Chapter 197

The Blood army got a second wind after their commanders joined them . What felt like fighting a single soldier, switched to fighting a single giant organism connected by its head, the commander . The commanders of the coalition army needed to work even harder than before . They needed to worry about the commanders and about their soldiers' morale .

Hayato stopped charging in, and instead, switched into strategy . He split the army this time into five 20 . 000 or so men battalions under the lead of him, Bard, Audun, Eric, and Griffin . After Ed got locked into combat with the strongest commander, they retreated back to study the change in the enemy lines . Both sides did the same thing . After splitting his army, Hayato led the charge with his central army charging first . Then the right and left wings followed . As the enemy focused first on him, they didn't react in time to the other four armies' synced charge .

At least it seemed that way . It was, in fact, a bait, to get the commanders locked in combat at the front . The enemy commanders started killing them from behind . They could have succeeded, if not for the existence of Gobuta and Raikou who instantly killed two weak enemy commanders . The others noticed this and killed as many people as they could before retreating .

Ed and the enemy commander were locked in aerial combat . Neither one of them holding the advantage over the other . Each time they crossed weapons, they caused shockwaves similar to thunder sending both of them dozens of meters farther each time . After a couple of minutes of combat, they ended up on the right battlefield .

"Edward..." Emilia noticed him and frowned . She was worried about him and his behavior lately, but she couldn't spare him much thought as she was locked into combat . The right and left armies had it worse compared to the central one . In the first two days, they needed to fight monsters mostly, so they could manage . But on the third day, the soldiers of Blood sect switched, and now it was a mix of Beastmen and Oni .

Emilia was worried about Ellie at first, seeing as how she needed to fight her own kin . However, she didn't need to worry as Ellie could see the big picture . A certain Oni female blocked Emilia's path while saying, "Remember me?"

Emilia didn't care about this, but she did remember the face . It was the Oni that fought against her in the tournament back in the academy . She also remembered how troublesome her barrier was .

"I don't have the time for you . " Emilia unsheathed her white rapier that reflected the light of the sun . In one gentle thrust, a glacier emerged out of nowhere, trapping the Oni girl, her barrier, and dozens of soldiers behind her . Emilia didn't want to use this a lot, as there was a risk of hurting her own allies .

"Oooooh!" The soldiers cheered as they saw how Leonard managed to best one of the enemy commanders . He was hurt in the process, as the enemy had a higher cultivation, but Alicia supported him by using Healing magic . The left army was going through a similar process where they managed to kill many of the stronger foes . But still, everyone had an uneasy feeling in their hearts .

Ed told them that the enemies would have many Immortal Establishment fighters . But, they only encountered a handful of them . They were all worried about when the true assault by their enemies will start .

They also worried about Ed himself, as they could no longer see him due to how far he and his enemy traveled .

"Kuh!" Emilia noticed how Ellie got blown away by someone . She had dismounted, as she needed to since she fought barehanded . She looked towards the one who sent her flying, and it was a Beastman as well .

"You traitor . Look at you, the only beastmen in this army of humans . You bring shame to the nobles of our kingdom . " The beastman had two pointy, grey wolf ears and seemed to be in his late twenties .

"I'm not a traitor, your royal family is . The fact that you would side with these murderers brings shame to our whole race, not just our kingdom . " Ellie didn't take his words lying down . Instead, she retaliated as she looked at Emilia .

Emilia understood that Ellie needed help and didn't need a second confirmation . She descended from her horse and joined her friend . The two of them started fighting against the man, who seemed to be a prince of the beastmen kingdom .

Similar to Ellie, he seemed to have an enormous physical power, and on top of that, he could use magic . The three of them flew high as they could fight freely in the sky . The man was at Immortal Establishment level 1 . Similar to Snake whom they fought back in Scale kingdom . Back there they needed to fight with so many people, but now the two of them felt like they could take him on . From the start of the war, they felt their cultivation increasing abnormally .

"You annoying fly!" The prince seemed to be fed up with Emilia, as she blocked his attacks with ice blocks every time . He switched his focus to her, which proved to be a mistake . Emilia conjured over twenty fire spears and manipulated them with her QI . The prince didn't struggle with them, as he used his own QI to disperse them . But, he forgot about Ellie, who appeared at his right side, hitting him with her full power .

The prince lurched as he felt the pain go through his whole body . He flew even higher and brandished his claws . He swiped with both his hands a couple of times, sending tens of flying slashes . They couldn't be blocked with Emilia's ice glaciers alone, causing both her and Ellie to get injured . But, they didn't remain injured for long as they brought out Ed's potions and drank them .

The fight resumed, and the prince seemed to be losing as each second passed .

"Wait! If you kill me! Your whole family back in the kingdom will be executed!" The prince seemed to beg for his life, as he knew what would happen to him .

"Don't worry . After we win this war, I'll go back there and kill your whole treacherous family . " Ellie approached his beaten and battered body .

"Do you really believe that you can win?!" The prince seemed to panic more and more as she approached him .

Just as she was close enough, he brought out a round ball . It was the same ball the man who attacked Scale two years ago used to teleport . But, before the prince could activate it, his hand froze along with the ball .

"We won against you, didn't we?" Emilia told him as she froze his whole body . Ellie then proceeded to shatter it and his body .

Just as the two of them tried to enjoy their victory, they noticed something . Ed's monsters were nowhere to be seen . Just as they tried to search for them, they saw two figures coming from the distance .

Their hearts beat faster and the two of them could feel as if they were bleeding . The two figures flew above the armies and stopped above the central one .

"Is this all you have?!" The Immortal Establishment level 4 commander returned with a lifeless body in right hand, as his left one had disappeared .

"EDWARD!!" As his allies saw his body, they screamed as tears filled their eyes .