Chapter 61

"For now, I've seen what you can do . I recommend that you do not engage in direct combat . It's the same as I said earlier, however, I'll be giving you some strategies to follow . " Ed was looking at his classmates while speaking . In case they wanted to win, they had no choice but to follow his advice .

"First of all, you can trick opponents . I'd recommend that both teams either have someone who can use Earth magic or some people who can work together and have Fire, water, and Wind magic . The reason for that is simple . Hayato help me out in this for a bit . " Ed looked towards Hayato and beckoned for him to come .

"You can use Earth magic to make traps such as pitfalls or walls . You can even make a small hill where you will be hiding the flag under it . They never told us we can't hide the flag, only not to move it . Next up is Mist . I don't think anyone here can use make Mist directly from their QI; so I'll be showing you how to make it . " Ed liked science quite a lot so he knew lots of things . "Hayato make some Water . " Hayato did as Ed told him without any questions . He created a huge water ball and kept it in the air .

"Next up is making water vapor . Whoever can use Fire magic will be in charge in this instant . " Ed used his fire magic to completely vaporize the water . "And while the vapor is still around, you'll have to cool it fast . " Ed used Wind magic in this case and suddenly mist started forming . It completely surrounded Ed making it hard to see him even from close up .

"Although Mist is a good idea, it can be used against you . Anyone will be able to notice a huge mist dome inside the forest . " Ed was also pointing out the weaknesses of whatever he told them . "Now, most people would think that the flag is right in the middle of the mist ball . I'd recommend that whoever is controlling the mist move it around to confuse the opponents even further . " He also told them a few more strategies to help them hide the flag .

"These were all strategies to protect the flag . As for fighting strategies, I'd recommend either Hit-and-Run tactics, which can be done by the fastest person around or baiting the opponents . You can make someone act as if they are going to fight one on one, and have them retreat . Then you'll take out whoever came as a group . You may think it's a dirty way of fighting, but a win is a win no matter what they say . " Ed could guess what they were thinking so he quickly added . He finished his session by going into some more strategies . Just as Ed was planning to leave, Ellie stopped him .

"You may have beaten me earlier in speed, but not fighting . Let's fight, now!" Ellie made sure to grab him by the shoulder so he wouldn't run away .

"EH, I'm tired so maybe some other day . " Ed still wanted to find some way out .

"If you're tired I'll give you some of the pills I got from my family . Think of it as thanks for the pills you gave me the other day . " Hayato quickly noticed Ed trying to run away and threw him under the bus .

'T-This bastard...' Ed looked at Hayato in disbelief and sent him a look that said 'I'll get back at you' Hayato simply laughed . Although Ed knew he was simply playing a joke on him, this was the second time he didn't help him when Ellie tried to fight him .

"Sigh . Guess I have no choice let's go over there . " Ed pointed towards the middle of the training hall and moved there with Ellie . Soon, both of them took stances and got ready for a fight . Ed made sure to remind her that it was only a spar and no one should get hurt, although it seemed to fall on deaf ears as Ellie seemed focused solely on beating him .

'This'll be troublesome so might as well finish her off...' Ed didn't want to lose to her on purpose since it would be even more annoying . 'Might as well use that...' Ed looked at Ellie and felt sorry for her . 'I'll be bullying you a little . . . ' .

Ed activated his Ren . Although Ellie couldn't see Nen, she still felt an immense pressure coming from Ed . Even the people who were watching from the sidelines felt chills going down their back . Ed took it up a notch and infused killing intent with his Ren while pointing it at Ellie . He saw that Ellie's complexion was becoming white . Anyone who couldn't use Nen, or wasn't stronger than Ed would find it extremely difficult to face him in this situation .

Ellie was nailed to the ground . However, she soon had some regretful looks and forcefully made her QI go berserk to snap out of her daze . Ed noticed this, so he immediately stopped his Ren . He didn't want her to injure herself in her confusion .

"Would you like to stop..." Ed really didn't want to say these words since he knew it would only make her madder, but he had no choice . She looked tired before they even exchanged any blows .

"As if!" Ed's words seemed like they gave her some life force back and she rushed at him . As soon as she reached him, she threw a flurry of blows . They were very fast, fast enough to make Ed activate his Seikūken . He was able to keep up with her now but still needed to block some blows . This kept going for a while without Ed punching back .

After noticing that her attacks were not doing any damage, Ellie finally decided to use her QI punches . However, it seemed like she needed to charge them and then punch, making her very vulnerable . Ed still let her charge her attack . If he was going to beat it would be better if he did after she did her best . Ed also prepared for her attack . He activated his Ren and started concentrating it in his hand . This was an advanced form of Nen, yet Ed was able to do it thanks to his many days of KI control .

Ellie was surprised by the sudden pressure, but she still threw her punch . Ed had activated his Ryūsui Seikūken, making him able to predict the punch's trajectory and stop it with his Ren enhanced hand .

Ellie's punch didn't cause any damage to Ed even though it made the air behind him shake so much; the spectators had to shield their eyes . She looked as if she couldn't believe it until Ed's voice snapped her out of her deep thoughts .

"Let's stop here..."