Chapter 169

Ed studied the map for a couple of seconds before teleporting them both back . Ellie saw Emilia and her eyes teared up .

"Emi!" She tackled Emilia in a hug and embraced her while crying . Ellie acted tough, but she was a nice girl on the inside . Emilia rubbed her head while faintly smiling . It looks like she already spoke to Hayato as both of them was standing there when Ed got back .

"She gets a hug and I get a punch to the face..." Ed spoke under his breath while looking at the two . He walked towards Hayato and showed him the Map . Both of them discussed it a little, thinking if it's authentic or not . Ellie already killed the sixth star, so they couldn't torture him for information .

"Master . " Garu and the others walked towards Ed . Alicia was speaking with Emilia on the side . They weren't exactly friends, only acquaintances . Garu, Gobuta, and Merry gave him the spatial rings they plundered from the members of the five stars . Ed took out the one he had, it was Lilliana's . Emilia noticed this and gave Ed Norris' ring . Ed checked the rings and found two more maps . One in Norris' ring, and one in Lilliana's . The maps were identical to the one they had but were damaged, making it hard to decipher the words and such .

"I'll take care of the words; I need someone who can draw maps so we can recreate them . " Ed planned to create as many maps as they needed . He would then circulate them around countries that are fighting Blood sect . this way; they would have the advantage by knowing the position of the enemy .

"I can draw," Hayato told him .

'Of course, we don't need to find someone else . ' Ed thought to himself that most situations in fantasy novels or movies happen this way . They never need to find someone skilled at something, as their friends would already be proficient at it .

"Yo-you bastards! You guys ruined the country!" The guards who were knocked out by Ed earlier started regaining consciousness . The leader looked at the ruined walls and cursed Ed and the others .

"No, we didn't . It was already ruined when we got here . You guys simply failed to realize it . " Ed told him and then teleported everyone back to Avalon .

It was already night time once they returned . Elizabeth had free time now that Arthur had returned to the kingdom . She was waiting for them in the courtyard, where Ed had left the sigil . She noticed Emilia, the new addition to the team that had left .

"You must be Emilia . I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your mother . I had the privilege of meeting her once . I can proudly say that it was my honor . " Elizabeth gave her condolences to Emilia, who accepted them wholeheartedly . These words were a comfort to her, as in the last month she heard nothing but bad words about her mother . Finding someone that appreciated her meant a lot more to Emilia than anyone thought .

"Thank you . It means a lot to me that you say that . " Emilia's eyes turned red but she didn't cry . She had already cried more than enough for one day . Instead, she put on a bright smile . Elizabeth felt relieved to see her like that and offered her to come inside to rest . Before they could enter, a figure emerged from inside, running very fast .

"Eeee miii liiii AAAA Suuu!" Suika appeared and instantly tackled Emilia . It was a harder tackle than Ellie's . Suika was always fond of Emilia . Both of them had spent a lot of time together when Ed was in the academy at Scale kingdom . Emilia was tackled to the ground and looked confused . Once she registered what happened, she smiled .

"Suika! You...You've gotten bigger!" Emilia didn't know how to comment on Suika's human form as it was her first time seeing it . She got up and hugged Suika for a while before heading inside . A little while later Bella and Becky appeared . Bella was training with Becky while Suika was watching when she suddenly left in a hurry .

"Bella, Becky . Why don't you train with me?" Ed proposed while looking at them . It had been a while since he trained with Bella, and he never did with Becky so this was a good chance . Both of them agreed . Bella was obviously ecstatic to train with Ed, but Becky wanted to refuse at first . It seems like she was too shy to train with Ed as she was stronger than him before, but was left out far behind now . Of course, she didn't tell this to anyone . She agreed only after Bella's persistence .

Ed was very surprised once he started training with them . Bella had made a wonderous improvement, as her speed and power were greatly enhanced . She was very proficient at using her blade, which showed just how much time she spent training with it . Bella focused on speed, which pushed Ed to think about having her train with Gobuta . Seeing that he is the speed specialist in his team . Becky, on the other hand, focused on strength, which was clear with her use of a great sword . 'Gobuta would be her ideal training partner . ' Ed thought to himself . They used the same type of weapon, so he was sure Becky would benefit from it .

Their training session lasted for about two hours . They trained until it was dinner time . Ed headed to his room before dinner, where he created a dimension in which he took a bath . He thought that it would be a waste of time if he waited for Bella and Becky to finish theirs . After he finished, He went towards the dining hall and met Emilia on the way . She had also taken a bath, and all the blood, grime, and dust was cleaned off . She was wearing a set of pajamas which seemed to be Elizabeth's .

"You look better . " Ed smiled at her as he said what he thought .

"All thanks to you . " Both of them walked towards the noisy dining hall . The dining hall where you could hear a pin drop only two years ago .