Chapter 59

Ed recalled Suika and summoned the three monsters . He also got Raikou to pay attention to him .

"Although this wouldn't be necessary, I'll be explaining the main abilities of Nen, the power you just got" Ed talked while he was moving towards the center of the room .

"First of all is Ten" As soon as Ed finished speaking, an aura that looked as gentle as the flame of a candle had surrounded Ed's body and flowed peacefully . "Ten is the most basic ability of Nen, it allows you to defend against emotional attacks as well as some physical ones . Although QI infused attacks would probably break it easily...We'll talk about it later" Suddenly Ed recalled his aura .

"This state is called Zetsu . All of you were able to subconsciously use it earlier . This allows you to hide the aura of your body by closing all nodes . It can be used with Ten to achieve some more spectacular results which we'll also discuss in another time . " Ed was doing his best trying to remember the proper explanations necessary for the basic Nen abilities . "Oh right . You can easily hide your presence in this state, but strong and perceptive people can still notice you, so be careful . "

"Next is Ren . " Ed's aura this time looked like a raging fire compared to his state earlier when using Ten . "In this state, you can achieve a great deal of additional physical strength while also maintaining an equally impressive defense . However, you'll be doing it at the expense of your energy . This state can also be used to intimidate others by infusing some killing intent . It's a good way to handle mobs of weaker monsters so keep it in mind . " After explaining the three of the basic abilities, Ed still had one more .

"The last ability is called Hatsu . I cannot show you an example since this ability is unique to everyone . You can say each of your personalities would affect what type of Hatsu you produce . However, when coming up with your own special ability, I want you to remember the Nen type that you belong to and base it around that . " After doing his best to explain, Ed summoned Suika and repeated the explanation once again . He then summoned Gobuta and Goburou to make them train alongside him and Suika .

"For now, I want you to use Ren for the longest possible . After you get tired, I'll let you rest for as much time as you lasted and you'll continue afterward" Ed devised a training program for him and his companions . Every one of them started and invoked Ren . The room which was the pride of the academy looked as if it couldn't handle the amount of aura being used inside it . 'Looks like we'll have to be extra careful' Ed simply shrugged it off and continued his training . After about half an hour, Gobuta, Goburou and Suika lost their entire aura .

Ed recalled Gobuta and summoned Garu and explained the same thing to him . Ed himself lasted about 45 minutes before hitting the ground while Raikou lasted for an hour . Around that time Garu was also exhausted so he recalled him and got the three who had relaxed to continue again .

Ed continued this process for about four hours before feeling like he could not move at all . He decided it was time to end the training and got to the kitchen . All of them had spent a great deal of energy and needed to replenish it . Ed cooked as much as he could and all of them ate everything . Only after eating could Ed feel like he was actually alive .

All of them took a bath once more since they had sweated a great deal in their training . After the bath, Ed hit the bed and fell asleep as soon as his head touched the pillow, his last thoughts were if he could wake up in time tomorrow .

The next morning, Ed woke up feeling refreshed instead of feeling groggy . Suika got up as well while Raikou seemed like he wanted to sleep in . Ed didn't want to bother him so he quickly left to head for the restaurant to get some breakfast . He also left some food for Raikou .

Ed and Suika met up with Ellie on the way to the restaurant .

"Both of you look as if you are stronger than before..." Ellie sent some questioning looks at Ed and Suika . It seems that she noticed the effects of Nen even when they were using Zetsu . Ed's eyes twitched a little while Suika looked as if she had small beads of sweat rolling down .

"We trained and cultivated a lot yesterday" Ed mixed lies with some truth and eluded her while walking, which made him remember some stuff .

'System if I recall correctly, Enhancers are supposed to have a straightforward personality and didn't lie at all . ' Ed remembered a personality test related to Nen and had some questions about it .

[That is not necessarily true . That is only a basic categorization for it and it can be changed . Special cases always exist in the world . ]

The system explained to Ed how such characterization of Nen shouldn't be taken at face value . Everything was deeper than it looked . 'That is kind of true . Netero did seem like a sly fellow even though he was an Enhancer...' Ed thought while walking . 'But Suika is charismatic and people tend to like her which is a sign of a specialist...' Ed was now sure that what the system had said was true, nothing is absolute .

In the restaurant, he met up with Emilia and Hayato . He looked around for Leon and Stephanie but didn't seem to locate any of them this time . The five of them each ordered their breakfast and waited at a table . Suddenly, someone approached Ed and his friends . Ed didn't feel any maliciousness from them so he simply waited without making any sudden moves .

"Sir Ed, we have a favor to ask of you . ' The one who spoke was Ed's classmate . All the people who had approached Ed's table belonged to E class . Ed suddenly felt like he would have a very bothersome day in the academy .

"Sure, let me hear what you have to say . " Ed couldn't send them away so he had no choice but to listen to them .