Chapter 139

"Why did you kill him? Don't get me wrong I would have done the same, but you who saved someone only to kill him in the end, it feels weird . " The old man asked Ed while they were heading out of the hideout . They could see some of the slaves that were saved running away in the distance . While some others went inside the hideout to look for any leftover treasures .

"Because he was red," Ed's answer left the old man stupefied . He had no idea about Ed's Map, so he couldn't understand what was said . Ed continued and cleared things for him .

"He tried to kill me, his savior . Imagine what he would do to others . " The old man was listening keenly to Ed's words . "Well to be honest if he went his way I wouldn't have done anything to him, but since he chose to hurt I wasn't going to let it slip . I'm not a hero so don't say I could have helped him become a better man or anything like that . I have my principles and I live by them . Whether my actions, which are defined by my principles, qualify as justice or as evil, it isn't up to me to decide . I hope this answer satisfied your curiosity . "

After he finished speaking, Ed caught the old man's hand and teleported him to the village . The old man's feet turned into jelly because of the unexpected teleportation .

"You should have a card right? Bring it out . " Ed told him while extending his hand . The old man didn't have any reason to refuse . His points were taken away by the bandits, and only his name remained . The only reason why the bandits let him keep it was because of the tracking function it had . Ed actually didn't know about this function .

'Edmund . ' Ed read the name written on the card while transferring some points . He gave the man a total of 50 . 000 points, more than enough to keep him entertained if he knew how to use it well .

The villagers were throwing a party due to having escaped the tyranny of the bandits . Some bandits who survived were going to be executed in public . Some villagers were mourning the loss of the ones who died in the battle . These ones were extremely aggressive towards the surviving bandits . "We weren't going to attack you, I swear!" one of the bandits who knew his time was close to running out tried to weasel out of his situation . Unfortunately, his pleas fell on deaf ears .

Ed didn't care about what was happening . He went to his inn room by teleportation . After taking his disguise off, he summoned his companions and started cooking for them . Everyone fought hard during the battle . Especially those tasked with the protection of people . "By the way, what power did the leader have?" Ed asked Sieg and Raikou who fought him .

"He had a smoke that could eat away at the life force of living beings," Sieg answered as he was the one hit by the black smoke .

As Ed was making small talk he didn't really care . He continued cooking for a while and then went to sleep . In the next morning, he went out to hunt some more monsters .

Ed last saw Johan three days ago, which meant he moved to the next floor already . Ed spent four days hunting outside to spend his time . Unfortunately for him, he didn't get the Gacha tickets he wanted, only one dropped from over 100 monsters . Ed was baffled at the sudden drop in drop rates of the tickets . Granted, Ed didn't get to fight many high leveled monsters, but he expected to at least get another ten tickets .

Ed headed towards the teleportation circle of the next floor . Luckily for him, people didn't attempt to escape to the next floor . Otherwise, he would have needed to spend an extra couple of days on this floor . He strolled one last time in the village, hoping to see something that would interest him as he still had some points left . Sadly, the only thing that caught his attention was the old man he saved, starring at him while he was walking .

'He couldn't have recognized me right? I even changed my voice!' Ed was surprised but didn't show it in his movement or face . He remained the same and headed to the teleportation circle . Since most people were injured during the battle, no one attempted to leave this floor . Ed felt lucky as he walked into the teleportation room . These rooms existed only to house the teleportation circles . A group of people was inside speaking to each other . The group of people was there to monitor those that wanted to leave the floor .

"That little girl was so fast! I wonder where she's from . "

"You should have seen the black-skinned one that saved me!"

"A pale skinned person saved me as well . He was so handsome and cool, and-" "We know! You already told us . "

"Well you guys repeated your encounters many times, why shouldn't I?!"

The four people kept bickering about being saved . Ed realized that they were talking about his companions and quickened his steps . Ed didn't speak a word to them and instantly teleported to the boss area .

The boss was standing in the middle of a thicket . The body of a lion, the head, wings, and front legs of an eagle . The boss this time is a Gryphon . Ed quickly asked the system about its rarity since its aura was very...underwhelming . It was an Epic rank, Heavenly Establishment level 6 monster . Truly underwhelming . The battle went in a different way compared to Ed's battles ever since he started killing Legendary floor bosses . The difference in difficulty was clear . Especially since Ed managed to level to Heavenly Establishment level 3, making all his monster level 6 .

"What is this feeling..." Ed clutched his chest as he felt different . Emptiness filled his heart . 'I know what is missing . The feeling of accomplishment . " Ed thought to himself as he was teleported by the light .

In front of him was a mountain . He was now on the eleventh floor of the Tower of Origin . A desolate area surrounded the mountain, and the sky was covered by dark clouds . Not even the light could penetrate through these clouds . Such darkness would not trouble Heavenly Establishment cultivators . Their heightened senses could adapt in a short time . Ed could see that the top of the mountain was above the clouds . He thought about flying directly there but decided against it . He would be getting stronger if he killed monsters .

Ed noticed an entrance in the foot of the mountain . It was clearly the start of the eleventh floor, not this desolate area . He activated his dimension and entered it . Reviewing the notification, he noticed that he got one Gacha ticket and 300 . 000 Exp from the Gryphon . 'That's less than Mehen...' Ed thought .

He opened the Gacha interface, which now had one mess component .

"Use twenty tickets to exchange for two Legendary cards," Ed told the system, who did so . Two golden tickets appeared in Ed's hands as he inserted them into the Monster Gacha and the Skill Gacha .

[Drawing, please wait]

*Ding*

Acquired Agumon, Telekinesis .

'Eh?!' Ed exclaimed in his mind .