Chapter 137

'Welcome back!' Ed smiled on the inside as his partner finally got back . He looked at the bandits and thought about using magic to blow this place up . But, after looking at the slaves he gave that thought up . There was also the possibility of the bandits seeking revenge and coming to the village early . That would interrupt his reunion with the system .

Ed teleported outside the base, and then to the entrance of the village . There was another state of commotion . Ed left as soon as the bandit did, so he didn't know . Most people don't manage to gather enough points until the last day . And, since the last day is today, they were panicking . 'Procrastinators . ' Ed thought to himself and entered his room in the inn . He opened up a pocket dimension and entered .

[Let your monsters out . ] The system told him as soon as they were inside the dimension . Ed did what he was told, and summoned his companions . Raikou was there as well after getting out of his shadow .

"what is this abo-" Before Ed could finish, all of them had a burst in power . Ed was surprised and checked their stats . Everyone one of them was now at Heavenly Establishment level 5 .

[Since host will keep getting stronger, and keep getting companions . It was decided to make them a uniformed cultivation . This way you wouldn't have to keep check of their power-ups . Now, every time you advance a level, they will as well . ] The system's words were like music to Ed's ears . Although the difference was only three ranks, all of his monsters were now that strong . It definitely meant a big improvement .

[Next up is Gacha function . The host has both the Blacksmithing and Pharmaceutical skills, at Legendary grade . The weapon and armor Gacha became obsolete due to this . So those two will be removed and instead replaced by a Material Gacha . ] Ed was keeping check of what he was told . These improvements concerned him and not someone else, so he had to keep his attention .

[Lastly, for the Gacha tickets . The tickets can now be exchanged for a higher grade . One Gacha ticket is a guaranteed common item; two can be exchanged to guarantee Uncommon . Three for rare, five for Epic, and ten for Legendary . For Mythical and Supreme you need 25 and 50 tickets respectively . ]

Ed was glad that he gathered twenty tickets . This meant that he would be able to draw at least two Legendary cards . He wanted to use the tickets immediately, but he had the bandits to prepare for . Ed also had a question to ask the system . He told him about his encounter with Johan .

"He should be related to them, right?"

[Yes, that's how the Map works . ] The system gave Ed the answer he was expecting . Ed was now even more confused as to why Johan treated him so indifferently . 'It doesn't matter . ' Ed stopped thinking about it and started preparing for the bandits . He was worried about the Leader of the bandits being strong . But, now that his companions leveled up, he didn't care anymore .

"System, can the Transformation cards do specific conditions?" Ed asked .

[As long as it's simple]

'Great . ' Ed smiled as he withdrew three of them . He transformed into one of the thugs he beat on Port city back on his continent . He recalled his companions and teleported out . Upon meeting someone, he started panting and screaming . "The Bandits want to kill us all!!" his shout attracted everyone's attention . The condition he set on the Transformation card was bloody beat up body . Usually; people wouldn't believe someone so easily . But, looking at him they had no choice .

"What do you mean?!" a flustered middle-aged man asked . He was afraid for his life .

"What do YOU mean?! They attacked me and my friends saying today is our last day here! We ran away hoping to let everyone know! Now, I don't even know where my friends are!" Ed quickly told them his lie . He spent the whole night doing this and transformed two more times . By morning, people were panicking and some of them tried to use the teleportation circle . Quickly, however, they overheated it and now it needed a week to start working again .

People now were on edge . Fear took over their rationality and made them go berserk .

"They're here!" one of the men shouted on top of the wall . Not all bandits came as only a group of them usually did this job . Before they could enter the village, arrows rained on top of them along with magic and spears . The bandits were stunned at the sudden development and had no choice but to run away .

'Phase one successful . ' Ed, who transformed into his black disguise set, smiled . He wasn't stupid to fight over 100 Heavenly Establishment people . Instead, he used those that he could, the ones in the village .

The Bandits now came over with their Leader in the front . "What does this mean?!" He shouted on top of his lungs . He was in control for so many years, but now people were revolting . It didn't make any sense .

"Why do you want to kill us?!" another villager screamed at him .

"Because you attacked my grunts!"

"They attacked us first!" By now, Ed's plan was in full effect . However, even he wasn't heartless enough to involve those who were innocent . Those represented by a blue dot were under Ed's surveillance, while he didn't care about others . It was his selfishness and he didn't care about what others thought .

Soon, both parties started fighting while Ed secretly summoned his companions . "Sieg, Raikou take care of the leaders . Suika and the others, you can kill bandits, but make sure that these people don't die . " He showed them those who were blue dots and all of them rushed away . Ed was killing bandits very swiftly . No one managed to catch a glimpse of his due to his speed and the chaos that took place near the entrance . Same was for his companions . Only Raikou stood out, but since some people were using monsters as well, he was ignored . Ed finally met someone who was a monster tamer .