Chapter 140

Ed was stumped for a while . He could have been given a month to guess what monster he would get, and Agumon would be his last . In fact, he might not have made it into the list . Ed was hit by a wave of nostalgia and immediately crushed the two cards . Information about the use of Telekinesis flooded his brain . Pain took over his senses . After a while, His eyes, that were clouded by the pain cleared up . In front of him stood a yellow dinosaur-like lizard that was less than one meter tall . His feet and hands had three claws each, and his eyes shone in green brilliance

"Yo!" Agumon raised his arm and waved at Ed . 'His attitude is not any different from the series' Ed thought to himself . "Do you have something to eat?" Agumon's hands caressed his stomach as it grumbled . Ed laughed at the sight and started cooking some food . Everyone ate together as usual, but now a lively addition was added to their ranks .

'How come his rarity is Legendary?' Ed asked the system . He knew that Agumon who is a Digimon, or digital monster, has many evolutions which could be accessed . But, they needed specific conditions .

[The conditions are not in place since you got the card thanks to me . ] The system's words helped Ed relax . [But, he can only evolve three times . Any more and you would need to unlock it by Upgrade cards] the system explained further .

'Three times . That means only at the Mega form . ' Since Agumon is a Digimon, he was ranked according to his evolution stage . It was divided to rookie, champion, ultimate, and mega . Other evolutions or de-evolutions existed, such as baby forms or super mega forms . Agumon being a Legendary monster meant that he had the ability to access his Mega form directly . Ed felt relieved, as this meant a powerful addition to his team . His twenty Gacha tickets were not a waste .

"It's time to train," Ed announced as he stood up . Thanks to his system, he found out that his dimension could be kept for a total of one normal day . This gave Ed the ability to stay inside for two days . Now, with the eight of them, everyone had their own training partner . Agumon faced off against Ed, who asked him to transform into his champion form . As the light that surrounded Agumon grew bigger and bigger, so did his aura . A gigantic dinosaur emerged, with orange skin that had slash-like blue patches . A brown armored head, and two horns that sprouted out of the side of his head and pointed upwards . Another horn sprouted on top of his nose .

This was Agumon's champion form, called Greymon, and in this state, he was over 6 meters tall . When fighting many weak opponents, his size would definitely give him an advantage . However, that wasn't the case with Ed who was an expert at fighting . Greymon's signature abilities are called Mega Flame, and Great Antler . The first one consisted of spewing out high-temperature flames that rendered everything into ash . The second move was a charge that served to impale the opponent with his front horn . Both of these moves did not work on Ed .

Seeing that the battle was one-sided, Ed asked Greymon to evolve once more . Or since he's a Digimon, it would be more accurate to call a digivolution . Agumon's Ultimate form is MetalGreymon . As the name suggests, it is Greymon with a mechanized body . But, not all of its body is turned into metal . Instead, its head, chest, and left arm are made into a machine by a metal called Chrome Digizoid . MetalGreymon's head looks like a metal helmet thanks to this digivolution . He also gains three pairs of dragonfly-like purple wings . Of course, its battle prowess increases tremendously .

MetalGreymon had the ability to fly and use long range attack other than flames . His metal arm could extend and slash, or, the opponent . As it was made from an extremely rare metal, it was very sharp . Ed clashed with MetalGreymon a couple of times and deduced that his armor was very tough . Ed would need to use Haki and Nen in order to break through it . MetalGreymon's strongest ability was the Tera Destroyer . He releases two missiles from his metal chest . The explosion that resulted was incredibly powerful, that it made everyone stop to look at it . 'They did say that is was comparable to a nuclear blast...' Ed thought with a wry face .

"We'll stop here for today . " Ed stopped the training before Agumon could undergo his digivolution to Mega form . After the training, all of them took a bath and ate once more . Ed cooked up two different dishes, one camel, and one boar . He was thinking about whether or not to use the bison meat he had but decided on another day .

Morning came, and as Ed was preparing to enter the mountain, he was surprised by Raikou and Gobuta's requests . Both of them asked Ed if they could remain here . Apparently, the shadows and darkness were beneficial to both of them . Ed could understand Raikou's case since he is a Shadow Wolf, but he didn't know about Gobuta . Thanks to the system's explanation, he knew that Gobuta's race title (Demon Lord) gave him an affinity with darkness . Absorbing it in this barren land where light can't reach would definitely improve his abilities .

Ed also asked the system about the significance of the title .

[What you will hear next will shock you . ]Indeed Ed was shocked . By the system's words that sounded like a cheap advertisement .

[As a Demon Lord, he has the ability to command other monsters . Currently, the number is set to five monsters, but it will increase if he evolves . Also, the monsters will be turned into cards, but won't be counted into the maximum amount which is now ten . This is only if Gobuta is summoned, if he is not they will count . ] Ed was indeed shocked . He didn't notice it when he summoned Agumon, but the number of monsters he could summon t once had increased . Still, Ed didn't forget to ask the important question . "How does he get these followers?"

[Either monsters choose to follow him on their own, or he simply kills them . He killed many monsters before, but his ability didn't activate as both of you didn't know about it] . Ed always wanted to ask about his title but didn't have the chance . It wasn't exactly a loss since not a single monster, other than Mehen, impressed Ed .