Chapter 136

After leaving his position, Ed went to check out the inns . Ed was going to stay for a while on this floor due to two reasons . First, he didn't want to leave so quickly . Although the floor was dangerous, it wasn't threatening for Ed . Out of all the people he had scanned, the strongest one was a Heavenly Establishment level 5, which Ed could kill . Second, he was planning to kill the boss, and not leave using the teleportation circle . Even if he were to take the turn immediately after Johan, he would still have to wait over a week .

He stopped by one of the more fancy inns and entered . The inn was the largest building in town and had many rooms . Each room was big, and could easily accommodate at least five people that didn't mind sharing . The big was a king-sized bed that didn't lose to the one Ed had in his room . The corridors were clean and the rooms were tidy and well kept . Ed was curious as to why such a high-class inn was inside the tower, and apparently, it makes money . Every room cost 5000 points per night, and by exchanging those points with treasures and taking them outside, they make a lot of money .

Ed bargained on the price and managed to get a 6% discount . Even more than what his haggling skill provided . He paid 4700 points and gave 300 points as a tip to one of the workers . Of course, Ed wasn't being unnecessarily nice, and the worker wasn't an idiot either . Ed wanted information, and the worker had them . The 300 points were simply to test the waters . Ed offered the man 2000 more credits to get him to spill all the beans .

"There's a group of dangerous bandits stationed outside the village . Every month they come and take points from everyone . In exchange, they help out in case of a monster horde . As for the local crime doers, you can kill them if you want they're only scrubs . But, try to avoid the bandits . " The man spoke more and more about the situation of the Village . Ed wasn't interested in most of what was said, except for the first part .

Ed was curious as to why people didn't leave the village on the specific day . Apparently, the bandits work together with the Central Government . So, they have the names of everyone who is on this floor due to the exchange cards . Ed looked at the card in his hand and smiled while thinking, 'Looks like it won't be a quiet stay . '

Ed asked the man one last thing . "When is the next tribute day?"

"In five days . " The man answered .

Ed gave him the promised points and left . These points didn't mean much to him since he got a plethora of them by selling useless carcasses . However, he wasn't going to give it away to bandits so easily . Ed headed to his room and summoned his companions . He told them everything that he was told and spoke about his next plans .

"We're going to kill anyone who messes with us . " Ed wasn't a boy on Earth . Now, he had people he cared about and principles he believed in . Anyone who was a threat to him and his loved ones would end up dying . Seeing that he wasn't going to be able to avoid the bandits, only one solution remained .

All of his friends nodded at him in agreement . Ed made sure to create a dimension, so as not to be overheard by anyone . He also slept inside the dimension after eating . The next day, he strolled around the village looking at potential souvenirs . He wanted to use up his points somehow, so he decided to buy things he liked . A pendant caught his attention so he approached the salesman .

"You have a good eye, sir . This is a one of a kind item . " He kept blabbing in, trying to convince Ed to buy it .

'One of a kind my butt . ' Ed had scanned the pendant . It turns out that it's a cursed item that had a mind control effect .

"I want to see how it looks . Help me out and wear it so I can have a good look . " The salesman's face went pale after hearing Ed . He knew that his plan was found out, so he could only beg for his life . Ed ended getting items at half price from him . He bought some jewels and rings for his family, and the total came to less than 20 . 000 points . Satisfied, Ed left the now crying salesman .

Ed spent the next couple of days hunting outside the village . He managed to level up, but only once . However, he was able to gather many Gacha tickets . He now had twenty, the largest amount he ever had at once . The system was going to come back anytime now so Ed was at his maximum anticipation . He was similar to a child who knew his father was going to give him a treat, so he couldn't wait until his father got home . Ed entered the Village but didn't head to the exchange booths . Even after these days, he still didn't burn through his point stock .

Ed noticed a commotion so he went to see what was wrong . One of the bandits came to let them know that the tribute was happening tomorrow, earlier than scheduled . Ed didn't care about these things, and instead tailed the bandit as he was going back . After walking for almost an hour, they finally reached the bandits' hideout . It was an underground base under a hill . The entrance was almost impossible to spot . Ed was using Zetsu to hide his presence all the time while tailing the bandit . But now he used Zero Sign and followed after him inside without forgetting to leave a teleportation wood piece .

The inside of the base was much larger than he thought . The numbers of the bandits exceeded 100, while slaves added to their numbers . The boss looking man was sitting on a throne-like seat with a couple of collared women sitting down on the floor next to him . He was telling the bandit members some things like 'we're the best' and 'no one can oppose us' . Ed didn't waste time and instead scanned them all . The strongest one was the leader at Heavenly Establishment level 6, while the rest were spread out at level 2-4 . Ed also checked out their weapons and armor .

Ed had the thought of killing the leader now before his time with Zero Sign was up . However, he was startled by a sudden sound .

[I'm back . ]