Chapter 25

After checking out his skills and abilities once more; Ed left the castle and headed to the market . There, he bought herbs and medicinal plants to make pills and potions . He also bought some blacksmithing materials that he would use to maintain his swords' quality .

Ed had gotten some money from his father's as thanks to his contribution in helping the country . On on top of the money, he got from selling monster corpses, he didn't have to worry about losing money any time soon .

Ed also headed to the shop where he ate at the last time he was searching for Oliver . There, he asked the old man on pointers for cooking . After he had gotten the cooking skill, he wanted to try it but didn't get the chance .

The old man was happy enough to share his recipes with him, but Ed just declined . "I like this shop's food so I wouldn't want to spoil it by making the food on my own" Ed did indeed enjoy the food that was made in this shop . If he made it himself it would lose a lot of its meaning .

Ed headed to the food market and purchased a lot of ingredients . To his surprise, most of the food that was in this world is identical to his previous world . Other than some 'interesting' looking food he didn't have any problem identifying the ingredients he needed . He also bought some spices; they were very expensive to his surprise .

After sorting out everything, Ed returned to his home . He didn't have to carry anything since he had the Inventory he got from the Game interface V2 . 'Although I complained before, I'm glad I got this ability' Ed was all smiles inside .

Ed returned to his home and Becky informed him that his luggage was ready . Although he was leaving the next day he still preferred to prepare everything beforehand . He went to the training area with his sister and Raikou . Oliver didn't join them after the last time since now he always trains in the sect .

Ed taught Bella some new techniques this time . Every time he showed her a skill she would memorize it immediately which showed that she had talent with the sword . If she wasn't young and still weak, she would be a genius and execute any skill perfectly . He would need to point out 1 or 2 mistakes if any at all when she was performing the techniques .

'I should get her a katana the next time' Ed thought about crafting her a magic weapon but decided against it . If she got a powerful weapon now she might rely too much on it and discard her training .

The training lasted for about two hours this time; Bella's stamina was getting better and better . Ed went and took a bath as usual and joined his family for dinner . Although he disliked it, he wouldn't be seeing them for a long time so he went anyway .

The dinner was lively as everyone kept asking Ed for souvenirs . He was going to a different country so it was only natural they would be curious about it . Ed promised them all to get them different things and he reminded himself to get some for the servants as well . They always took care of their family so he should give back to them as well .

After the dinner, Ed got back to his and slept as soon as his face hit the pillow . He had to save some energy for his trip tomorrow .

The next morning, Becky woke Ed up and he washed his face and changed his clothes . He then made his way to his father's office .

"Ed; which carriage would you like to take?" Arthur asked Ed since he wanted him to choose for himself .

"I don't need a carriage . Raikou should be faster and his stamina would be better than the horses anyway" Ed also wanted to train his Shadow Steps in this journey .

"Well, then you would know better . Leonard will be giving you a map and directions for your journey . " Leonard was also present and he moved up to Ed and gave him a map .

"The journey to the Scale country isn't too difficult . It would take you 1 week to get to the country . Then you would only need to make your way to the capital which should be easy enough . There are a lot of small villages along the way so you can stop by them to restock on supplies . " Leonard kept explaining the map to Ed .

"I understand" Ed didn't know much about reading maps but he could still understand what he was being taught .

"Well then it's time for you to head to your adventure" Arthur got up and walked Ed to the entrance of the castle .

When he was about to leave he noticed many presences near the entrance . It was the rest of his family along with Griffin Oliver and even Becky . They had all come to wish him a safe journey .

"Promise me you'll be okay Ed . Don't let anything happen to you . Don't get scammed along the way . And be careful of bandits!" His mother seemed very worried and she even had tears on her eyes .

"It's the bandits that need to be worried . " It was Eric speaking . "Next time you come back I'll have surpassed you, brother!" Eric made a fist and hit his chest . It was his declaration to get stronger .

"Take care of yourself big brother!" Bella came up and hugged Ed she was also teary eyed .

"Young master Ed, take care" Becky bowed in front of Ed and spoke .

"Take care, Master Ed" Griffin and Oliver spoke at the same time and saluted Ed .

"Thank you, everyone . I'll be sure to get you all souvenirs!" Ed was moved by his friends and family's actions . They all cared deeply about him .

"Take care my son" It was Arthur's turn this time . He put his hands on Ed's shoulder and patted them . He got something out of his pocket and gave it to Ed .

"This is a letter written by me . This should be enough evidence for your identity in case anyone questions it" He handed Ed the letter .

"Thank you father" After saying his goodbyes Ed made his way to the entrance of the city . He was taking a different route this time than the one he took when hunting .

"Raikou!" Ed called his trusted partner and rode him .

"It's time for an adventure"

"Woof!"

The duo ran along and disappeared from view after a few minutes .