Chapter 93

Ed didn't panic after noticing the monsters . Instead, he withdrew his Katanas and took a stance to attack . "Raikou" Ed returned Suika to her card form while calling Raikou . The latter understood that Ed was going to use an AOE skill to kill all the monsters . They weren't particularly strong, but there were a lot of them .

"Fire Tornado!" Ed spun around while slashing with his swords . The monsters were caught up inside the tornado . Seemingly unstoppable, it kept killing them one after the other . Soon enough, all monsters were on the ground .

Raikou got back out, and Ed summoned Suika . He didn't bother to store the monsters' bodies . They were too mutilated to be worth something . Ed activated his Map . It would usually give him a general idea of the structure of the area where he is . The floor this time was like an ant hive . Many rooms were joined together . What's more, the floor was brimming with monsters .

The challenge on this floor wasn't the strength of the monsters, but the number . Each room had hundreds of Knight Establishment monsters . Ed knew that if an inexperienced person were to enter, they would suffer greatly . Ed only asked for the information on how to get to the tower from Leonard . He wanted to conquer on his own, without help . No one would guarantee that he would always have a good understanding of his opponents .

On top of that, Ed also chose this place because he wanted to train a certain skill . He still didn't acquire it, but he had the prerequisite for it . Ed asked the system about the ability to learn skills on his own . The answer was favorable . Ed wouldn't have to rely on the Gacha to learn skills . But he couldn't learn skills that were too specific . For example, he would have never been able to acquire the Sharingan on his own . This automatically excluded race skills such as Super Saiyan abilities .

"They should be good enough" Ed stopped in front of one of the rooms . Inside the room, monsters that looked like Golems stood there . However, these ones weren't the usual type . Instead, they were too diverse . Some of them were holding swords, looking slim . Others had a big frame . Each one of them was specialized in speed, power, or defense .

Ed chose these monsters specifically for his skill training . He was trying to train his Haki . He already got a general idea for training it . Haki is split into three types . Two of them could be trained by anyone, while the last type is very rare . The first type is Armament Haki . This type lets people use their spirit as an armor . Allowing them to block attacks to a certain degree, while also serving as a good offense . This type enables the user to hurt intangible opponents . Even if they were made from fire or lightning, they would be powerless in front of this Haki .

The second type is observation Haki . This type allows people to feel the presence of others even when they couldn't be seen . This one was similar to En, but Ed knew that it was much more useful . It doesn't drain the person as much . It also allows them to feel the intention of others, making it easier to predict and dodge their attacks . If it is trained enough, it could even let the user 'see' a few seconds if the future .

The last and most important type is the Conqueror's Haki . Ed wanted to acquire this type the most . It allows people to overpower others through their spirit . Those who are too weak would not be able to keep their conscious in case it is used . Ed was bound to fight a was a war against the Blood sect . And wars are fought in great numbers . If he could reduce his enemies' numbers, it would be worth it . It is also said that whoever can use such Haki has the disposition of a king .

Ed entered the room with a blindfold . He was going to train the second type of Haki . The first one was already like Ken . Ed would be able to use it as soon as he can condense his spirit into an armor . The Observation Haki was also similar to En and Seikuken, but also inherently different . It couldn't only sense the presence of other also their feelings and thoughts .

Ed used a short teleport to the middle of the monster horde . There were more than 100 monsters who quickly pounced on Ed . The fast ones took less than a second to reach him . Ed was used to fighting monsters, so his instincts kicked in allowing him to dodge them . He suppressed them and tried to train properly . Raikou and Suika were on standby by Ed's orders . They would intervene if they felt like Ed was in danger, but it seemed like they didn't have to worry . The monsters were far weaker than Ed . Making them unable to harm him .

Ed spent almost two hours in this state . As an Enhancer, his durability, stamina, and defense were much higher compared to others . The monsters simply couldn't keep up . Most of the Golems' arms or swords were crumbling by now . Ed knew that this was their limit, so he simply killed them . In one sword slash .

He took his blindfold off and walked to the entrance of the room . He felt like he only made a little improvement . He knew it wasn't simple to be able to use Haki naturally . But, he still felt annoyed . It was one of his bad habits since he got many skills already at a high level .

"I'll do the same in a few more rooms, then we'll look for the floor boss . " Ed had one advantage . The monsters' numbers were almost unlimited . The tower would keep generating monsters at a speed far greater than the speed they are killed by . This gave Ed the chance to train as much as he wants . He opened his Map and marked the most populated rooms in his mind . He had to check the type of monsters as well . He wanted to try monsters like Golems who were automated since it means that their thoughts are almost nonexistent . Thus, letting him train his Haki much more efficiently .