Chapter 135

Unlike what most people would expect, many people were present in this Village . It even looked like some people were permanent residents . Things like shops, restaurants, and inns flooded the central area of the Village . Other areas were living residencies or exchange offices . The way things worked in here was similar to the guild in some novels . You can exchange monster bodies in order to gain points . With points, you can buy anything you want . Ed even noticed a slave market while he was strolling around . Those unfortunate enough to be sold as slaves would suffer for the rest of their lives . Or at least until their owner had enough of them .

Ed headed into one of the exchange offices and entered . It was the same as the office where they issued him the authorization for entering the tower . 'So this place is also managed by the Central Government' Ed thought as he walked inside .

"You're a new face . You can have the card after exchanging some carcasses . " One of the workers there spoke to him and pointed towards a room . Indicating that the room is where he can exchange the carcasses .

Silently, Ed walked into one of the room without questions . He didn't know what card the man was talking about, but he acted like he knew everything .

Inside the room, a lady who was wearing the Central Government's uniform smiled towards Ed . She was beautiful with a charming smile, but Ed didn't care about that . Without saying a single word, he withdrew dozens upon dozens of bodies . It was a mix of the lions, Thunderbirds, and other monsters he didn't need . Ed didn't bring out all the bodies, but only the weak ones . He kept the exceptional bodies so he could sell them in the outside world .

After he finished, the receptionist maintained her smile and started to check the bodies .

"Your total comes to 340 . 000 points . " She then walked outside with him to issue his a card . Ed finally looked at how the card looked . It was the same as an ID card, but only in silver . Things like name and points weren't filled .

"Please fill it with Qi . " She told him what to do next . Ed did as he was told and the card shined . His picture and name were inscribed upon the card . Ed was surprised by the technology if it could be called that . Next, the receptionist asked him to hand her the card and filled it with Qi . The points were now filled in as well .

"You can head back to the person over there for the payment . " The receptionist told him as she walked back to the room .

"You need to pay 10 . 000 points . " The man overheard the woman speaking to Ed, and asked for an overbearing amount of points . Ed had a lot of points, but that didn't mean that he would simply accept it . He shot a deadly glare at the man and released his killing intent .

In an instant, the man knew that he shouldn't mess around with Ed . He was only at Earth Establishment . Plus, he was brought into this tower to work . He made extra money by tricking people who weren't as sharp as Ed .

"I'm sorry, it's only 1000 points . " The man didn't try anything funny and told Ed the real amount . ED could also tell that he wasn't lying this time . The man brought out a machine and passed the card over it . Ed's total points decreased to 339 . 000 .

'It's like a credit card' Ed looked at the silver card while walking out .

Ed strolled around the Village and checked what they had to offer . He hasn't done anything like this ever since he left the academy . Many memories flooded his mind . Some good, and some sad .

The shops were very unique . They sold monster parts, jewels, weapons, armors, pills, and so on . Some people even sold the monsters they hunted instead of exchanging them .

"Hey you!" while walking, Ed heard someone calling in a familiar way . He turned around hesitantly and found that Johan was waving at him . 'Does he do the same every time?' Ed thought to himself .

"I'm glad you could come to the Village . " Johan smiled at Ed . This time he wasn't alone . Two men and two women stood behind him while he spoke to Ed . Of course, Ed didn't waste time and checked his Map . The four of them were neutral towards Ed . This made Ed think why only Johan was a red dot while he seemed friendly .

"Why? Were you waiting for something to happen to me?" Ed jokingly said .

"Well, your cultivation is considered low for someone challenging the tower alone . " Johan seemed to forget Raikou who was standing next to Ed when they first met . And apparently, he forgot the others, or simply didn't see them .

"Well, sorry to disappoint you, but nothing happened," Ed spoke calmly .

"I'm not disappointed . More like this confirms my suspicion . I usually don't bother with people, but something about you drew me to speak to you . I guess it was your strength . " Johan said words that sent alarms in Ed's mind . He even backed off two steps .

"Hmm, what wrong?" Johan asked him in confusion .

"No, nothing . Don't mind me . "

"By the way, I never got to hear your name . Once again I'm Johan . " Johan extended his hand towards Ed .

"Edward," Ed spoke while shaking hands with Johan . He thought about giving him a fake name, but it wasn't worth it . He would kill anyone who tried to hurt him . Plus he knew his face, so it didn't matter much .

"I'll be challenging the floor boss soon . I'm guessing you don't know where it is? You can come with me if you want . " Johan offered Ed his help . Ed didn't accept of course . He politely rejected him but shamelessly asking for the information about the floor boss . Of course not what type of monster, but simply where to find it .

"On the other side of the Village, there are two teleportation circles . One will take you to the floor boss, while the other straight to the next floor . " Ed was reminded that another way existed to leave the floor . He had completely forgotten about the advance teleportation circles that existed .

"I see . Thank you for the information . " Ed thanked Johan, and both of them headed on to their own direction .

"Oh by the way . I forgot to tell you, but don't trust anyone in this Village . "

"Oh, I know about that," Ed told him and both of them finally disappeared from each other's sight