Chapter 170

Ed and Hayato spent quite a bit of time trying to recreate the map they got from Blood sect . Ed's Calligraphy skill came in handy in order to decipher the scratched out words on it . Thankfully, they managed to perfectly replicate the map on the first day . They got some help from other people who were good at drawing in Avalon . This way, they managed to keep creating maps that would help them in their war against Blood sect .

"Take these to Kaeborg, Avalez, and Titan kingdoms . These should be taken to..." Arthur invested time in the distribution of the maps . He delegated some sect members and Elders to make sure the letters are delivered to the kingdoms without fail . The operation started after three days of creating the maps . Dozens of people left Avalon to fulfill their duty . Hayato had told them to leave some maps to him, as he was returning to Ryuu kingdom, and some of the kingdoms were on his way . Ellie decided to stay with Emilia but also helped to deliver some of these maps .

Delivering these was very risky, as some infiltrators of Blood sect could find out about the maps . This would end up destroying the advantage they managed to gain over them . But, Ed had this covered . First, he requested that the messengers would require an audience with the king privately . This couldn't be done usually, but Ed insisted . Unless the respective kings agree, the messengers are to return immediately . If the king does agree, the messengers will have to stall him for as long as possible .

There existed two reasons for stalling the king . The first one allowed the messengers to draw a simple conclusion about the king's stance towards Avalon . i . e if he is an enemy or an ally . The second reason was, which is the main reason, is to allow Ed to teleport towards the messengers . He requested the help of Raikou, Merry, and Sieg . Raikou attached himself to the shadows of all messengers . This way he could track each one of them by appearing under his shadow . In the case of Ed not being available, Merry would go with Raikou by shadow to the messengers' side .

Merry managed to learn a new ability, which is Invisibility . Thanks to her Light magic, she could stop the light from reflecting on her body . This way, she would not be perceived by the naked eye . Her In and Zetsu allowed her to hide her presence as well . Her Invisibility was Ed's idea . He was curious at first if it was possible, and was afraid that she would appear as a black figure once her skill is activated . But he was relieved to see that she disappeared from sight instead .

Once teleported, Merry would inform the messenger to ask a series of question . The answers provided would help her determine the position of the king, as she could read minds .

In the event where Ed and Merry are both unavailable, Sieg would receive the locations of the kings waiting for the answer . He would then deliver them when either of them returns . Sieg proved to be the best for this role . His intelligence, and understanding of his companions' abilities couldn't be bested . Ed's Map allowed him to quickly determine ally from foe so he returned rather quickly .

There were two situations in case they found an enemy . First, they would spin a tale of their sudden visit, such as the request of alliance or help in procuring food . Avalon, of course, didn't need any of them, as they were simply excuses . The first case would happen in Merry's presence . In the second case, Ed would be present in an invisible state by using Zero Sign . Once he finds out that the king in front of him is an enemy, he would create a dimension surrounding all three of the present people . In the dimension, he would determine if the king is a fake placed by Blood sect, or he is being manipulated .

If the king is a fake, then Ed would slay him, granted he is not stronger than Ed . Which was very unlikely, as most of these kingdoms were small ones . Blood sect would not invest heavily in weak kingdoms . If the king is being manipulated by illusion or some other technique, Ed would put him under an even stronger influence using Genjutsu . His Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan meant that his Genjutsu was almost unparalleled . Once he is successful in freeing the king, he would explain the situation and return to Avalon . Ed resorted to using his dimension ability, as it helped with both time and silence . It was a gamble since he is showing one of his abilities, but it was a needed sacrifice .

When Ed finishes up with a king, he would teleport back to Avalon, leaving the rest of the things to be explained by the messengers . This went on for almost two weeks . Messengers who had to travel the farthest were the reason why it took so long . But, it was a necessary thing to do so they had no choice .

By the end of the second week, it was finally Hayato's turn . Ed was available so he teleported to him, as he had given everyone a sigil . Hayato's sigil was a metal one, meant to last for a long time . Ed planned to visit his Ryuu kingdom once everything settles down in their continent .

"Edward! Come out!" Once he teleported he noticed that the room had some two people in it, other than Hayato . Of course, he wasn't mad as one of them was his acquaintance .

"Leon!" Ed undid Zero Sign and went in to meet his friend . Hayato had reached Avalez kingdom in two weeks since he was traveling by horse . He did this in order to save up on his strength in case he ends up meeting an enemy .

"I knew you didn't die!" Leon surprised Ed by a bear hug, which caused Ed to return it . It was a strong man hug filled with brotherhood! Leon didn't change much over the past two years . He only got a goatee and his muscles bulked up even more .

"Hahaha, thanks for believing in me . " Both of them started speaking for a while . Ed asked him about the situation of Liza and Charlie, who were Leon's teammates in the academy . Ed was relieved to know that both of them were doing okay along with their kingdoms . He didn't get to meet them, as both of them were probably handled by Merry .

"Ehm, nice to meet you, Edward, my name is Alaric Avalez . " An elderly voice sounded inside the room . Ed turned back to look at the source only to realize he had ignored the king all this time .

"Forgive me, nice to meet you, sir," Ed responded politely . He wasn't used to speaking with other kings, as the only exceptions were his father and Scale kingdom's king .

All four people got to talk about their future plans against Blood sect . Ed did a last favor by telling them of the enemies that infiltrated their ranks . He got the king to summon everyone while he hid using Zero Sign . In the end, he knocked down all everyone who was summoned and told the king who the enemies are .

"You should stay so I can treat you to some dishes!" Leon wanted to fulfill the promise between them way back in the academy . But, Ed had other plans to do so he had to decline .