Chapter 133

The sun went down and Ed created a pocket dimension . Not much time was left until the system gets back . Ed was getting excited thinking about what kind of different upgrades he would be getting .

Ed prepared one of the boars he hunted in the forest . The boars weren't that different in anatomy compared the pork Ed knew, so he decided to try barbecue . He never did anything similar to barbecue before . Thus, he decided to work by memory and recreate the best dishes he knew about . Things like ribs, and braised pork belly among other things . He also did his best to create a sweet barbecue sauce with tomatoes and herbs . The dishes proved to be very popular with his companions, so he decided to note them down .

As per usual, Ed and the others trained . Every day, Ed was testing how long he could keep the dimension up . He was now at twenty hours inside the dimension with no signs of it breaking down . This meant that Ed could keep it up for ten hours outside . This gave him more time to train or relax compared to before .

After having their fill of sleep, Ed left the dimension and started his search for the adult Thunder Birds . It would be foolish to keep waiting for them to attack every time . Ed has more or less figured out the location of their nest . Thanks to his Map, he could see a canyon looking area near him . He had read about condors living in such areas back on Earth . And without any mountains nearby, this was the best possibility . No, it was the only possibility .

On the way, Ed killed two waves of young condors . He was now curious about the behavior of these Thunder Birds . They were sending more and more young ones to die on his hands . 'They either have a surplus of children, or they simply don't care' Ed thought to himself . In half an hour, they reached the canyon . Ed couldn't see the end of it, as it was very deep . It was better to call it an abyss instead of a canyon . Confirming things on his Map, Ed headed towards the largest group of red dots he could see .

The closer he got the more condors he saw . Some of them were circulating in the sky above him, but never approached him and his companions . 'Maybe they only attack if they are ordered to do so . ' Ed thought while studying their behavior . After a while, one approached from afar and swooped down . Ed was ready to kill it, but he didn't feel any killing intent so he stopped . As he thought, the Condor that came didn't do anything . Instead, it stood in front of Ed and signaled him to follow after him . Ed didn't hesitate at all and followed him .

The condor flew down the canyon and entered the cave . Ed recalled everyone except Sieg . Raikou entered his shadow, while Ed and Sieg flew down . Inside the canyon was a much bigger condor . The biggest Ed encountered so far . He scanned him and found that his cultivation was Heavenly Establishment level 5 . Exactly how an adult should be .

"You're the one who has been killing our young ones?" The condor spoke to Ed with a harsh tone . He didn't move an inch while speaking, and even his eyes were shut . 'Is he sitting? Standing?' Ed didn't know what to make of the position of the condor . He couldn't see his feet, but it felt like he was doing some feet exercises, making him look like he was sitting on air .

"If you mean the ones you sent after me, then yes . " Ed also closed his eyes, crossed his hands and answered him .

"How dare you kill them?! It should be your honor to be hunted by our young ones!" Similar to the lions, the condor's leader gave an absurd reasoning .

'What is wrong with these floors? In some of them, monsters try to spit on me . Here they tell me it would be my honor to die?' Ed was finding this floor ridiculous . Still, he didn't open his eyes and spoke, "Well I don't need such honor!" Ed felt that the leader's eyes opened as he stood up . Ed also opened his eyes and looked directly at him .

"Well then, you can only die to achieve you unneeded honor!" He didn't give Ed any time to think and released a lightning bolt inside the cave . Ed and Sieg teleported outside easily and flew to the ground . Ed summoned his companions, and all of them started fighting . The condors started attacking them after noticing the war declaration made by their leader . Soon enough, even the leader got out of the cave and joined them .

"Die!" The leader charged himself with lightning and struck Ed and the others . Ed teleported in front of the attack and did something . The lightning bolt disappeared from in front of Ed and appeared above the condor leader .

"Do you think I'll be hurt by my own attack?!" he said proudly .

"I see," without losing his cool, Ed changed the target of the attack . He targeted a couple of condors, and due to the difference in cultivation, they were hurt badly . The condor opened its mouth in disbelief .

"How dare you?!" He shouted in anger .

"What do you mean? That's your own attack, you know . " Ed stated the obvious .

A battle continued to rage on between the seven members of Ed's team, and the hundreds of condors . As expected, even Ed couldn't defeat such a large amount of monsters without being hurt . However, thanks to his potions he could keep up with the damage . Of course, their own healer, Suika did an awesome job at healing those injured while using crowd control skills to mess with the condors . As the battle was reaching the climax, Raikou used his Shadow magic on a large scale . Many hands came out of the giant circle of darkness . Any condor that was caught would be dragged inside, and in a couple of seconds be thrown out lifeless .

"What is that thing?!" It seemed like the condor leader never saw anything similar to Raikou's skill .

"You don't need to know . " Ed equipped his three-sword and pointed them at the condor's leader . "Gyuki: Yuzume(Bull Demon Brave Talons)!" The swords hit the condor with great impact, sending him spiraling down in great speed . The condor wasn't killed, and Ed knew this very well . So as soon as he tried to fly again, Ed sent a flying slash at him . "108 Pound Canon!" The attack that was much stronger now thanks to Shusui's upgrade and Ed's power-up, left a circular hole that wasn't any less deep than the canyon .

"Ah, we lost a precious body . " Ed looked in despair as a Heavenly Establishment level 5 corpse was lost due to his attack . Sighing, he looked towards his companions and spoke . "Let's head back and look for the village . "