Chapter 96

Ed was now in a sour mood . His plan to conquer the tower and get back was being delayed by the tower . And it was only the third floor .

'Stupid tower' Ed kicked the snow in front of him . Raikou was actually having the time of his life . Laughing at Ed's misfortune . He was right next to Ed this time, not in his shadow . Ed was angry so he was using Fire to melt, and immediately evaporate the ice . This caused the temperature to rise around him . But, neither Ed nor Raikou minded it .

Ed continued to explore the floor . He made sure to memorize the location of the Yuki-Onna before leaving . The third floor was gigantic . It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that it was at least in size compared to the Avalon Kingdom . Ed planned to hunt some monsters, but he didn't meet any ones worth killing . Most of the monsters were weaker than him . It seemed that compared to the second floor, this one focused on the weather instead of the number of monsters .

The weather in this place was horrible . Sometimes it would snow, and sometimes there would be a blizzard . Ed couldn't even cook his food without having to find a cave first . This time, other than eating, Ed focused on meditating . He would activate Ten and meditate in such a state . He also tried to enter a state of calmness like when he activated Observation Haki for the first time . This practice helped him calm down considerably compared to before . 'It seems like I'll need to do this at least once a day...' Ed needed to find a way to seal his Berserk skill before it was too late .

A week passed by in the blink of an eye . Ed found himself facing the Yuki-Onna . It was almost identical to the one from last week . "Suu!" Suika stepped up . She was the one who was going to fight the floor boss this time . Ed wanted to make his monsters gain experience by fighting the floor bosses . They would definitely grow stronger from these encounters . Suika didn't get the chance to fight for a long time, so she was particularly excited . Looking at her, Ed got some flashbacks from the time she killed the slime they encountered, and shivers went down his spine . Raikou seemed to react in the same way, indicating that both he and Ed were thinking about the same thing .

Suika transformed into her human form . She looked like a small child in this state . She activated her Ren and dashed towards the Yuki-Onna . Her speed was remarkable, but her opponent wasn't an easy one . The Yuki-Onna seemed to follow Suika's movement with her eyes while putting a hand on her mouth . She was wearing a Kimono, which completely hid her mouth . As soon as Suika got in her range, she moved her hand away and spit an icicle towards Suika . Suika dodged the fast projectile that was sent towards her . But before she could notice, she was surrounded by a thick mist .

'She didn't use this skill last time...' Ed recalled the fight that took place last week . That time, the Yuki-Onna used simple magic attacks and didn't seem to employ tactics . Ed activated his Sharingan so he could follow the fight inside the mist . He noticed that Suika's opponent could tell her position through the mist . This would usually put people at a disadvantage, but Suika wasn't a normal monster . Suika activated her En, which spread around her . She could hold it at six meters . Anymore, and she would be depleted rather quickly . The Yuki-Onna kept sending projectiles of Ice towards her, but to no avail . Suika could dodge everything . On top of that, she could estimate the position of her opponent due to the angle in which the projectile invaded her En . Not even five attacks later, and Suika was right next to the pale woman .

The Yuki-Onna was panicking now . She tried to trap Suika in a coffin of ice but failed due to her opponent's careful planning . Suika transformed one of her arms into a spear-head . Her arm stabbed at the abdomen of the snow woman and penetrated her . Suika seemed to inject something into her . Ed knew that she used her poison . The fight didn't drag on anymore . The poison was acting quickly, and Suika was putting immense pressure on her opponent . Causing her to move more, making the poison act even faster .

Soon enough, Suika beheaded the Yuki-Onna after transforming her hand into a sword . The fight didn't even last five minutes . Both Ed and his monsters were defying the common sense of the world .

The teleportation light appeared once more . It surrounded all three of them as they went to the fourth floor . Ed opened his eyes to find that he was surrounded by walls . He checked up on Suika and Raikou and was relieved finding that they were next to him . Ed opened up the Map and noticed that the fourth floor looked like a maze . An incredibly complicated maze . It wouldn't be a mistake to call it a Labyrinth . Ed was having a hard time figuring it out even when using the Map . The Labyrinth was also filled with monsters . At every corner, groups of monsters swarmed the place .

"This would be a good place to train my spirit!" Ed withdrew his blindfold from the Inventory . If someone were to ask him 'How would it train your spirit?' Ed would have no way to answer them . He put the blindfold on and kept walking ahead . Raikou and Suika couldn't help but let out a sigh . Suika was sitting on top of Raikou's head in her slime form .

Ed deactivated his Map . He didn't want to cheat his way out of the Labyrinth as he thought this would help him with his Haki training . It was true that unusual training brings great results, but Ed's training wasn't anything close to weird . It was borderline insane .

"I'll definitely improve in this floor!" Ed shouted as he was walking, but he didn't notice that one of the ground's rocks was misplaced, making it face up . He tripped and fell on his face right after his arrogant speech .