Chapter 194

The armies walked in sync for a day before setting camp . They had one more day to prepare for the invading army, and then the war would start . Ed chose not to teleport such a huge number of people, as it would have sapped all his KI without leaving a single drop .

Soldiers started preparing tents where they could rest, while all the important figures set their own huge tent . Inside of it, all of those with a significant cultivation level stood inside . Arthur was chosen as the supreme commander of the coalition army, while the other kings acted as the respective generals of their armies . Currently, the distribution of army forces was being discussed .

"All the kings will have to wait with me in here . The commanders will need to lead the armies and will have the help of two lieutenants . The armies will be split into three, with the main one having 100 . 000 soldiers, and two more with 50 . 000 each . Hayato, as most of the soldiers in the main army will be from your kingdom, you'll be the commander . Leonard and Dean, you two will take care of the right and left armies respectively . "

Arthur started delegating roles according to the knowledge he had . Dean referred to the general of Scale kingdom, and he seemed eager to prove himself after his blunder . Hayato, although young, seemed capable of leading such a huge army . Of course, he wouldn't need to do it alone . Arthur started delegating lieutenants to help the commanders of the armies .

Bard and Audun joined Hayato's army as his two lieutenants . Their experience with war proved to be valuable and would plug any holes Hayato's inexperience could create . Edmund and the general of Avalez joined Leonard . Titan and Kaebor's generals joined Dean . Some of the younger generations were split up over the three armies . Ellie, Alicia, and Emilia joined Leonard, Leon and Liz went to Dean's, and Charlie, Griffin, and Eric were put under Hayato's command . No one commented about working under Hayato who seemed too young to lead an army . Their supreme commander let out his thoughts and they would not refute them .

However, even if they respected Arthur's decisions, one thing remained inexplicable to them . Ed and his monsters, arguably the ones that could change the whole flow of the war, didn't join any of the armies . Arthur noticed this and commented immediately .

"Ed and his companions would remain as an independent unit . They are given the right to join any army at any time to provide support . " No one seemed to understand the reason behind this . Only the ones that spoke to Ed back in Avalon looked different . As if they couldn't accept what Ed would do .

"That is all . We will discuss things further the next morning, for now, get some rest . " Arthur dismissed everyone, and instead of resting he started reviewing things even further . Which army needed the most war horses, which ones would need weapons, so on and so forth . Blood didn't plan on exhausting their entire forces in this war . They came to this continent with the intention of conquering it . So, they needed to preserve their strength to fight some of the remaining kingdoms . Defeating the coalition army would be 80% of their job done, but they couldn't forget about the 20% that remained .

"I guess this is the end for us hahaha!" Among the group of soldiers, many were talking to pass time . Some stayed in a state of meditation, some looked at the sky, and some slept . They did not have much hope of winning this war .

"You've always wanted to die in a blaze of glory in the wilderness instead of inside a house, surrounded by walls . " A man, seemingly the friend of the first one, answered him . The two of them looked like polar opposites . The first one was fat and big, while the second one looked weak and skinny .

"That's right! There is nothing better in dying in the freedom of the wild . Being confined inside a house and dying without even looking at the sky is a shame!"

The group of soldiers kept talking amongst themselves . Though they were nervous, afraid, and hopeless, not one of them had the idea of deserting .

"I'll have to rely on you two, Sieg, Raikou . " Inside his own tent, Ed set up a dimension and discussed his plans once again with his companions . None of them said anything . They only nodded and moved on .

Nighttime caught up with them, and even though 200 . 000 stayed in the same area, one could hear crickets . People struggled to sleep, but they needed to so they could prepare for tomorrow .

Morning came, and the commanders introduced themselves to the armies . The armies got deployed the way Arthur decided and they stood still, waiting for the enemy . One figure stood in front of all the armies and army commanders .

Ed activated his En and sent it in one straight line . By concentrating his En this way, he managed to extend its reach to thousands of meters . He maintained for a couple of hours until he finally picked up on something . He turned around and nodded, not knowing if anyone even saw him . But, they did . The army commanders and kings back at their camp understood that this meant the enemy had appeared .

"The enemies have come!" Leonard and Dean shouted, and were followed by Hayato . The soldiers couldn't see the enemies, but they felt the change in the atmosphere .

Soon enough, a giant cloud of dust appeared on the horizon . After a little bit of time passed, they could hear the footsteps of the giant army . The footsteps seemed like thunder striking in the ears of the soldiers . Their hearts beat harder, and they could feel their body heat increase . Once they started seeing the army, they felt like they saw a black sea . The human soldiers covered the entire wasteland where they came from . Beasts started howling and soldiers started shouting . Faced with this, the armies of the coalition started trembling . Those with a weak will couldn't keep themselves together, but those strong enough seemed right at home .

The enemy army stopped and spanned the entire area in front of Ed . It looked like they were split into five gigantic armies of 200 . 000 humans and monsters . Each one of their armies totaled the entirety of the coalition .

One horseman detached himself from the enemy army and approached Ed . Once he stood face to face with him, he started speaking .

"Surrender, or die . " The man pointed his spear at Ed as if threatening him .

"We refuse," said Ed .

"Then die . " The man tried to impale Ed with his spear, but he couldn't move his arm . His whole body couldn't move, and his point of view started dropping . Once he stopped, he gazed at Ed from below and didn't understand what happened .

In fact, it was rather simple . Ed understood what the man would do, and acted before he did . Before the man could move, Ed sent a flying slash, decapitating both the man and his horse .

Ed walked over to the head of the man and impaled it with his own spear . He raised the head very high, causing the armies behind him to shout in victory .

This was Ed's declaration of war .