Chapter 27

As the wyvern was diving down towards Ed, it formed countless ice spears and sent them flying at him . Ed used his footwork and ran while dodging the spears . It was the right choice not to rely on the Seikūken and dodge while standing still . As soon as the spears hit the grounds they blew up and caused ice spikes to form .

Ed kept moving around and dodging until it seemed like the wyvern stopped the assault . It got irritated and decided to kill Ed by itself . It increased its speed and it was immediately near him . Ed was ready for it and got into a stance .

"Let's dance little wyvern!" Ed provoked the wyvern and it got even madder . It disregarded everything and focused solely on Ed .

The fight began with Ed on the defensive . He kept dodging the wyvern and counter-attacking, but the latter was quick with its flight and dodged him every time . Ed knew he wasn't going to end the fight anytime soon this way so he activated the Sharingan and looked at the wyvern's eyes . He was now even more proficient with Genjutsu, but not at the level where he could control monsters .

Ed made the wyvern trapped in a Genjutsu and it came falling down . He used Wind blades on his sword and shouted . "Sai Kuru!" He could now understand why characters in anime always screamed attack names; it gave them a certain feeling of power and dominance .

As Ed was using his skill, he held his swords in front of him pointing up, like rhinoceros horns and spun quickly . Along with the wind blades, this gave him the image of a cyclone .

The falling wyvern couldn't dodge this time and was hit by the full brunt of the attack . Its wings were now useless and it wouldn't be flying anymore . The pain made it snap out of its daze and the Genjutsu lost its effect .

With it now being flightless, it lost its advantage over Ed and was paying dearly . Although Ed deactivated the Sharingan he could still react to the now clumsy attacks of the wyvern .

"Raikou!" Soon Ed called upon his companion who was waiting at the side . The wyvern looked shocked since it forgot such a strong opponent; its anger towards Ed made it lose its intellect . And it was now paying dearly since Raikou had gathered up a fireball that was huge enough to blast it away .

The fireball hit the wyvern and caused it to be burnt severely, Ed used this chance to cut its head .

*Ding*

Obtained 3000 exp .

"Suika, Raikou let's move!" Ed didn't waste any time so he stored the wyvern's body and headed off to look for the second one .

"System, can I use the map to find out about the location of the other wyverns?" Ed didn't waste time and asked for the assistance of the system .

[Since this is a quest you can check the map and the specific monsters will be represented as big red dots instead of normal ones]

Ed checked the map and found that the nearest wyvern to him was the Steel wyvern . He quickly made his way to him and found him sleeping . He was living close to the ice wyvern .

"Scan the wyvern" Ed did the same checkup as before .

Name: Steel wyvern .

Cultivation: King establishment (Level 4) .

'If I'm lucky all the wyverns will be as strong as each other'

Ed conjured up a couple of flame and wind arrows and sent them at the sleeping wyvern . They hit him and Ed waited before moving . It seemed like it didn't have any effect as the wyvern stood up and looked at the individuals who attacked it .

"As expected, its defense is its selling point . Raikou try to stall him while I find a chance to attack . Suika wait for my order and get ready to poison him!" Ed informed his companion about his plan and they immediately followed .

Raikou headed to the wyvern; that was now up and waiting, and started fighting it . It used its speed to dodge its attacks while using lightning and fire magic to attack it . The attacks didn't have an effect on it as its scales were too hard . It also seemed like it could use lightning magic so it could absorb it when it hit it .

When Ed noticed the wyvern's attention fully focused on Raikou he got close enough to it and withdrew his Murasame . He also put Murata-tou in its sheath and took a drawing stance .

'Lucky for me I have a technique that can cut through steel'

"Ittoryu Iai: Shishi Sonson" Ed used this skill for the first time in a while . He moved at an incredible speed and cut the wyvern's boy . He then turned around and called Suika . "Suika! Now!" Suika moved quickly and used a poison attack on the stunned wyvern .

After this, it was only a matter of time before they won . The poison dulled the wyvern's movements while Ed and Raikou's combination of attacks didn't allow it to escape .

Obtained 3000 exp .

Obtained Gacha ticket .

"Great job you guys!" Ed was pretty satisfied with the hunting capabilities of him and his companions . They could now hunt strong monsters without getting injured . He then decided to take a small break and eat some food . He was running low on meat so he decided to change the menu and cook a vegetable and meat stew this time . He seasoned it and used his remaining meat on this dish .

Raikou didn't look too happy at the menu change but changed his mind after tasting it . The meat was tender and lean while the vegetables enhanced its taste .

The trio made short work of the stew and got up to continue hunting . They then continued looking for the remaining wyverns . According to the map, Ed now had the earth wyvern as its next target . However, he decided to hunt some cow monsters to restock on his meat supply .

The cow monsters were just extra large cows . They didn't pose any challenge at all, after hunting a couple of them Ed continued to look for the earth wyvern . A little less than 10 minutes later he found it wandering inside a forest .