Chapter 115

"It's not Space magic . " Ed lied to the Elder Lich as if it was a normal thing . It was indeed Space magic, but not the one he used before .

"I said you can't-fool me . I can recognize it after being hit for so long . " The Elder Lich regained his calmness and prepared to fight once more . Even now he didn't know exactly how Ed was able to bypass his Barrier, but he didn't care . As long as he knew it was coming, he would be able to do something about it .

Ed was able to use this new ability due to a notification he got from the system . Usually, the system would let Ed figure out these things alone . But, since this time was special, he was helping Ed out . The skill that Ed had the most trouble leveling up during his stay in this world, the Space magic skill, leveled up during his fight with the Elder Lich . His constant use of Space magic allowed him to overcome the limit he had hit before . Ed could only think how real fights are truly the best way to improve . Especially death fights .

Before his attacks could connect with the barrier, Ed used space magic on them . It was a difficult task, but Ed tried to do it before . Unfortunately, he almost burned Raikou's hair one-time experimenting . However, after leveling up the skill, he was able to successfully do it . Since the Lich's barrier existed physically, Ed bypassed it by teleporting the attack near the body of the Lich . Usually, people wouldn't be able to do it in all their lives, but Ed was special . He had a good understanding of such abilities due to having seen similar things before .

"Well, try to stop me then!" The two of them continued clashing . What the Lich said was true . Quickly, he was able to react to the attacks of Ed . His normal attacks that is . "72 Pound canon!" Ed used a flying slash along with Space magic . The slash hit the Lich inside of the barrier since he couldn't dodge it in time . The two fought as if they were long life enemies . As things stood, neither of them truly had the advantage . Even with his new technique, Ed could only close the gap that was between them . He had no way to completely finish the Lich off .

"As long as I have my barrier you'll have no way of beating me!" The Elder Lich told Ed exactly what he was thinking . He retreated back to the air as he was preparing a huge attack . Ed could see QI rumbling inside the Lich's dead body with his Sharingan . "You'll have no way of touching me when I'm this far . Not even your Space magic can reach me!" The Lich was now screaming high in the air . He was indeed out Ed's range .

"I can't break your barrier? My attacks won't be able to reach you? And who decided that?!" Ed used his maximum flight speed to instantly hover above the Lich . He withdrew Muramasa and held Shusui with both his hands . He used Shu, Ken, Armament Haki, and focused his entire remaining KI on his katana . This technique was also an original one and was the strongest out of all of his techniques . His already black sword shined with an even blacker luster . It looked like the light that comes from an eclipse .

"Providence Blade!" Ed's katana connected with the barrier . White sparks appeared as Ed was pushing with his entire strength . "Woooooaaaaah!" Letting out a final scream, cracks appeared in the air . "Impossible!" The Elder Lich seemed to not believe what was happening . His prized barrier shattered in front of him . "It doesn't matter, you should have exhausted your power with this attac-" . The Lich stopped speaking as he saw a smile on Ed's face .

"It's a two-phase attack!" After breaking the barrier, Ed's sword released a flying slash . One that was Pitch black . With nothing to protect him, the Elder Lich had nothing to tank it with except his body . "Aaaargh!" Screams could be heard as he was falling down to the ground . Ed hit the ground a little later than the Lich . He was completely exhausted now, and he could barely move .

"You brat!" To his surprise, the Lich appeared out of the rubble and targeted Ed . The situation spelled trouble for Ed . He couldn't move and had no way to protect himself . His KI and all gone, and by the time a potion could take effect, it would already be too late . With all the odds against him, Ed still looked confident . Not a single trace of worry could be seen on his face . "I'm not your only opponent!" Ed declared proudly .

Raikou, Suika, Gobuta, Goburou, and Garu . All five of them were watching Ed do his best to provide them with this perfect chance . As they surrounded the Lich, each one of them used his special technique . Raikou used the same lightning blast he used against the Kyuubi . The other used magic or flying slashes . In an instant, the entire area was filled with dust from the ground being destroyed by their attacks .

"Ho-How can you all be so strong?!" Ed couldn't believe what he was seeing . Even after taking all those attacks, the Elder Lich didn't die . However, he looked like he could fall down with a single breeze of air that collided with him . 'It's probably fate...' Ed thought to himself as he considered something . The enemy this time was strong . The strongest they had fought up until now . Ed needed to be as strong as he could in order to fight his enemies . So there was only one conclusion he could reach .

"Elder Lich . Won't you join me?" Ed dropped a rather surprising statement . Even the Lich himself couldn't react before a couple of seconds passed . "What do you mean?" He answered with a slight anticipation in his voice . "Don't you want to leave this tower?" Every monster in this tower would only have one answer to Ed's question . And that is 'Of course!' . Instead of being shackled in this tower, fated to die and be killed, anyone would rather join Ed's team .

"Of course I would want . But unfortunately, we monsters are bound to this tower . No one would be able to break us out of here . " The Elder was now on his knees . It seemed like his willpower left him along with his final answer .

'But I have a system!' Ed grinned as he looked at the Elder Lich filled with despair .