Chapter 80

'The Healing cards!' Ed snapped out of his sorrow after remembering that he had some hope left He quickly checked his Inventory . He didn't have enough Healing cards to help them all, which made his heart sink even more, but he still teleported near them to try and help .

"System use Healing card!" Ed didn't want to wait any longer . If he could save even two of them, he would do it .

[Host might be misunderstanding something . The Healing card will only heal the damage that was dealt to their bodies . It cannot bring back souls . ]

This time, Ed felt as if his soul was being twisted . If the system couldn't help, then they were truly gone . This was the first time Ed truly lost someone dear to him . Even in his old world, all of his family members were healthy, and his grandparents were alive . No one close to him died . All of the emotions that Ed was feeling right now made his brain go into a frenzy .

He couldn't focus on anything so he didn't notice . Ed's Sharingan was forcefully activated, and the Tomoe in his eyes started rotating . Suddenly, they merged into a square-like shape . The square started rotating as well, leaving behind copies of itself . When his eyes were finally stable, the group of squares that were intersected shaped a circle inside them with a small hole inside of it as well .

*Ding*

Sharingan evolved into Mangekyo-Sharingan .

Ed didn't even care about the notification . He stood near the bodies for a while before collecting them inside his Inventory . They were dead so they could be stored . He even took the two old ladies who were dead next to them . He recognized the two ladies since he met them before . They were one of the old people who always helped Eri and the children . 'They probably came to visit them, or they wanted to help them' . Ed was thinking about the reason the children were in the slums .

The children either wanted to visit the people who helped as usual, or they noticed the monster invasion and wanted to help them . 'They probably remembered that I told them they needed to be strong, so they wanted to save them and show me how strong they were' . The theories Ed was making were all hurting him even more . Every time he stored one of their bodies, he would remember his chats with the children . How they wanted to be with him . How they enjoyed his company, and how they laughed when playing with Suika and Raikou .

When Ed finally stored Eri's body, he could hear her voice in his head . 'You're the only family we ever had' . Tears started appearing on Ed's face, and he started sobbing uncontrollably .

[Forcefully de-activating Mangekyo-Sharingan . The host can let loose however he wants, I'll take care of healing ...] . Even the system who was always distant decided to help Ed . He even suggested he would heal him, using the potions and healing cards Ed had in his inventory . The system even sealed the Mangekyo-Sharingan so it wouldn't drain him .

Ed stood up and withdrew all three of his Katana . Monsters didn't approach him while he was storing the bodies, but now Ed was approaching them . Most of the monsters in front of him were at King Establishment . None of them could even react as they were being sliced by Ed . The more monsters he killed, the more rationality he lost .

Even a group of Steel armadillos, who were King Establishment level 5 monsters, known for strong defense, fell one after the other . Ed was using, magic, sword skill, and Nen at the same time . Unless monsters above Earth Establishment level 5 appeared, Ed would easily kill them . Plus in his current state of anger, he was letting out more and more power .

By now Ed had killed hundreds of monsters, he didn't know where he was, or why, if a monster appeared it would be killed .

*Ding*

Acquired new skill: Berzerk .

Even the system's notification didn't wake Ed up . By now, almost all weak monsters were eradicated, only Earth Establishment monsters remained . Ed still continued to fight, his usual finesse in killing was gone, but it was replaced by brutality . He took many injuries, but no fatal ones . Every time the system felt he was in danger, he used a potion or a pill . Ed was like a one-man army at this moment .

After a while, the capital's soldiers finally reached Ed's area . When they saw Ed mercilessly, and brutally killing the monsters they froze in their place . The killing intent he was releasing rooted them to the ground . One of the soldiers, who had a decent cultivation approached Ed and tried to stop him . Only to be greeted by a punch to the face . The soldier was a King Establishment level 5 . Usually, he would withstand a normal punch easily, but Ed's sent his consciousness flying away .

The soldiers gave up on stopping Ed and assisted him . Afterwards, the teachers of the academy, as well as Ed's friends came to help . Even the general was present . Everyone who saw Ed's situation didn't know how to stop him . They didn't know what caused him to go berserk . But, Raikou who was always with Ed knew what had happened . "Aooooooo!" Tears filled Raikou's eyes as he was fond of the children even if he didn't show it . His howl was filled with sadness, helping the bystanders know that a tragedy had struck .

Raikou, Gobuta, and Goburou approached Ed . Even though he killed the monster he was fighting, he still continued to swing his swords . But none of those slashes had any power behind them . He was exhausted . His companions stopped him, and Raikou put him on his back while going back to the academy . It was time for Ed to take a rest .

Ed was full of blood, and other liquids he got by killing the monsters, but his friends didn't care . They left with Raikou and helped him get to the academy safely . The teachers, sane students, and Ed's companions were able to subdue the controlled students without losing a single life . Making the academy safe for now . But, Ed had lost more than anyone today .