Chapter 17

'Since they are disciples I should head to the sect grounds' Using his only lead Ed formed a plan in his mind and started executing it .

Ed passed by the training area and made sure his brother wasn't there . He knew his brother would be in the sect so he had to get there .

He headed to his father's office and found his butler at the door .

"I would like to talk to my father, please inform him for me" Usually Becky would take care of such matters, but Ed was alone now .

"Understood" The butler went in and Ed heard his father's voice . "Come in" .

"What do you want Ed" His father went straight to the point .

''I would like to study some techniques so I want your permission to enter the sect" Ed wasn't a sect disciple like his brother or Griffin so he needed permission to enter sect grounds .

"I see . Very well here is a written statement, it had my signature so you don't have to worry" Arthur didn't find anything wrong with his son's request . He wanted to get strong so why stop him?

"Thank you father" Ed left afterward but didn't find Raikou .

"Raikou where are you?" Ed looked around but couldn't find his friend at all . Suddenly Ed's shadow expanded and Raikou came out of it . Ed was scared beyond belief . He couldn't understand what had happened .

"Woof!" Raikou looked very pleased with Ed's reaction .

'Oh, that's right! His name became shadow wolf!' Ed finally guessed how Raikou was able to hide in his shadow . But he still couldn't figure out when he did that .

"Let's scare my mom and sister the same way, OK?" Ed suddenly thought of a prank to play on his family .

Ed then headed towards his mother's room, after speaking with her maid he got in and found that both her and his sister were inside .

"Hey mother, hey Bella, come here I wanna show you something" Ed immediately tried to play his prank .

"What is it, Ed? Why can't you show us from there?" Although his mother had he doubts she was still coming toward him .

Ed then asked them to look at the ground below him . They both looked down and suddenly Raikou came out .

"Aaaaah!" Both Elizabeth and Bella screamed and backed away .

"Hahahahah!" Ed was very amused but didn't forget his true objective . He activated his Sharingan and took a look at both their Qis', it was disturbed but soon calmed down .

This showed that Ed's mother and sister were not being controlled . Ed let out a sigh of relief and deactivated his Sharingan before they could notice .

"Why did you do that? Why would you scare us? Is it that amusing? And you Raikou, why did you agree to play a prank on us?!" The secret weapon was let out and Elizabeth wouldn't stop talking .

Ed was laughing while Raikou was barking happily . Bella was pouting because she got pranked but soon laughed as well .

After making sure the two were alright, Ed made his way to the sect . He showed his father's letter to the guards and got in .

It was the first time Ed entered the sect so he was watching everything closely . The sect was huge . It took at least a quarter of the city's total size .

It had houses which Ed guessed were for the disciples . He also noticed that the training grounds were full of people practicing .

Ed got back to his mission and started looking for his brother . Although Ed wasn't running, thanks to Shadow Steps he was very fast . He covered the training grounds but still couldn't find him .

He then jumped up on top of a house and started looking around from a high point . Ten minutes later Ed found Eric . He was in a secluded area far from the entrance of the sect .

Eric was surrounded by three other people who had their sect's clothes . Ed was about 200 meters away from them but still felt that something was wrong . Something kept telling him things are not what they look like, so he activated the Sharingan .

Right after its activation, one of the disciples started losing his form and suddenly transformed into a middle-aged man .

'Illusion?! That should be the man controlling my brother!' "System scan the man in the middle" Ed wanted to know how strong his opponent was before taking action .

[The man in the middle is an Earth establishment level 4]

Ed got shocked after hearing the results of the scan . There was no way he could defeat that man even with Raikou and Suika's help .

"What about the other two?"

[Knight establishment level 1]

Ed was relieved; if the other two were as strong he would have no choice but to give up on the mission .

'What to do now?' Ed kept thinking . He didn't plan on a strong opponent to appear in this mission . 'I should have expected it since the exp was generous'

Ed took a look at his Inventory and saw a Transformation card there . "System what can this card do?"

[The transformation card can transform the host into a person he knows]

"Great!" A plan formed instantly in Ed's head .

"Use the transformation card and turn me into the guard we met at the door"

[Transforming please wait]

Ed now looked exactly like the guard; even his mother wouldn't be able to tell the difference .

After that Ed started walking towards the four of them . The three men were on guard and tensed up, only Eric was okay since he knew this guard from a long time .

Ed got close enough to Eric and spoke "Young master Eric, your brother is here and he wants to talk to you so he asked us to come to get you . He can't come inside the sect after all" Ed made his story sound believable .

As soon as Eric wanted to go with him, the man stopped him "Eric your brother can wait, let us continue our talk" Eric like a machine tried to go back but Ed stopped him .

"So you really are the one controlling my brother! Don't think we'll let you leave after that!" Ed undid his transformation and punched Eric in the stomach . He used all his strength so Eric immediately lost consciousness .

The three men were stunned because of the sudden transformation . Ed used this chance and conjured two fire arrows . He targeted the earth and dust filled the place .

"Gale" He then used his Wind magic to keep the dust circling around while he ran away with his brother on his back .

He got back to the training grounds and shouted at the disciples . "Take my brother back and inform my father we have enemies around" .

The disciples knew Ed was Arthur's son so they followed his orders and left . The 3 men soon caught up and Ed withdrew his two swords and unsheathed them .

'Now then, to buy some time until my father is here!' Ed made up his resolve and got ready to fight .