Chapter 175

After thanking Bard for his help, Ed continued to look for some more ingredients . He knew that chocolate existed in this world from his memories, but it was very expensive . Of course, it wasn't too expensive for Ed . He was surprised to know that it existed, as back on Earth it appeared in the 1600s . But, he remembered that the development of the two worlds was vastly different . It was obvious that things wouldn't be identical .

Ed didn't find it in Avalon, so he had to look in another country . Scale kingdom was out of the question as it had been taken over by Blood sect . He could access it in disguise, but it would only be a waste of a Transformation card . The next best choice was Emilia's kingdom . He put on his black disguise set, which had dried up, and teleported to the capital . The capital had lost its previous luster and looked like a ghost town . It was an obvious result due to losing the ruling figure of the kingdom . Ed headed towards the tavern he visited last time and got some information from there .

Apparently, the guard's leader took over but only managed to stop the people from losing control . Local gangs and bandits from the outside infiltrated and started eating up at his power . Ed knew that it was only a matter of time before the kingdom turns into a war zone .

Ed got the names of some powerful merchants in the hopes of finding what he needs at their disposal . He got five names, and three of them didn't have it . The last two gave him similar prices, but one of them had the better quality .

Ed was surprised at first, seeing that they agreed to meet him without any conditions . He could guess that their business was not doing well due to the gangs and such . He left them a subtle hint to move to Avalon, as they weren't enemies, and Avalon needed such figures to expand in the future . He portrayed himself as a traveling mercenary and painted Avalon as the best kingdom on the continent . He knew that it wasn't a big of a chance for them to transfer due to the danger, but it wouldn't hurt to try .

The price of the chocolate was 1000 gold coins per kilo . It was certainly expensive, but it was worth as Ed deemed the quality to be the closest to the one back on Earth . He haggled it down to 700 coins and bought two kilos . He also bought many other things such as eggs, flour, and items he would need . The merchant was happy, and seemed like this was the biggest deal he made over the last month or so . For a big merchant that dealt in the millions to be happy at such a small deal showed just how much things had changed .

Ed reminded him about Avalon one last time and then left . The merchant looked like he was considering it seriously this time .

Ed returned to the castle and asked Dorothy to help him out .

"Don't get scared," said Ed as he created a dimension with a long table . A really long table . Dorothy was spooked since he created it around them instead of one where they would enter .

"You have your knife, right? Give it to me . " Dorothy handed him the knife she used ever since she started working in the kitchen at Avalon . Ed noticed that it was a rare quality knife, which surprised him since his old sword Murasame was the same . The knife was starting to chip and get dull due to the years of being used, but after being fixed by Ed, it was good as new . In fact, he made it into an Epic quality knife .

It didn't take Ed a long time as he was quite used to weapons by now . He returned the knife to her and saw her face change . She managed to notice the increase in quality .

"Thanks a lot, master Ed," said Dorothy as she bowed .

"No problem . You would need at least that much for what we will be doing . " Ed started withdrawing the bodies of the sea monsters that Gobuta and WarGreymon had hunted .

"We'll prepare these to use them in tomorrow's birthday party . " Dorothy looked at Ed with determination as both of them started working . Peeling the shrimp, gutting the fish, preparing squid rings . They did all of these things in succession . Ed was surprised by Dorothy's speed . Her performance in the kitchen was Immortal Establishment class .

Six hours later, they managed to finish their initial work . Ed could have asked for the help of the maids and butlers, but he wanted his dimension ability to be as secret as possible . He went as far as to tell Dorothy to inform them that she would be gone for a while, and not to look for her .

" I'm sorry Dorothy, but I'm going to have you work with me a lot today," Ed told her, but before he spoke any further, Dorothy spoke .

"Don't say that master Ed . Whatever you want, I'll do!" She hit her chest with her fist to show her determination .

"Thanks, Dorothy," said Ed while smiling . He then spoke some more in order to explain .

"There will be two men coming here at dawn . I need you to take them to the kitchen if I'm not around . Just tell them to wait and they'll understand . They will also be helping us . " Ed told her as he undid the dimension . The sun was setting, indicating that Ed's second round of purging would start .

He made his to his room where Garu was waiting, already prepared .

"They'll be waiting for us, so I'll put you in the middle of the post using my dimension ability . " Ed used this tactic in order to put fear into them . They would have their eyes peeled open for any intruders, but they would never think they would appear in their midst .

Ed and Garu used this tactic in all of the posts . They were all medium or small ones, so they couldn't do anything . Ed even managed to look for more to destroy and ended up finishing off close to 30 posts in one night . He returned a little earlier than dawn, where both he and Garu cleaned themselves off . Ed noticed one green and one blue dot approaching the castle, so he left to meet them . He ended up meeting Dorothy mid-way, where she accompanied him .

"Thank you for coming . This way . " Ed thanked and showed them inside . Audun looked like he couldn't believe Ed was really the prince . All of them reached the kitchen, and Ed created a dimension . He also used his dimension's creation ability to make some tools that would help him out . Bard and Audun were frightened at first, but they calmed down after Ed explained it was his ability . He didn't show it to them for no reason but after careful planning . He had some plans for the two of them . Ed turned towards Audun and started speaking .

"The dish I'll be using your cheese for is called..."