Chapter 26

Ed continued on his journey with Raikou for a full day . They only stopped to eat . Raikou's stamina was even more impressive than what Ed had estimated; he could keep up his top speed for more than two hours .

Thanks to Raikou's speed, they had traveled three days' worth of time in only one day . This allowed Ed to have time to rest and hunt .

After sundown, Ed got Raikou to stop and prepared to eat . He also summoned Suika and got her to wait while playing with Raikou .

Ed got some beef steaks and seasoned them with salt and pepper . He had made a pan using some metal with his Blacksmith skill . He also found a plant that was similar to rosemary in the market and bought lots of it . He used it to skewer the steaks .

After a while, the smell of the food he cooked filled the entire area . But no monsters approached them, it seemed like Raikou's aura scared them away since he was not hiding it .

"Raikou, Suika time to eat" Ed called his two companions and presented them with the food . The trio made quick work of the food and seemed even hungrier . 'The effects of the cooking skill are a lot more beneficial than what I thought' Ed had cooked before in his world but he was never as good as he is now . He was confident to win a beginner's cooking show if he joined .

The three of them ate to their full and looked blissful .

"Woof!" "Suu~~!" Raikou was wagging his tail while Suika was jumping up and down . Satisfied Ed decided he would put his Pharmaceutical skill to test . He pulled out a lot of plants and started working .

He was trying to make potions so he had bought vials before . Although he couldn't find any glass ones, there were a lot of different ones made from different materials .

Ed kept a record and failure and success . Although his skill was as good as the Blacksmith skill, it seemed like it needed even more precision . Ed thought it would be a waste to throw away the failed potions so he got Suika to drink them .

"Suika if you feel unwell in any way, or any pain, stop immediately!" Ed didn't know how much Suika could handle the potions . She had the poison attribute now but that didn't mean she was immune to it .

"Suu!" Suika, on the other hand, kept drinking the potions like they were a cold drink on a summer afternoon . Ed kept close eyes on Suika in case there were any changes, but nothing happened so he was relieved .

Ed didn't know that the potions he was making were considered top class potions . That was the reason why he kept failing so much .

After Ed was done, he put away the materials and potions in his bag . He also turned off the fire he used for cooking and prepared to sleep . He got a huge tent that could fit all three of them, prepared it and got inside .

The three of them slept peacefully with no issues until morning .

The next morning, Ed decided to hunt since he was ahead of schedule . He checked his map and noticed quite the number of red dots around him . He headed to the closest one along with his companions .

After he got there he didn't find any monster so he got on guard . If it was some sort of invisible monster they would be in trouble . As soon as Ed was about to activate his Sharingan a bush started moving . 'Monsters in bushes... What is this pokemon?!" Ed couldn't help but retort in his mind .

Soon enough the monster came out and to their surprise, it was a slime . Only this one was red, apparently, it had the fire attribute .

"Hahaha, so slimes do exist in this world not only you Suika . " Ed now didn't have to hide Suika in the academy . If there were no slimes in this world, some monster collector might target Suika if he sees her .

"Suika, how about we catch this slime so it can be your companion" as soon as Ed finished talking Suika looked agitated .

"Suu! SUU!!!" She jumped down from Raikou's head and did a super tackle on the fire slime . Before Ed could react he heard a notification .

Obtained 500 exp .

Suika slowly turned back towards Ed and Raikou . "Suu... . " She spoke in a slow manner as if warning the two . Both of them got shivers down their spine .

'My slime is a yandere...' Ed shook his head and went to Suika as if nothing happened . He could only hope she wouldn't lose her cool some day and decide to kill him and herself like in some cases .

After a couple of minutes, Ed reached another red point on the map . When he got there this time was outside of the forest and close to a rocky area . He found the monster he was looking for .

"Is that a dragon?!" Ed was surprised and made a mistake identifying the creature .

[Host is mistaken, that is a wyvern] After quite an absence the system made a comment .

The wyvern had a pale white look . It had two legs while its hands were its wings, the same as in the legends .

Ed was preparing to hunt this wyvern when the system notified him .

*Ding*

Special quest received .

Hunt the elemental wyverns (0/5) .

Reward: 10 . 000 Exp . 5 Gacha tickets

As soon as Ed received the quest he withdrew his two swords and got ready to hunt . Raikou also got ready and Suika seemed eager to fight this time as well . She didn't do anything last time so she was feeling useless .

"System scan the wyvern!" Ed didn't want to lose his life for no reason so he had to make sure it was an opponent he could handle .

[Scanning please wait]

*Ding*

Name: Ice Wyvern

Cultivation: King establishment (Level 4) .

Ed was relieved it wasn't some heavenly establishment monster . He decided to use fire magic more this time so he coated his swords with fire and sent a slash towards the wyvern .

The wyvern noticed the slash and dodged it . However, it was pissed that someone dared to challenge it so it dived directly towards Ed .