Chapter 73

A class now had 8 students, B class 6 and C class only 2 . If it wasn't for Charlie, they might have lost all members already . He was now fighting two students from A class alone . Many students in the academy either chose to hide their power to get into lower classes . Or couldn't answer well on the intellectual test . Charlie was the latter .

His academic smarts may not be high, but his battle prowess was high . He wasn't being pushed back by the two students at all . His martial art style was like Chinese Kung-Fu . Allowing him to deflect attacks, and counterattack with frightening power . He didn't show off much in his battle with Hayato, due to the latter being skilled in martial arts as well . But against the two in front of him, he had no trouble at all .

Charlie was about to knock one of them out when he heard a voice . "The third batch can enter!" The king's voice sounded off once more in the academy . And as Charlie was about to strike, he was stopped by an A class student . It was a beast man who had incredible speed . It took him less than a second to reach Charlie and stop him . Charlie now had to fight three opponents at the same time . As expected it was too much for him .

"Allow me to help you, Charlie . " One of the students was blown away by Wind magic . Leon had entered the ring as well this time . C class decided it would be wise to send in their strongest now, instead of last . The more students they could keep the better . Soon enough, Liza came and assisted Leon and Charlie . A three vs . Three battle was easy for them . The rest of the students were fighting E class once more, so they didn't support the three A class students . Leon decided against ganging up on E class . One of the reasons being Ed, and another was because he wouldn't feel any thrill doing that .

"We need to finish these guys fast" Leon knew it was only a matter of time before E class falls . By then, A class would switch their attention to them . Charlie and Liza also knew this and intensified their attacks . Charlie and Leon knocked out their opponents after some struggle . But Liza's opponent not losing to her . Instead, he was overpowering her .

Before her teammates could assist her, they were faced with new students from A and B class . B class lost two students while finishing off E class . A class was hunting down D class, so the rest were now fighting C class .

Leon had no choice but to activate his Herculean strength, as well as his movement skill . He could now fight three opponents at the same time . Charlie was backing away while trying to support Liza, as she was under heavy attacks .

Out of the ring, the rest of E class who lost got back to their class . "Good job you guys" Ed told them the same thing as earlier . When they heard him, some of the girls cried in embarrassment . While the boys could only hang their heads down in shame . They were hunted as if they were some common cattle . Ed understood how they felt and before anyone knew it, Shusui was in his hand . Ed was now silently leaking killing intent while moving towards the ring . It would soon be their turn .

Ellie, Emilia, Hayato, and Stephanie also approached the ring . Hayato now had a sword in his hands . It was a Double-Edged sword with a black blade and red hilt . Ed could feel killing intent not too different from him seeping out of the sword . Hayato noticed his gaze and spoke . "Demon swords: Asmodeus . It's a relic handed down in our family . " It was the first time Hayato was going to use a sword in battle . It showed that he, as well, was pissed off at the other classes .

"When we enter the ring, don't rush . Instead, wait behind me . " Ed told his teammates while gripping his sword . No one objected . They would follow his orders . All of them now respect Ed greatly after training with him . They also knew that he was not the reckless type, so he wouldn't be doing something that would endanger them . It was only a couple of minutes before they could enter the ring .

A lot of students were now out of the ring . D class was barely hanging on with 2 students . C class had Leon, Liza, Charlie and two more students . B class is also left with 5 students . A class was still left with 8 students . Leon and Charlie were injured a little after fighting so many students . They knocked out most of the students who attacked them, but they showed no signs of stopping . Liza was also injured, and now was supporting them with magic .

"The last students can now enter! Remember, you have 15 minutes to win!" The king's voice alerted everyone . Every time he spoke it meant two things . E class would be hunted and more students would join the ring . Ed and the rest jumped into the ring and everyone stood still except Ed who moved a little to the front . Many students were now coming to attack them . Except for Leon and his classmates, as well as their opponents .

"Leave those failures to me! It's time to end them!" Norris left his team as well and closed in on Ed . His grudge resurfaced again after a long time . His teammates, Alicia, two beast men and an Oni did not join . All of the students attacking Ed felt something was wrong, but they still continued .

Ed held Shusui horizontally with both hands . His left foot ahead of his right one, and he assumed a slashing stance . Fire magic was forming on his blade in a strange way . It was like a dying fire . "Smoldering Blade!" An original technique of Ed that uses only one sword . He used Shusui instead Muramasa because its killing intent matched his at the moment .

The slash Ed used showed both of his strength and his emotion . The slash looked like a smoldering fire, ready to consume anything to get stronger . His single slash filled up the entire ring . No one was safe from it . The ones who were in front of him, including Norris, were pushed back to the other side of the ring . Some of them couldn't handle the slash and, were either burned or thrown off the ring . Some of the other students who didn't plan to join already, like Alicia, were forced to draw their weapons and protect themselves .

"I'll make you feel my class' pain . Many times stronger . " Ed spoke while putting Shusui on his shoulder .