Chapter 111

Ed put up his guard after noticing the change in this floor . Ed had been killing nonstop lately . But, an even larger number of monsters was strolling around . Ed also noticed that they were more aggressive than usual . Any monster that noticed Ed would attack him immediately . Usually, they would take their time, but now they seemed impatient . Monsters being highly active usually meant one of two things . The tower was supplying them with a higher amount of QI increasing their abilities . Or the boss monster was out .

Ed didn't notice this situation before in earlier floors . The monsters weren't strong enough to pose a challenge . But, on this floor, their number and their cultivation level meant a dangerous outcome . This was also one of the reasons why people from the Central Government would go as far as hiring a person with a high cultivation to kill boss monsters . If they are left alone, it would spell trouble for lower leveled cultivators .

Ed got Raikou to enter his shadow while he recalled Suika and the others . If the boss monster had indeed appeared, then he needed to find it quickly . In order to do so, he was going to run around the floor in high-speed movement .

Many monsters tried to block Ed when they notice him moving around . Some of them ran behind him at full strength while others actually threw themselves in front of him . Ed didn't pay attention to any of them; he activated Ren and ran at full power . Be it trees or monsters, whatever was in front of him was thrown away . Even Wraiths, who could fly, weren't spared . They were almost crushed by the sheer amount of the wind that surrounded Ed as he was running .

Suddenly, while running, Ed crossed paths with a frightening aura . He felt it as he clearly was using Nen which made him extra sensitive to auras . As soon as Ed registered the aura, he was filled with fear . This wasn't because of its strength or anything; it was simply due to the nature of the aura . Ed could only describe as a massive accumulation of the hate and regrets of people . A mere fraction of a second made Ed remember the worst moments of his life . Especially the most recent one .

Ed was now sure that the boss monster had spawned . No normal monster would make him experience this . He was also sure that the monster this time was far more dangerous than anyone he had met before . Even the killing intent of the mysterious man that appeared after the tournament at the academy seemed incomparable to this one . 'Their cultivation should be far apart from each other, so why?' . Ed thought while moving towards the origin of the aura . He had no choice but to kill the floor boss in order to move ahead .

While following the trail of the aura, Ed noticed that the area he stumbled upon hasn't been in his Map until now . It was as if it appeared exactly this night . 'Perhaps the boss appears only during a blood moon night,' Ed thought while looking at the sinister moon in the sky .

The area where Ed was didn't help with the mood either . He was now inside a cemetery, with tombstones scattered around . 'Who put these tombstones here? And why...'Ed was wondering about the reason for the existence of these tombstones . If someone lost their comrades in this place, it would be obvious to carry their bodies in a spatial ring . Then, give them a proper burial after leaving the tower . There was no reason why they would bury them in a place where undead roamed around . Especially since this place seemed like the area of the boss .

After walking for a little longer, Ed was now in an open space . He could see a cloaked figure standing in the middle while facing the other way . Ed approached carefully as he could confirm that the aura belonged to the figure . After only a dozen or so meters were left between Ed and the figure, it spoke . "Welcome," A crackling voice sounded and echoed in the area . It seemed to be a voice that didn't belong to this world, or rather, shouldn't belong . Every time Ed heard the echo, his body hair would stand up in fear .

'It can speak...' This fact alone spelled trouble for Ed . Monsters that could converse would usually have an advanced cultivation and intelligence . It was also the first time Ed was able to meet one that belonged to this category of monsters . The figure turned around slowly to meet Ed . After looking at it, Ed could identify its species . It looked like a skeleton that was yet to lose its skin . Yet its nose was missing and its eyes were replaced with a red glow . It was similar to a mummy without the distinct bandages . Its red cloak gave it an even more menacing feeling .

Ed had to make sure of the true nature of the monsters, so he scanned it .

Name Elder Lich .

Cultivation: Heavenly Establishment level 1 .

'As expected...' Ed could feel cold sweat rolling down his back . Although the monster was only level 1, this was enough to strike fear in the heart of many . Especially since the system confirmed that its rank was Legendary . This meant that its abilities would be able to outclass any monster that was Earth Establishment level 10 by a lot . The gap between those two levels was not easy to overcome . This was evident as even Raikou couldn't easily attain such a level . Ed was able to achieve cross-ranking kills before, but he wasn't as confident this time . The monster was too imposing .

"You've come to advance to the next floor, right?" Ed's train of thought was interrupted by the frightening voice of the Elder Lich . "First you have to defeat me," The Elder Lich released its QI and Ed immediately withdrew his Katanas . He also summoned Suika and the others . Raikou got out of Ed's shadow and looked tense . Much more compared to the time when they fought the Kyuubi . "First let's warm you up" The Elder Lich spoke and seemed to use some kind of magic .

Ed put his guard up and suddenly noticed that undead monsters were appearing one after the other . They weren't walking here; instead, they appeared out of thin air . "Be sure not to disappoint me . " The Elder Lich spoke like a classical villain . While the undead monsters were approaching Ed and the others .