Chapter 147

Outside of an office, a young man knocked twice on the door .

"Enter . " A gentle female voice, filled with impatience and worry, sounded . The young man entered the room and looked at his mother, her hands clutching her head .

"They're coming . As we expected an army of monsters as well . " Relaying some bad news to his mother, the young man, Eric, sat down on one of the chairs .

A long worry filled sigh escaped Elizabeth's mouth when she heard the news . Blood sect has been attacking them many times, but only in small waves . However, lately, they've been trying to finish them completely .

"If only Arthur was here...If only Ed was here . " Both mother and son felt sad when she spoke the second part of her sentence . Ed, who should have been here fighting with them, was gone for a long time . Arthur had attempted to look for him in the tower after one year passed but to no avail .

"They're attacking us now because father isn't here . " Eric could easily guess the reason for the large army's sudden appearance . "It's also because Scale and Aragon's kingdoms finally fell . " The continent where Avalon kingdom was situated had three major kingdoms . Scale kingdom in the west, Aragon in the north, and Ryuu in the east . The south had the port kingdom, but it was simply a way to reach the Central Continent .

Now that two of the three major kingdoms fell to Blood sect, it could be said that the whole continent did as well . Many small kingdoms still stood in opposition to the Blood sect . Avalon and Schweiss's kingdoms are an example . However, the strongest force of Avalon, Arthur, was not present now . Their power could be said to be cut in half by his disappearance . In fact, it was because of Scale kingdom falling that Arthur wasn't present . After hearing the news, he decided to help the king of Scale kingdom, as he was a close friend of Arthur's father . Unfortunately, Blood sect caught wind of this and prepared their invasion .

"Any Immortal Establishment people?" Elizabeth asked in worry . If such a person existed, the chances of winning would be abysmal .

"Not for now . But he's there . " Eric only used a pronoun, but Elizabeth could tell who he was talking about .

"The one who cut Leonard's hand?" she still wanted to confirm it .

"Yes" Unfortunately, the answer is still positive .

"How is he?" Elizabeth was worried about Leonard . As the general of the kingdom, falling in battle is a normal thing . But, losing a hand was a disgrace . She was afraid he would do something stupid to himself .

"He's still unconscious . It was a surprise attack, and he was lucky to survive . But, since he lost the weapon Ed made him, whenever he wakes up and remembers, he keeps cursing until he faints again . "

"Where are Bella and Becky?" Elizabeth took the chance to ask about everyone . Becky became Bella's maid after Ed was gone . Both of them would train every day using the weapons Ed gave them . Bella was especially happy since she got to use the real weapon, instead of a replica . Arthur gave both her and Oliver the weapons, as he realized the danger of Blood sect . Oliver and Griffin also trained together in the sect . it became Griffin's duty to train the disciples as some of the Elders were busy . While others betrayed them .

"The Elders that betrayed us, were they taken care of?" Elizabeth was stuck in the office for a long time . News barely reached her as she was busy preparing strategies and maintaining the country .

"We managed to catch all three of them . And of course, kill them . " While sounding cold, the aura of Eric burst out . He was now at Heavenly Establishment level 7 . Definitely not someone to be underestimated . Griffin was one level higher than him . Both of them managed to surpass Elizabeth whose cultivation had been stuck at level 5 for a long time .

"How long until they reach us?"

"Three days at max . " Eric's answer wasn't a favorable one, but Elizabeth still acted as if it was .

"We'll act as if it's tomorrow . Tell the Elders to prepare for war . All of our people should remain inside the walls these days . " During the last, almost, two years, Avalon now had an eight-meter wall surrounding it from every direction . It served both as a surveillance and offensive point . Archers would be situated there at all times .

"Oh, one final thing . What about that old man, is he still living next to the walls?" Elizabeth recalled an old man that appeared roughly eight months ago . Every day, he would appear inside the city and ask if Edward had come back or not . Everyone couldn't help but admire his persistence . He also helped them many times during attacks and was the one who managed to save Leonard after his hand was cut off . Arthur thanked him, but he was still wary of him . He wanted to accommodate him a room inside the city, but the old man refused . He said a cabin in the woods suited him better .

"Yeah, he is . Apparently, he could sense a war coming so he asked if he could participate . I refused, but he'll probably just barge into the battlefield again . He also asked for Ed again . Other than us who were close to him, he's probably the only one who believes Ed to be still alive . " Eric explained things to Elizabeth, and finally left to do his job . Many responsibilities fell on his shoulder as the next in line for the throne . He was especially under pressure now that Arthur wasn't around . However, he could understand Arthur wanting to help Scale kingdom's king as he was like an uncle to him . It also showed his faith in his family .

"I can only hope that we'll survive this time," Elizabeth spoke under her breath and clutched the silver double-edged sword on the desk . In an instant, her unwavering eyes focused with determination and hope inside of them . She got back to her work and started doing all the preparations necessary . War was not an easy thing .