Chapter 143

Ed went through the same procedure he had done with Sieg . After the system finished, the Angel disappeared and Ed found a new card in his Inventory . Crushing the card, the Angel reappeared once again . However this time her cultivation dropped to Heavenly Establishment level 7 . This was due to the system's new monster function . Unfortunately, it lowered her level unlike in the others' case .

The Angel looked around at her body and wings and then gazed upon Ed . "Nothing changed . " Apparently, she was expecting some grand ceremony to happen once she was free from the tower .

"Well sorry, abou-" Before finishing, a light surrounded them all and they teleported .

Ed finally reached the last floor of the tower . Unlike what he expected, it was a large ring arena . It looked like it spanned at least 20km in diameter, giving a lot of freedom to the challengers, and boss alike .

'Will this be a one boss challenge?' Ed wondered as he strolled around the ring . He had his guard up in case of some traps .

"Edward!!" The Angel's voice sounded urgent, which caused Ed's heart to leap . In fact, everyone was startled and approached her in a hurry . She was at the edge of the ring waving at them .

"What's wrong?!" Worry could be heard from Ed's voice . Although he could see she was alright, he still worried about her . She was a new companion, a very new one, but it didn't change the fact that she is his companion .

"The ring is flying in the air!" She played with her wings excitedly while looking outside . Ed also took a look and noticed that they were indeed flying . In fact, flying is a wrong word . They were suspended in the air . The ring was unmoving, and nothing could enter or leave it . Ed noticed that there was no creature outside the ring, so no one would enter . But, when attempting to leave, he found a barrier surrounding the place .

"Isn't it cool?!" The Angel was still in high spirits . Ed asked her about her reason for being so jolly, and it turns out that she never left the Acropolis . Her routine was simply to spawn and fight . She was a blank slate in everything other than that, much similar to Sieg, but actually a little worse since Sieg at least had the undead keeping him company .

"You...Oh, by the way, you don't have a name do you?" Ed's words attracted her attention, and she flew down towards him . She shook her head a few times in agreement with his words .

"Then how about Merry?" Ed asked her, but he knew she would accept . The name is one that describes her personality very well .

"Merry...I like it!" She flew around in circles, repeating her name as if she was afraid of forgetting it .

"My liege," Sieg didn't change the way he addressed Ed this time . When Ed looked toward him, he pointed at a magic circle . 'That's the boss . ' Ed and the others got ready for combat . Even Agumon digivolved into MetalGreymon in preparation . After a couple of seconds, smoke came out of the circle, indicating a grand entrance .

"What the hell is that?!!" Ed was surprised by what came out of the smoke . A 1 . 6-meter tall humanoid figure stood there looking at them .

A squeak came out as the figure drew a rapier . The figure looked like a rabbit, with long ears, buck teeth, and a fluffy tail . On top of that, its clothes consisted of a large hat, with bunny ear holes, that had a feather plume . A black tabard with a white Fleur-de-lis design on both sides . A white undershirt, and leather pants, shoes, and gloves . 'A bunny musketeer? Bunnyketeer?' Ed thought to himself .

The Bunnyketeer approached them at high speed . The rapier in front of its face, as if indicating the start of a duel to the death . Its speed was very impressive . That is until, "Eh? Raikou?!" Ed noticed that Raikou's eyes shone as if a hunter found its prey . The next instant, He was already behind the bunny as he clad himself in lightning . The next thing that happened shocked everyone . Raikou who was behind the bunny...snapped its neck killing it instantly .

'...' Everyone, including Raikou, had a blank look on their face . "What the hell is wrong with the Bunnyketeer?!" Ed shouted in disappointment . He thought that the bunny was a strong challenger, but instead, it was very weak .

"Bunnyketeer?" Merry heard what Ed said, and started laughing loudly . 'Oh no!' Ed noticed everyone's looks and started feeling embarrassed . They all started teasing Ed about his naming sense .

"By the way Raikou, what's the boss we killed on the first floor?" Ed changed the subject to something that mattered more . He noticed that the bunny was weak; it was definitely not the twelfth floor's boss . He had a hard time remembering the first floor boss due to its weakness .

"Big Bunny Suu ~~" Suika answered instead of Raikou .

"Perhaps, the last floor is a re-challenge of all the floor bosses . " Ed thought of a possibility, and his hopes and expectations soared . The boss that they killed right now was not the one they met on the first floor . But this didn't mean they wouldn't meet those that they killed . In such a case, they still had a chance of encountering Mehen .

The interval between boss spawns turned out to be the same as the other floors . It took a week for the second boss to appear before them . It the three golems again, and were dispatched easily . Ed was now inside the tower for eight months . By the time he kills the last boss, he would still have enough time to return to Avalon kingdom .

Ed spent the week in between training and resting . He would train for two days straight inside his dimension, and rest for one normal day . He was now focusing on his Telekinesis which was at level one . He could barely move one thing on the first day, but as time continued he started improving . Ed felt that the skill was similar to a rope made by thousands upon thousands of threads . The more he trains, the more threads are untangled, enabling him to control more things .

Ed also didn't forget to cook food for everyone . Especially Merry whose first time tasting food was at Ed's hands . She was even more excited compared to the time when she noticed the flying ring . Ed was thinking about making some desert, but he lacked the ingredients . He could only make them after he gets out of the tower .

Weeks went by, and Ed continued to kill bosses . They encountered the Kyuubi again, which lost its previous threatening aura in front of Ed's group . The floor boss in place of Sieg was a six-meter tall zombie/ghoul hybrid which had devastating attack power .

Since the eighth-floor boss was defeated, a week passed and the ninth floor boss was spawning . Ed could only look in anticipation, hoping that is would be Mehen .