Chapter 138

The monster tamer belonged to the bandit group . It was easy to tell the difference because of their unified clothing . They had military-like pants while they wore sleeveless jackets, men and women wore the same clothes . Ed was surprised by their unity as he thought that bandits usually did whatever they felt like . 'I guess the leader beat them into it . ' Ed thought .

The monster summoned by the bandit was called a Gale eagle . It was an Epic grade monster and its cultivation was Heavenly Establishment level 1 . True to its name, it was a specialist in using Wind magic . The villagers who were locals were terrified by the monster, as they didn't fight all the times . On the other hand, the ones who came to challenge the tower could easily kill it with their team . Unlike Ed, the monster tamer's abilities were very low . Ed was killing bandits in stealth mode . He used space magic along with Spectral Shadow Steps to achieve completely silent kills . Other than some exceptional bandits, the ones he targeted were killed in a single sword slash .

As expected, after a while, the bandit's leader noticed Ed and targeted him . He was on the front lines but retreated to catch Ed who was killing his comrades or grunts as he called them . "You bastard!" he angrily rushed towards Ed .

"Are you sure you have the time to mess with me?" Ed didn't lose his cool . In fact, this was also part of his plan . Having Raikou and Sieg kill the leader would definitely bring attention towards Ed . Unwanted attention . So he had to lure him from the front, and the rest was simple .

"You!!" The bandits' leader was surprised as Sieg appeared in front of him . "Why are you on this floor?!" Apparently, the bandit's leader was familiar with Sieg .

"There is no reason for you to know that . " Sieg caught the leader and teleported him away . It was a skill similar to Ed's long-range teleport, except that its range was limited . Sieg couldn't bring along many people either .

Both of them appeared a couple of kilometers away from the village .

"You may have defeated me before, but my cultivation is higher now! I won't lose again!" the leader who Sieg had defeated before was confident in his victory this time around . That is until, "and what gave you the idea that my cultivation is still low . " Sieg's answer shocked the leader . Sieg's aura erupted and he showcased the extent of his abilities as a Heavenly Establishment level 5 .

"Still, my abilities have improved over the last years . I won't lose!" Still refusing to admit his weakness, he boasted about his strength . A black smoke appeared on his hand and then was directed at Sieg . The grass that was touched by the smoke withered and died .

"Gyaaah!" The leader stumbled down as he felt pain in his leg . Frightened, he looked back and a black wolf stood behind him . "Both of us seem to be a little excessive for a weakling like him . " Sieg who emerged unharmed from the smoke told Raikou . Now, the leader could only look in horror as both of them approached him .

Back at the village, the bandits who lost their leader went into an unorganized struggle . Ed managed to kill all the strong ones, while his companions, who had human forms, were able to protect those that he intended to protect . By now, the bandits were almost annihilated . The villagers sustained casualties, but not as much as they expected . In fact, if Ed and his companions weren't around the villagers would probably end up dead . But, he was also the reason why the bandits attacked in the first place .

"My liege," Sieg, who teleported back, called Ed something inconceivable . "We finished the mission," after he spoke to him, Raikou appeared out of his shadow . Ed recalled his companions and teleported away from the scene . He appeared next to the entrance of the bandits' hideout . He was going to loot whatever they had left here . Ed started examining the hideout, and suddenly he heard something .

"Who are you?" a feeble old voice reached Ed's ears . It was almost as if the voice had given up on life, only to find some hope .

"Why would you want to know?" Ed obviously knew why . The source of the voice came from inside cells . It was a slave who spoke to him . The slave was an old man who could very well be over 60 years old . Ed was surprised to see that he was at Heavenly Establishment level 7 . He was curious how the leader managed to subdue him, but he knew there were many ways .

"Please help us!" Before the man could respond, other slaves who noticed Ed's presence started pleading .

Ed ignored them all as he moved ahead . "I can tell you where the treasures are . " Again, the old man spoke to Ed . Even amid all the noise of the other slaves, he could easily discern that voice .

"I can find it on my own, why should I help you?" Ed knew very well that the old man wanted to give him the treasure in exchange for freeing him .

"That's the only thing I can offer . If you won't accept, then I'm sorry for taking your time . " The old man didn't push any further . Ed was planning on releasing all the slaves before leaving . If he left them here, there was little chance that someone would end up freeing them afterward .

Still, the old man intrigued Ed so he opened the cell by cutting it open . The other slaves left in a frenzy, but the old man walked slowly towards Ed . "this way," he kept his promise and lead Ed to the treasure room . Gold, weapons, jewelry, potions, and pills . All of these things were neatly organized which shocked Ed . He imagined that they would all be thrown on the ground, or in a spatial ring . Instead, they were organized in shelves properly .

Ed took the things that caught his attention . Unfortunately, nothing was worth much in here, at least in Ed's standards . After taking the things, the old man asked Ed, "what about the rest?"

"you can have it," Ed told him as he walked outside . A man appeared and swung a blade at Ed . "the treasure is mine!" one of the slaves was too greedy and tried to kill Ed . His brain didn't function correctly as he failed to notice that since Ed wasn't a bandit, it meant that he killed one of them to know this place . On top of that, his nonchalant attitude would show that he could take his time . Meaning that he wasn't afraid of the bandits coming back and finding him .

A thread emerged out of Ed's shadow and killed the slave . The old man witnessed everything and was shocked, his eyes wide open . Ed wondered why the man waited until Ed left the room to attack him, but, apparently, it was simply idiocy .

"If you're done then let's go, I can take you to the teleportation circle . Ah! It overheated so you have to wait for a week . " Ed told him as he was walking out .