Chapter 62

Everyone who was present couldn't hide their shock . Even the usually cool faces Emilia looked like she had just seen a ghost . It was a fact that Ellie was the strongest person, physically, in the academy . No one would dare to take a punch from her head on . In fact, even Ed wouldn't have dared if he hadn't gotten Nen .

"Let's stop here; we have a busy day tomorrow . " Ed's voice interrupted everyone's thoughts and brought them back to reality . Most of the classmates left the training area, while some were still processing what just happened . Hayato suddenly approached Ed .

"Ed, what was that power? It reminds me of something my great grand-father uses..." Hayato seemed to have an idea about Ed's newfound powers .

"It's a power that helped me get better when I was bedridden . However, I don't recommend learning it since it would just get in the way of your cultivation . " Ed was right . If he was to teach them about Nen, they might focus solely on it and forget about their cultivation which would be a loss . Nen abilities were strong, but they required time and patience . If they were to create a Nen ability without thinking properly about the Vows and Limitations, they would simply be throwing their lives away .

"My great-grandfather did tell us he wouldn't be teaching us until we break through to Heavenly Establishment at least..." Hayato was in deep thought now . Ed thought that his Nen and the power of Hayato's family were probably not the same, only similar . However, he was curious about the identity of Hayato's family . It was possible that someone from Earth had traveled to this world, and since they could cultivate, they created techniques similar to anime from Earth .

All of them finally left the training area . Ellie seemed down and devoid of her usual energy . They made their way to the restaurant and ate . Leon met with them and seemed to notice Ellie's condition but didn't ask . 'So he's not just a straightforward idiot . ' Ed looked at Leon in a new light .

Ed made his way back to his room and went to the training hall . He, along with Raikou, Suika, Gobuta and Garu assumed training once more . They did the same thing as yesterday and trained their Ren time limit . After about three hours of rotations in this training, Ed decided to teach them about the advanced Nen techniques .

"I can see that we have enough training about the fundamentals . It's time to do some advanced training . " The technique Ed used to block Ellie's punch was an application of an advanced Nen technique . Since he was able to do it, he decided to try the other ones today . It was better to strike the iron while it's still hot .

"First of all is Gyo . Gyo is simply Ren applied to a specific part of your body, usually the eyes . When used it gives an increase of power in that specific part, but it leaves the rest of the body vulnerable . When used with the eyes, it allows you to see aura that is usually hidden . Even if the aura was hidden by the technique called In which I'll explain as soon as I can use it . " Ed showed them an application of Gyo by using it in his hands and followed by his eyes . If anyone Nen master learned that Ed was able to use Gyo with ease after only 1 day of acquiring Nen, they would be vomiting blood .

"Next up is En . This technique is a combination of Ren and Ten . There are two ways to use this technique, you can first use Ren and extend it as much as possible . " Ed activated his Ren and blew it away as much as possible from his body; it reached about 7 meters before finally stopping . "Then you can shape it with Ten . " The aura that was released by Ren started taking the shape of a sphere that stopped at about 6 meters . "To be able to call this technique En and not simply Ten or Ren, you need to maintain it for at least 1 minute in a distance of 2 meters or more . " Ed looked as if he was struggling to maintain his maximum reach .

"Another way to use it is to use Ten first to shape the sphere close to your body, and then to increase the size by pushing it with Ren . " Ed demonstrated once more and sat down to relax for a little, advanced techniques were much harder than the basic ones .

"While using En, you can feel the movement of anything that enters your area . Even if someone was using Zetsu in the dark, you'd be able to feel their movements . If you cross someone's En you can also feel how strong they are . " Ed continued his explanation of En before moving to the next technique .

"Next up is Shu . " Ed withdrew Shusui while explaining . "Shu is simply the extension of Ten to a tool or an object . " Ed's Nen enveloped his sword . "You're all able to do this with QI so it shouldn't be an issue . " Ed stored away Shusui and advanced with his explanations .

"The techniques that remain are the hardest and most complicated . First is Ko . Ko is used by combining Ten, Ren, Zetsu and Gyo . You use Gyo on a body part, for example, your fist . " Ed was explaining while showing them directly . "Ten is used to keep the aura from dispersing . Zetsu is used to stop the aura from appearing in another part of the body, while Ren is used to increase the amount of aura in that part . This technique is purely offensive and should be used with caution since your body is left open for attacks without protection . " Ed showed them his fist which was covered with a thick amount of aura .

"This technique is called Ken . It uses Ren and Ten but unlike En, you condense your aura near your body . This technique is for protection while being cautious in case you don't know how much power your opponent is using . It provides great defense but it's difficult to maintain . It is the reason why we were training to prolong our use of Ren since the amount of aura needed for Ken is 10 times more than Ten . "

"The last technique is Ryu . It is arguably the hardest to master . It uses almost all other techniques since it uses Ken and Gyo on top of it . This technique is used during combat to switch between offense and defense with Gyo . If you can read your opponent's attack you can use Gyo on body parts that would be attacked, protecting them in the process . " Ed was explaining while playing around with his aura with Gyo . "It is difficult to know how much aura to use which can lead to catastrophic results can so be careful . The aura flow is also easy to read in this state so pay attention . "

Ed finished his explanation and trained for a little more . He took a bath and headed to sleep .