Chapter 81

Ed woke up in his room . Two days had passed since his killing spree . Raikou, Gobuta, and Goburou were standing guard next to him for these two days . Raikou left sometimes to get something to eat since he needed food . "I guess it wasn't a dream after all..." . Tears were forming in Ed's eyes as he was finally registering what happened .

"Thank you, guys . " Ed could see that the worried expressions of his companions lessened after he woke up . He recalled Gobuta and Goburou, allowing to rest . Raikou went into his shadow, as Ed was getting ready to leave . He took all his belongings and stored them in his Inventory .

"I need to make a stop first . We'll leave afterward . " Ed wasn't going to stay in this academy . Other than the friends he made here, nothing would benefit him . Even the library that interested him wasn't as appealing as before . He had the system's scan function . As long as he doesn't start the fight immediately, he can figure out the strength of the monsters .

Ed made his way into academy grounds . He was looking for either Harry or one of his friends . He needed to know what happened while he was asleep . It didn't take long for Ed to meet one of them . Hayato was at the entrance of the academy as if waiting for Ed .

"You're finally up . " Hayato smiled at Ed . He still didn't know what happened to him, but he didn't intend to ask him . Bad memories are not supposed to be remembered, especially new ones .

"Sorry for worrying you . I want you to tell me everything that happened . " Ed didn't want to waste any time . He had a lot of things to do now that he woke up .

"Well, where do I begin..." After speaking with Hayato for what seemed to be 30 minutes Ed finally knew the whole story .

After Ed left, Hayato and the others kept subduing the mind controlled students one by one . After finishing, they found that only 98 students were present . Norris and Ed weren't present in the scene . When Ed heard this he got an idea about how the students were controlled . Norris acted as an insider of the academy . His timely disappearance was too much of a coincidence . This could also explain why students kept appearing as red dots in Ed's map .

'If only I acted before...' Ed was blaming himself for not trying to find out why students wanted to harm him . 'If I did that maybe Eri and the children would still be alive...' Ed was blaming himself . But he knew that it wouldn't do him any good to keep feeling sorry for himself . What is gone is gone . He would get revenge, but he needed to make sure that those that remained were okay .

Hayato also told Ed that the army was able to kill the monsters . Some Heavenly Establishment monsters were also present but were killed by the general . Emilia left for her country earlier than Ed . She and Norris were from the same country, so she needed to know how the Blood sect got to him . Ed was worried about her . If the Blood sect had control of her country, then she would be in trouble .

Some of Ed's friends stayed behind to check on him . Ed met them one by one and thanked them . Then he teleported back to the castle, he needed to meet the king . Ed met up with Alicia and asked to arrange a meeting .

"You don't need to arrange anything . My father wanted to meet with you after you woke up" Ed was surprised to hear this, but he was also glad . This way he would save some time .

Ed made his way to the room where the king was at . It was not the throne room, but an office room like Arthur's .

"I was told you wanted to see me . " Ed knocked on the door and entered . He was already familiar with the king, so he was allowed entre by his butler .

"Yes . I'm sorry to ask this of you right after you woke up . But, we need your help to know if anyone within the higher-ups in being controlled" . Ed's ability to distinguish those affected was very valuable right now . The king was ready to pay for Ed to help him .

"I'll do it, but on one condition" The king nodded his, showing that he would agree . "I want to know the person who ordered the army to leave the slums unprotected" . Even though Ed was going through a lot the day of the attack, he was still observant enough . The army was recalled back to the area where the nobles stayed . The slums were left totally unprotected . He wasn't going to leave the person who ordered this alone .

"I don't mind . But, I want you to promise not to kill him if he was one of the people controlled" . Ed agreed since he wasn't going to kill someone innocent . He should be able to handle his anger well enough .

After reaching an agreement, Ed stood by and waited as the people who were going to be inspected came inside . Even the royal family was present .

"I want to know who ordered the army to fall back and leave the slums unprotected . " The king didn't forget his promise to Ed . "Me your majesty . There was no need to protect those scum" An army lieutenant who looked like he was 25 years old answered the king . He was of noble birth and seemed to have a personality close to Norris' .

Ed inspected all the people inside . He found that about half a dozen was in a state similar to those who were controlled . But none of them were from the royal family . And the lieutenant from earlier wasn't one of them .

Ed took his leave and went into one of the room that he asked the king to prepare for him . He changed into his black disguise set and left the castle while using Zero sign . Then, he went into one of the rooftops, waiting for the lieutenant to come out .

Ed didn't want to kill him in front of other army officials . That would give some of the rotten nobles a reason to question the king's authority . However, no one would question anything if the man was killed outside .

Soon enough, the man came out and Ed appeared in front of him .

"You want to fight me? I'll have you know I'm at Earth Establ-" . Before the man could finish his words, Ed appeared in front of him and smashed his face with a punch . He used almost his entire aura and focused it with Ko . Ed had powered up by killing so many monsters the other day, the man had no chance of retaliating .

Ed disappeared before the man's friends could even react . An army lieutenant was killed that day by a masked man . Yet no one dared to speak about this incident afterward .