Chapter 116

Ed approached the Lich who seemed like he would disappear at any moment . Contrary to what Ed thought, the attacks from Raikou and the other did quite the damage to him . Before he reached the Lich, he started a conversation with his system .

'If I perform a soul contract, will I be able to take him out of the tower?' Ed told the system as he was looking at the Lich . He wasn't planning to do anything before confirming all the possibilities .

[Even if you use a soul contract, it would be impossible to leave the tower . Monsters from this tower are bound it to it, and can't leave] The system told Ed that such a possibility wasn't valid . Ed, however, didn't lose hope . He was familiar with the system and he knew there was he could do .

'But?' Ed asked the system . His eyes always glued to the Lich .

[If he makes a connection with me things will be different!] Ed could imagine the system with a smug smile on his face . Of course, his system would be able to challenge the world's logic . It was a fantasy system after all!

'How can he connect to you?' Ed asked the system since he would have to explain to the Elder Lich .

[You can do the same thing as the soul contact and I will take care of it from there] . Hearing the system, Ed didn't delay anymore and stood directly in front of the Lich .

"I will only ask one thing . Will you trust me with your life? Your freedom?" Ed spoke without any hesitation . It was a summary of what the relationship between them would be . One of trust .

"I never had a life nor a freedom in this tower . I have no qualms about anything you would do . " After getting the confirmation, Ed placed his hand on top of the dying Lich . Similar to what happened with Raikou, a blinding light surrounded Ed and the Lich . After it receded, Ed was the only one who was standing there .

"So what happened?" Without panicking, he asked the system .

[I transformed the Lich into a card . I couldn't simply take him away from the tower, so I severed his connection to it . However, as monsters are closely tied to this tower I had no choice but to turn him into a card . Otherwise, he would simply disappear] . Ed checked his Inventory, and indeed the Elder Lich's card was there . Immediately, he crushed it and a perfect looking Elder Lich stood in front of him . Performing a soul contract would usually heal both parties from most of their damage .

"Welcome to the party!" Ed spoke to the Elder Lich while smiling .

"I feel light . " The Lich could only say that while looking at his hands . It looked as if a giant boulder was lifted off of him .

"Since I named all of my monsters, would you like me to do the same?" Ed didn't want to keep calling someone who had become his companion by his race name .

"You're my master now . I can only follow your commands . " The Lich spoke as if he was a knight rather than an undead .

"Alright, then you will be called-" . Before Ed could finish speaking, the teleportation light surrounded all of them .

"I felt something different, so it was the delayed teleportation" . Ed thought loudly while looking at the new floor . He was in the middle of a jungle . One that seemed to be spread over thousands of meters .

'Why did the teleportation take so long?' Ed asked his system .

[The tower finally registered that the Lich was 'defeated' . Just according to the plan] Now Ed imagined the system with an evil smile .

'What plan?' Ed was curious about what the system did .

[I don't know if the tower is manmade or not, but in case it is whoever owned the Lich wouldn't like it if we took him . In order to avoid us being detected, I made it seem like an error in the tower . Think of it as if a virus hit a computer (tower) and deleted some stuff . After disappearing no one will be able to detect the virus . ] Ed could only feel pride . His system was so useful, it was unbelievable .

"Well then . We might have been delayed but once again, your name will be Siegfried . A hero who defeated a Legendary dragon, bathed in its blood and ate its heart to gain immortality . " Ed knew that Liches usually yearned for immortality, so he chose this name specifically .

"A hero, huh . Hahahaha, to think one day I would be compared to a hero . Thank you for the wonderful name master!" The Lich, no Siegfried seemed genuinely happy about his new name . Ed smiled while looking at this scene, and activated his EMS . He opened up a portal dimension and got everyone to go inside .

"This is?" Siegfried seemed surprised by Ed's ocular skill .

"It's an ability to create a special dimension . One where I could control however I want . " Ed explained to him a little more about his power . After finishing, he started cooking something to eat . He wanted to eat and rest .

"There is no need . I can sustain myself without eating anything . " Sieg was surprised to see Ed giving him his own share . Undead didn't need to eat anything . As long as they had QI they would be able to stay alive . If they run out of QI, they could absorb it from the surroundings .

"Suika, Gobuta, Goburou, and Garu all don't need to eat but they still do . You can think of it as my selfishness . " Seeing that Ed wasn't backing down, Sieg accepted reluctantly . At the same time, he felt warmth in the heart that never beat since the start of its existence . No one had treated an undead the same way Ed did . This was proof that Ed truly didn't care about a person's race, appearance or their past doings . As long as they were his comrades, he would do anything to protect them .

"By the way master . After the contract I found myself in a while dimension, what was that about?" Ed stared at him in confusion for a while before he understood . He was talking about his card form . 'So they stay in a white dimension . ' Ed thought while looking at Suika and the others . Since they couldn't talk, he never knew how their card forms operated . 'I guess it was the right decision to have them out of their forms as much as possible . ' Ed thought to himself .

"You can think of it as another one of my powers . " Ed didn't explain to him about the system . But one day he will .

After eating, Ed created a couple of beds for everyone and slept . Tomorrow, another hunting trip would begin .