Chapter 124

Before wrapping everything up, Ed asked the system about the Equipment set he got .

[After activating it, you will be able to see an interface where you can make equipment presets . Anyone preset that is saved can be changed into in a fraction of a second . You won't have to change your clothes or anything like that . However, it is limited to five presets only . ]

Ed carefully examined the words told by the system and made sure he understood them . 'Basically, this is another one of the Game interface elements that weren't included' . Ed reached such an understanding . This 'Equipment set' was similar to the ones from certain games . Even the explanation was almost the same . Still, Ed was glad that he got such an ability . This way he would save up on time .

Ed looked up at the red sky . The sun was just about to set, so he decided to train rather than simply end the day . He also wanted to see the changes that came with his monsters' evolution .

Ed vs . Raikou . Suika and Garu vs . Sieg . Gobuta vs Goburou . All of them decided on such team composition and started sparring . Ed was finding it difficult to keep up with Raikou without using his skills . A gap was created between them when Raikou leveled up . Ed was now thinking about annihilating the floor to attain Heavenly Establishment . After activating many of his skills, the spar was more or less at a standstill .

Suika and Garu could force a draw with Sieg by now . Although they were incapable of breaking his barrier, keeping him at bay was easy enough . Garu's evolution gave the highest all-rounder abilities out of all of Ed's monsters . His durability, speed, and power were all top notch . Even some of the lower leveled Heavenly Establishment monsters would pale compared to him . Especially if he were to use Nen .

"Woah!" Ed and Raikou who were in the middle of sparring were surprised by a purple flying slash . Ed looked at the source and noticed that Gobuta was looking at the sword in his hand . Apparently, a simple swing of his blade was enough to generate such a force . It seemed like he was unable to gauge his new found strength . Goburou was now fighting with elegance . Every move of his was filled with finesse . His sword slashes had an impressive speed that managed to hit with pinpoint accuracy . Gobuta who was able to react to these slashes deserved some praise as well .

The dark went completely dark a couple of hours ago, but Ed created some fire stands to help light up the area . Usually, he would just cook on a campfire, but it was far more convenient this way . The spar sessions ended and Ed was now cooking dinner . It was the camels that they hunted before . The meat of the camel that he butchered was darker compared to beef, but as soft and lean . Maybe even more than beef . To his surprise, the best part of the meat turned out to be the humps . They were filled with tender and juicy meat . Ed could only suppress his hunger while thinking . 'I'm so hungry I could eat a camel!' . As he was preparing the meat, he noticed that all of his companions were intrigued by the delicacy . Even Sieg, who had gotten used to eating food with Ed and the others, seemed interested .

After eating the first steak, Ed and the others couldn't stop . Every piece tasted completely different than the one before . The humps were indeed the best part . None of the meat tasted dry as the camel was a young one . At least it seemed that way . Ed ended up preparing, and cooking, more than three whole camels before everyone was satisfied . 'This might be better than the cockatrice . Maybe I should save one to treat Emilia and the others . ' Ed thought back to the small party they had back in the academy . Thinking back at his time there, it was filled with both loss and gain .

As time passed, Ed and the others gradually fell asleep, with their bellies filled . Only Sieg couldn't share with them the delicacy of sleep . Since Ed spent time sparring in his dimension, not much time was left before it would wear off, so he undid it himself . He got some tents he used and they all slept inside it . Ed almost slept before doing this . It would have been a disaster if the dimension was undone while he was sleeping, and they froze from the coldness .

No monster approached Ed's group . Even if they did, Sieg would take care of it .

After waking up, Ed and the others started searching for monsters again . On the way, Ed was tinkering with the Equipment set he had gotten . The interface had a body in the middle with squares indicating the different pieces of equipment he could set . He did three presets first . All of them had the same thing, an underwear (obviously) and his chainmail armor . The first preset was his usual hunting attire with the leather set . The second one was the black disguise set, while the third one was his white one .

Ed was able to control the switch between them by using his mind only . He didn't need to push any buttons or anything . He played with it a little and noticed that the switch time was almost instantaneous . He kept thinking about what he should use for the last two presets, but he couldn't think of anything .

The group was attacked by a couple of giant worms on the way but was able to dispatch them easily . Upon reaching their destination, Ed noticed that the monsters were a hive of lizard with spikes on their bodies . Sadly, none of them were exceptionally strong . Their most amazing ability was shooting flaming spikes from their body . These spikes would explode upon contact with anything . At first, it didn't seem like a dangerous thing . But as they fought, they noticed that the great number of monsters made it difficult to dodge these spikes from close range . In the end, they simply used long-range attacks to annihilate them .