Chapter 174

Ed and Garu returned as the sun started shining in the sky . They had managed to clear out all the posts they had intended to destroy . Ed also spent most of his time preparing for the second assault of the night . Once they returned, Ed created a dimension where both of them slept until they had their fill . Arthur made sure no one would bother Ed in his room, as he was the only one who knew what he was doing in the night . He also knew how tired he would be when he returned .

Once Ed and Garu woke up, they had to take a bath . The slaughter they caused made them full of blood from head to toe . They didn't bother to clean up as they slept straight away, but when Ed woke up he felt disgusted by yesterday's him . He also cleaned off the two disguise sets, as the white one was no longer white . Garu transformed back into his Lycan form, which suited him best . Ed left to search for Dorothy in the kitchen to ask for something .

"Dorothy, do we have any cheese?" He spoke while entering the kitchen, where he caught the presence of someone that couldn't be seen . Even without using the Map, he was able to tell who it was .

"We should have some left, let me get it . " She went into another room as Ed followed her . The presence he felt followed them as well . The room was very cool, and many things were preserved inside of it . It was like a large fridge .

"We only have these two left . " Dorothy brought out two wheels of cheese . Ed frowned as he looked at them . They weren't enough for what he was planning .

"Don't use them up . I need them . I'll also be leaving to get some more . " Ed planned to leave the country for the day in order to buy some more cheese if he didn't find it in the market .

Right before Ed left, he turned around and said, "By the way Dorothy . Do you ever feel like something goes missing in the kitchen? All of a sudden, it's gone?" Once Ed finished speaking, he noticed that the presence was getting closer and closer to the door as if trying to leave .

"I do! In fact so much that I'm starting to doubt my sanity!" Dorothy looked happy that Ed pointed it out . She was worried that she was going senile too early .

"Well, you don't have to worry . This one is the culprit!" Ed quickly thrust his hand and caught something .

"Eeep! I won't do it again Edward forgive me!" A pair of wings appeared and then followed by a body . Ed had a blank look on his face after looking at Merry . She started using her new invisibility powers to steal dishes from the kitchen, which driving Dorothy mad .

"So it was you?!" Dorothy caught a rolling pin and started running after Merry who was released by Ed . Ed stood there with that same blank look for a while before leaving .

Ed made his way to Arthur's office to let him know of his plans for the day . He got his permission after Arthur asked him if he would be doing anything dangerous . But, since Ed was simply looking for some ingredients, Arthur was relieved and let him go .

"By the way, I don't see the rowdy bunch today . Where are they?" The rowdy bunch was referring to Ellie, Gobuta, and Bella . They were the ones that caused the most ruckus around the palace .

"They're all training . Bella and Becky asked Gobuta and Goburou to train them . Ellie and Emilia are sparring together .

Ed was surprised that Bella and Becky took the initiative to ask for training . He was planning to ask Gobuta and Goburou to train them afterward, but it seems like everything worked out fine . He also remembered that he had yet to fix Emilia's rapier . It wasn't that he wasn't capable of doing it, but he wanted to make it even better . He was waiting to get some materials first .

Ed turned up at the marker near the old man's shop .

"Hey!" He greeted the old man who was stunned . He figured out Ed's identity last time he visited, so his attitude towards him changed slightly .

"Maste-" Before the old man could finish Ed stopped him .

"I'm just a customer trying to become a regular . And now, I want to ask you something . "

"Certainly! Anything!" The old man seemed eager to help Ed .

"I want to know where I can buy cheese . Good quality one . " Ed figured that the best way to get cheese is to ask someone managing a food store . What better choice than one he was acquainted with?

"Certainly! Follow me I know just the guy . Although he doesn't usually sell cheese, he won't say no to me . " The old man closed the shop much to Ed's objection .

Both of them walked a while until they reached one of the houses in the commoners' district . The old man knocked hard on the door, scaring Ed next to him .

"Audun! It's me, Bard, come out!" Ed finally found out about the name of the old man . The names were not familiar in Avalon, which meant that both of them came from another region .

Footstep could be heard getting closer to the door . The door opened and an old man, as old as Bard came out . They were both very similar with blue eyes and golden hair that didn't turn grey . Although their faces were wrinkly, they both seemed very full of energy .

"What do you want? And who are you?" Audun looked at both of them in succession while asking his question .

"Don't talk like that . We're both comrades that shed blood together, so be a little more hospitable . " Bard told him while making his way inside . "Come, Edward, we'll take the cheese . " He looked at Ed and beckoned him to follow him . Both Ed and Audun looked stunned at the shamelessness of Bard .

"So you're after my cheese..." Audun now knew about the reason of the sudden visit of Bard and Ed . He liked cheese, so he made a lot of it . All three of them headed into a cellar that was full of the smell of cheese . Audun 'really' liked cheese .

"Take all you want!" Bard acted as if it was his cheese . Audun looked at him in anger and spoke, "What do you mean 'take all you want'?! That's my cheese you're talking about!"

"Don't be a cheapskate! This cheese will probably become moldy before you can eat all! Just consider it the monthly quota that I take!" Bard seemed like he took the cheese on a regular basis .

"I won't give it to a kid who would waste it!" Audun looked at Ed as if asking what he was going to do with his prized cheese . Ed understood his intention and started explaining .

"If you want to know where your cheese will be going, you can come at dawn to the castle . I need help anyway, and you two seem to be just what I need . "

Audun registered what Ed said about the castle, and it dawned upon him that he was talking to the prince . Still, his attitude didn't change much . "I'll be sure to wake up at dawn!"

Ed got five wheels from Audun, who still seemed reluctant . Bard asked him if he was sure about them coming to the castle, but Ed assured him that there would be no problem .