Chapter 71

Ed spent the rest of the time before the tournament training . During the day he would train along with his classmates and in the night with his monsters .

During the second day, Ed fought with Hayato and Emilia . The two of them gave Ed a lot of trouble, so much that he had to activate many of his skills to be able to win . All of them seemed to improve a lot faster in battle, rather than with cultivation .

As for Ed and his companions, they could now use Ken with ease . Their Ren training paid off . Ed and Raikou could hold En for about 10 minutes before feeling tired . Raikou and Ed had the greatest reserves of energy out of them, so it was only obvious . Suika and the others could use most of the advanced techniques, but still not at the level of Ed .

Ed also made weapons for Gobuta and the others . He made some prototypes with iron only to help them choose which weapon suited them the best . In the end, Gobuta chose a great sword, Goburou a rapier and Garu chose to use two double-edged swords .

After they chose the weapons, Ed spent about six hours every day on each one of the weapons . He made the weapons with conductivity in mind . They would be using Shu to coat the weapons, as well as magic, so the weapons had to be able to withstand the energy that would be flowing . Thankfully, the metals that Ed bought were perfect for the job .

The Great-Sword for Gobuta was a huge double-handed sword . It has a classical silver blade and a thin hilt . Ed used it to make sure it was not faulty and was impressed . The sword was made from Mythril, so it would get lighter the more energy was put into it . This allowed the user to forget about the weight of the sword when fighting, making it less of a burden . The hilt was golden in color, with the bottom of it looking like an eagle's claw .

Goburou's rapier was thinner than usual rapier, but it was much sturdier . It was made with speed in mind, but Ed didn't forget about durability . The blade was red with a black hilt that had a couple of ornamental rings that protected the hand of the user and served to store energy .

Garu now had two swords . Both swords were different in color, with one being red and the other blue . They also focused on damage and speed . The blue sword had a red hilt, while the red sword had a blue one . Gary had shown compatibility with Fire and Ice magic . He was the only one of the three who could use magic, so Ed decided to make him swords that enhanced these elements .

All the swords that Ed made have Epic quality . The reason being, he didn't want them to rely on the weapons too much . Ed would re-forge their weapons as soon as they become capable enough .

Raikou and Suika didn't need weapons so Ed didn't make anything for them . All of them now had a higher battle power compared to before .

The days went by and it was time for the tournament . Ed finally used his leather set after a long time . He had hunted for only two days, at most, during his time in the academy, so he didn't bother with protection much . Raikou decided to join him today, so he entered his shadow . Suika also sat on his shoulder while he was making his way to the class .

Ed met up with Emilia, Ellie, and Hayato first, and then Stephanie when they reached the classroom . Harry was also there and started speaking as soon as everyone was present .

"The king will be telling all the details of the tournament, so let's go and meet him . By the way, I put a bet on you guys winning to show my support, so make me proud!" It was the first time Harry had shown an emotion other than annoyance . 'Is it the money, or does he really believe in us' Ed couldn't help but think this way, but shrugged this thought off and moved on .

"I wonder how this tournament will be . " Stephanie who seemed a bit nervous asked her friends .

"Well since our teacher said he bet on us, I'm guessing we won't be fighting each other . " Ed deducted this from how Harry had spoken . He was also a bit relieved since he didn't want to fight his friends .

Soon enough, they reached the great hall of the academy . The king and the general from the tests were present . The king's daughter wasn't with him this time; instead, she was standing with her classmates . All classes grouped up in a square with their teacher in front of them . When everyone was present, the king started speaking .

"We meet again! Let's quickly get to the point; I want to get back to sleep- to do my job!" The king never failed to amuse the people present . It showed that he was a nice person, easy to get along with . "The tournament will be a little different . Each class will send in 5 people at the beginning, after every five minutes, five more people will go inside . This will go on until all twenty people have entered the ring . To win, you need to eliminate all other classes or have the most students when the time limit of 30 minutes is up . The time starts when the first batch of students enters . " The king finished explaining .

Ed could see that all classes, except class A, had a disadvantage . Class B to E had mock-battles, but A didn't . This meant that their abilities were unknown . 'Guess this is the advantage of being in class A' Ed wasn't nervous . He was simply thinking if his team should be first or last to enter the battle .

The group of students and teachers moved ahead to the ring . When they got there, everyone was surprised . The ring was enormous . It was about as big as a football field . It was made with the idea of having a group battle .

"Why don't you let all your students enter, Harry? I'm sure all twenty of them need to be present to at least survive!" The person who approached Harry was A class' teacher . He seemed like a smug man who was in his late twenties . He reeked of arrogance .

"We already have a bet . Just make sure to pay up when we win . "