Chapter 160

Ed was getting closer and closer to the capital . The temperature was getting colder as well, and soon, snow started falling . A carpet of snow covered the land as far as the eye could see . Farmers could still grow some crops during the snow, but it was very hard . Thus, the capital relied heavily on other cities that have a warmer climate in order to secure food . They also used fish heavily as the ocean was right next to the capital . Importations from other countries were also used, but the new king decided to stop it . Most of the countries surrounding Aragon were small countries, not yet conquered by Blood sect . Norris decided not to deal with them until they join Blood sect .

Once Ed reached the capital, he was mesmerized by the view . Snow falling looked like it was under the microscope . It looked similar to snowflakes and descended very slowly . Every building was covered in snow except for the chimneys as smoke melted it . Even with the snow and cold, people still roamed the streets . Ed headed into a tavern again, but this time went to the man behind the counter directly .

"I'm here to catch the 'Ice Witch' . Do you have any information on her?" Ed also found out that a reward was put on Emilia's head . This was the reason why the people, who had been protected by her mother, turned against her calling her the Ice Witch .

"You're out of luck pall, she was caught just yesterday . An execution is planned in the afternoon . We'll finally end the bloodline of the witches . " Hearing the man, Ed frowned and left the tavern in a hurry . Everyone thought he was angry he missed out on potential gold .

'No time for chitchat anymore . ' Ed looked around for a suitable place and decided on the gate of the capital . He left a sigil in there and teleported back to Avalon . A little more than a day passed since he left . Right now, they had less than three hours to save Emilia .

"We need to leave now . Emilia has been caught by Norris . " Ed relayed the news to Hayato and Ellie . He got his companions to come to him .

Ellie and Hayato's eyes turned serious and went to prepare for leaving .

"Raikou, Sieg, and Gobuta . You three should stay here in case something happens . Merry and Suika will take care of the injured . The rest of you will come with me .

"I'm coming as well . " Alicia appeared with bandages all over her . She removed them once she noticed that Ed was about to talk her out of it . "I'm fine . " She looked like she couldn't bear to stay still . This was her way of repaying Ed and the others for helping her family .

"I see . Merry, you'll come as well . Alicia will stay with you . " Ed changed things quickly and got the others to come by him . In an instant, they all disappeared .

Back in the capital, guards near the gate were looking at the sigil Ed left . Suddenly, something appeared, sending the snow flying .

"Edward, What's this?" Merry asked in a curious voice .

"It's called snow . "

"Ah, it turned into water . " Merry was enjoying the new thing she discovered . They didn't notice that the group of guards was looking horrified at them .

"Who are you?!!" The guard leader shouted while unsheathing his sword .

"We have no time for this . " Ed used Conqueror's Haki, and all the guards fell down unconscious . "Garu, time to put it to test . " Ed looked at Garu, who squeezed his new weapon .

Garu poured some QI into the Glaive . It had the same function as the other weapons, so it grew heavier and heavier . Ed made this function in order to be used mid-swing, not before even attacking . Yet, when Garu swung the Glaive, the gate and nearby walls collapsed . It was as if an explosion took place when it was only Garu's raw strength .

"Oy oy, Edward . Isn't it common sense to be quiet during an undercover mission?" Hayato asked him while laughing .

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by the age of eighteen . " Ed quoted a famous person as he walked inside . Guards from all over the capital were coming over to check the disturbance .

"We need to keep them occupied . Agumon, you and Goburou create a scene in another location . Try not to kill normal guards, but if it can't be helped do it . " Ed was giving them orders as he was checking his Map . A loud explosion interrupted him . Ellie used her new Gauntlet to split the earth all the way to the houses .

"Oops . " She said while scratching her head . More and more guards were coming their way but had to stop before reaching them . A large fireball formed in the air and hit another one of the gates .

It was WarGreymon who used his Gaia Force . The wall kept crumbling as Goburou sent one flying slash to destroy it . The guards couldn't make out what was happening and chose to head towards Ed's group . Suddenly, they found themselves running in the opposite direction .

"We need you to stay confused as long as possible . " They heard a voice behind them and tried to turn around, only to find themselves looking right .

Merry had confused their senses, and Alicia was flying next to her . Alicia had managed to cultivate up to Heavenly Establishment level 10 . Yet, she had no confidence in beating anyone among Ed's group . Ed gave the task of training her to Merry, as it was helpful in the long run, as well as a new experience for Merry .

People inside the kingdom were panicking and running towards the castle . All of them shouting for help . Five figures appeared, and the people instantly calmed down .

"It's the five stars!" Those who recognized them shouted their names . The five stars was a title given by the king to these people . They were the ones who helped him take over the kingdom . They were all Heavenly Establishment level 10, and they belonged to Blood sect .

"We'll check what happened, and catch whoever is responsible!" a female star spoke, and four of them headed to the gates affected . The only remaining was the one who spoke, seemingly their leader .

"Hmm? Where's Ed?" Back in Ed's group, they were knocking out the guards that, when Ellie asked .

"It's obvious, isn't it? He went to save the princess!" Hayato answered while looking at a figure skipping above the houses .