Chapter 130

Ed didn't know if it was a monster or a human . By now, many monsters that could speak appeared in front of Ed, his companions included . He slowly turned around with a little caution . A monster wouldn't call out to someone . Unless it was an extremely friendly, or naïve, monster . As Ed completely turned around, he got a full view of whoever was calling him . A man that didn't look any older than him was approaching him while waving his hand . The man had blond hair, similar to Ed, and blue eyes . His face had a couple of freckles making him look like a cheerful and friendly person .

'He's strong...and an enemy . ' Ed could feel that the man in front of him had a cultivation higher than his . He also checked the Map and noticed that he was presented as a red spot . Ed quickly recalled Sieg and the others while Raikou stood next to him . The man probably noticed the monsters, but Ed still wanted to keep them hidden . In case they started fighting, it would be better to summon them after wearing him down .

"You just came to this floor right . My name is Johan, nice to meet you . " Johan extended his hand for a handshake . Ed was wary of him but still put his hand forward as well . 'If he wants to do something, it would be better if he doesn't waste my time . ' Ed thought in such a reckless way .

After shaking hands, Johan started explaining about some things on this floor . Apparently, rather than a village of monsters, a village for humans was made on this floor . The humans from a long time ago decided to make one on this tenth floor because its geography made it possible . This floor was the most suitable one for building . And because the last two floors are the hardest, the village also serves as a way to relax before heading to the next challenge .

'That is stupid . ' Ed wasn't mistaken to think in such a way . It was a bad idea to relax after being on edge for so long . Challenging the tower wasn't easy, so to relax one's guard right before the hardest part wasn't a very bright idea . 'Still, the humans from before were quite considerate . ' Ed thought to himself . They needed to transport the materials to make buildings and such . Ed still didn't see the village, but he guessed it was a little fancy . Especially since it was created for relaxation purposes .

"You won't be able to use gold to buy things like outside . The village only accepts monster corpses that are used for materials, and also for food . " Johan explained while maintaining his usual friendly attitude . Ed couldn't feel any malicious intent coming from him at all . He was now confused as to why his Map displayed him as an enemy . 'Well, the Map never lied before . ' Ed believed in the system's functions .

"I'll lead you to it right now if you want . " Johan offered his help to Ed . Ed guessed that he either had an ulterior motive or he actually only stopped Ed to help him .

"No need . I'll explore this floor myself, and then I will head over to the village . " Ed turned him down and headed in a different direction . Johan didn't pursue him or try to stop him . Instead, he actually told Ed to 'take care' and headed in a different direction . Ed monitored him using the Map and noticed that he really did leave . To make sure no one would follow him, Ed activated Zero sign . Erasing all signs of himself, he rushed in another direction . In a couple of minutes, he was almost one hundred kilometers away from where he was .

Ed was surprised by his speed . Not only his speed but his ability to control it in such a way . He always struggled to maintain his top speed while maneuvering around, but now he could, more or less, pull it off perfectly .

"The man from before is an enemy . We'll need to be careful . " Ed explained to Raikou as he got out from his shadow . Ed and Raikou didn't need to communicate to understand each other by now . As soon as Johan left, Raikou understood that Ed wanted to leave so he entered his shadow . Ed also summoned his companions and told them the same thing .

"Anyway, we need to do what we came here for . Let's hunt!" Ed checked his Map and started making his way towards any group of red dots . He had to be careful this time not to mistakenly hunt any red dotted humans . Ed hunted wolves similar to the ones from before . They weren't any harder to kill compared to when they were unconscious . Unlike the first batch, Ed didn't get any Gacha tickets . He didn't lose any time lamenting on the fact and instead headed towards the next group of monsters .

The group of monsters that Ed encountered this time was transparent like water . They were a group of slimes . These slimes were all Earth Establishment level 10 as well . As soon as they noticed Ed and his group, they looked spooked and started merging together . Soon enough, a slime over five meters appeared in front of them .

Name: Tyrant slime .

Cultivation: Heavenly Establishment level 3 .

Ed swiftly used his scan function and checked the new slime that appeared . The fusion of slimes resulted in a much more powerful warrior- eh... monster .

"Leave it to me . " Wanting to try out his abilities, Ed asked his companions to stand back . Shusui was in his hands as black and white light shined from it . "Providence Blade . " Ed executed his strongest skill, instantly obliterating the slime . Unlike the times before, Ed didn't use all of his power . Instead, it was less than half, yet the result was almost the same as when he used it at full power before . 'Shusui amplified it even more than before...' Ed noticed that his Katana exerted more power compared to before . Curious, he scanned it .

Name: Shusui .

Rarity: Mythical .

Ed couldn't believe what he was seeing . His sword's rarity improved by itself . Ed's powers increased in an incredible way, and Shusui followed after him . Both the sword and the swordmaster were similar .

'I'll have to ask the system about this' . Ed thought as he sheathed Shusui and made his way towards the next monster group to be slain .