Chapter 134

Ed didn't teleport back to the area where he met Johan . He wasn't an idiot so he made sure to leave a couple of marked wood pieces that he uses for teleportation . But, instead of teleporting to the farthest one, he left more along the way and teleported to them one by one . The reason he traveled this way was to perform some hunts while on the way back .

The first area of teleportation was still inside the wasteland . There, Ed and the others fought off a horde of locusts . The Locusts had a low cultivation, but their numbers make up for their weakness . Ed and the others needed to use a lot of attacks that involved a large area to decrease their numbers . However, in doing so they quickly used up their Qi . By the time they killed the last Locust, Ed managed to level up . He also checked his Inventory and was happy to see that he now had 12 Gacha tickets . He instinctively reached out to open the Gacha interface only to remember that the system still isn't back .

'Well, I can't help it . ' Ed sighed and teleported to the next location, which was inside the forest . Sadly, unlike the first one, Ed didn't meet with any monsters worth killing . He waited for a while until the sunset, so he instead opened up his pocket dimension . After training for almost ten hours, Ed and the other performed the same ritual as every time .

They teleported outside the forest this time . The third location was right near the entrance . They could see an extended area of plains again . They started relying on their sight to locate monsters . Of course, Ed was still relying on his Map . In a short amount of time, they encountered, or rather they stalked, a group of Bison . 'Beef...' Ed could only think of this when he saw them . The Bison didn't look any different from those back on Earth . Even the size was almost identical . However, these ones were definitely more menacing . Their cultivation was Heavenly Establishment level 1 .

Obviously, Ed didn't let them leave . The Bison were terrified by Raikou and Sieg's auras . Now even had a higher cultivation than the Bison . Quickly, they offed the Bison . Ed made sure to let his companions know that they shouldn't damage the bodies too much . This was the case with every monster that he planned to cook . After storing the bodies, Ed teleported to the next marked area . This was the last checkpoint, and he didn't look for monsters to kill . Instead, he looked for the direction of the Village . Ed recalled his monsters, while Raikou got into his shadow .

Ed was doing a reconnaissance mission while flying . He noticed a couple of humans that were hunting but didn't bother to ask them . He was going to find the Village at his own pace . Plus, they were marked red . Ed wasn't flying at his top speed, so as not to attract attention . Yet, even this way he managed to quickly reach the Village . Ed was not surprised that he was able to find this fast . He knew the general direction due to Johan, ad easily guessed the rest .

The Village betrayed its name . It looked like a city instead . A circular wall of five meters surrounded all of it, while the houses inside were even taller than the wall . If one were to see pictures of it, they wouldn't think of it as a place inside the Tower . The houses looked like they were built properly instead of hastily . The foundation looked stable even though they looked like middle age houses . All houses had a pointy top that seemed to be an attic with a window .

Ed flew down and approached the gate . Only one person was there, and upon seeing Ed started speaking to him .

"You don't look familiar . You need an entry fee of twenty gold coins . " The man tried to swindle Ed . Ed knew that this place didn't use gold coins as the monetary system . In the outside world, only gold was used . Gold coins were the same in every country and were worth the exact amount . No silver or copper coins existed, as they were used in other work fields . Due to this reason, twenty gold coins was not a big sum, but it didn't change the fact that the man was a swindler .

"If you want to scam someone, try somewhere else . " Ed bumped the man's shoulder causing him to fall down . The man was by no means weak . He was a Heavenly Establishment level 2, same as Ed . Yet, the difference was obvious .

"You shouldn't have done that . " A couple of thugs came out of hiding . At least, they thought they were hidden . Ed could detect such people without even needing to check his Map .

"Leave everything you have . " One of them spoke calmly . They were different from the random bandits of the outside . These ones were strong and calm .

Ed let out a sigh and started speaking . "Let me guess . You ask for an entrance fee to know if the one entering the city is an idiot or not . If they are it'll be easy to rob them afterward . If not you'll make a reason to rob them directly . I give this plan 1/5 star rating . Work better on your creativity . " Ed's words managed to stir the anger inside of them . He hit the nail on the head, and he insulted them .

"I guess you're looking to die . " They withdrew their weapons and pounced on him .

Unfortunately, they didn't get far . Ed didn't even need to do anything, so he stood still . Instead, Raikou in his shadow released five strands of the shadow that penetrated their skulls . They dropped dead in an instant without realizing what hit them .

"Idiots," Ed spoke as he passed by them . "As expected . " He checked the Map and noticed that 99% of the people were red dots . "And I wondered why I wasn't attacked until this floor . " This city was the same as the Central Government, a front that let crime happen . "Ironic . " Ed looked at a piece of wood that read, 'Welcome to Dream city' . He walked inside the city and started looking for someone who knew where the floor boss was .