Chapter 113

"It's just that they looked so defenseless while fighting . " The Elder Lich scratched the back of his head while speaking . Making him look like a character in a comedy show . Ed was now pissed at him . The serious mood from earlier was now all gone due to the actions of this Lich . 'What the hell happened to his villain acting' . There was no sign of the serious villain with the overwhelming aura by now . Instead, Ed could only see a trickster in front of him . Or so he thought .

"Don't make a mistake boy . It's not fair play all the time . Try your best to protect them . " After speaking, the Elder Lich disappeared from sight once more . Ed used the same combination as earlier and waited for him to appear . Both of them clashed with each other tens of times in the span of a couple of seconds . Ed was trying his best to catch up with the slight movements of the Elder Lich . Otherwise, his companions would be in danger .

Raikou was about done with his fight . His opponent was tricky for him at the beginning . But, after using Lightning and Fire magic, he was able to wear him out quickly . The horse and the Dullahan couldn't keep up with the flurry of Raikou's fast attack . After seeing an opening, Raikou's mouth opened as he conjured a large fireball . As he released it, it didn't look much different from a dragon's flame roar . Ending the Dullahan, he went to assist the others . The best thing he could do now was to kill the remaining Dullahans in order to allow Ed to focus on the Lich .

Suika was almost done as well . She was able to dodge most of the attacks by foreseeing their trajectory and manipulating her slime body in a way that allowed her to dodge them . She used multiple debuffs from her Black magic on the Dullahan and his horse . Slow, Sleep, Bind, and Poison were all used . Her opponent looked like a drunken man wobbling around . Suika went in for the kill as she joined both her hands . She transformed them into a huge guillotine-like blade and swung . The Dullahan and the horse were both split in half from the head down .

"Your companions are incredible," The Lich spoke to Ed as they clashed in the air . They were like a cat and a mouse . Ed was following every movement the Lich did in order to intercept him . "Of course . They are my prized friends!" Ed spoke as he smiled and continued his clashes with his opponent .

Suika and Raikou tried to aid Gobuta and the others but were stopped . The three of them seemed to want to finish the fight on their own . Goburou was using his speed to dodge the attacks . But, it was the same for his opponent . None of them managed to land any attacks on each other . However, it was going to change soon as Goburou looked like he was going to use a special technique . He used his nimble footsteps to back away and clutched his rapier . The red blade shined in the darkness of the night . Goburou thrust his sword to the front . A strong flying slash was released from the tip of his sword .

At first, only a flash appeared, but it was soon followed by debris and a strong gush of wind . A large portion of the Dullahan's, and horse's, body was missing . Gobuta was also about to finish . He had a couple of injuries, but it was nothing serious . His strong physic allowed him to tank those injuries . He also used his super Enhancer strength to overwhelm the Dullahan . Every time his silver-bladed great sword connected with the Dullahan's spear, the latter would be pushed back .

Gobuta used a great deal of power in their exchange, making the Dullahan stunned . He jumped in the air and rotated in the air while swinging his sword . The Dullahan's body was cut into pieces while the horse's head flew in the air . Garu had the easiest time compared to the others . He enhanced himself with Ken and crossed swords with the Dullahan . He was able to withstand most of the attack that managed to break through his guard .

However, as soon as he noticed an opening, he used his specialty magic . Garu used Ice magic, with his sword, and trapped the horse's legs, making him unable to escape . He used his other sword and focused Fire magic on it . It was similar to what Ed did earlier . But this time, a sea of flames didn't appear . Instead, a single line of concentrated fire cut through his opponent . The damaged area immediately caught fire and flames erupted from the wounds . In a couple of seconds, nothing remained .

"Looks like I won't have to worry much now," Ed spoke while looking towards the Lich who stopped targeting his companions . "Seems that way . " The Elder Lich looked as if he was saddened that the cat-mouse game with Ed ended . "Then your last opponent is me," The terrifying aura from earlier reappeared . Ed felt as if he was being crushed since he was so close to it . The Elder Lich flew into the sky and Ed could see purple flame appearing in his hand .

'That can't be good!' Ed's eyes looked as if they were rotating as he activated his Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan . "Hellflame! "Amaterasu!" Both of them used their attacks at the same time . A black flame appeared out of Ed's eye, while the Lich's purple flame erupted out of his hand . Meeting in the middle of the air, the two flames merged together transforming into a great explosion . Ed backed away so as not to get caught . Ed's Amaterasu seemed to consume the purple flame as it made its way towards the Elder Lich . The latter flew away from the attack's direction .

"Hohoho, to be able to use such dangerous flames . And of such quality," He seemed to praise Ed's ability . "Same to you . " Ed swung his sword with great force, sending a flying slash . The slash took away with it all the areas that had been 'infected' by the two flames . It would be dangerous if they were to injure someone .

Ed and his companions stood in front of the Elder Lich who was flying in the air . They were going to finish the fight .