Chapter 109

Usually, Ed would avoid other humans in this tower . Yet this time, his curiosity got the best of him . The person in front of him looked like a young female woman . Ed wanted to know why she would be alone in such a foggy place . Unlike Ed, most people challenged this tower in groups . Only eccentric people would venture alone to overcome their limits . Ed got close enough to see the woman clearly . She had red hair that went down to her hips . He could only see her backside so he didn't know other features .

"Ehm . Excuse me miss?" Ed finally lost to his curiosity and extended his hand towards the woman . For some reason, his heart was beating hard . The women didn't move at all . She stood still as if glued to her position . Suddenly, when Ed's hand finally touched her shoulder, she turned around . "Aaaaah!" Ed got frightened by what he saw . The woman in front of him had a pale blue skin . Her eyes were unfocused and bloodshot . She starting walking while staggering, towards Ed . Her hands were extended in front of her, trying her best to catch Ed .

"Why the hell is there a zombie here? Did I mistakenly get sent to Raccoon city?" Ed rushed backward and tried to run away . In the heat of the moment, he forgot that he could easily kill such a being . He turned his head back to check on the zombie girl . Only to see her previously unfocused eyes were now filled with determination . She took a running stance and sprinted towards Ed . Her speed would have won her many gold medals back on Earth .

"Zombie shouldn't ruuuuuuun!" Ed screamed at the top of his lungs . His companions who were running with him didn't know why he was acting so weird . Ed's fear of horror resurfaced on this floor . After increasing his speed, he was able to lose the female zombie . He was catching his breath when he suddenly heard some grunting noises . He looked around only to see himself surrounded by such beings . Ed felt as if he was stuck in a horror movie . And he was one of the extras that would die first .

Thankfully, Ed was woken up from his daydreaming by Gobuta who slayed one of the zombies . Seeing this, Ed finally remembered that he was a cultivator, not a teenager in a zombie movie . 'Well, that was embarrassing' Ed finally collected his thought and calmed down . He activated his Map, which he should have done earlier, and noticed that this floor was infested with enemies . He scanned a couple of the zombies in front of him . Most of them had a cultivation higher than Earth Establishment level 5 . 'They are most likely cultivators who died in this floor' Ed thought to himself .

Ed and his companions easily killed the cultivators . Apparently, they didn't retain all of their strength after becoming undead . No one managed to drop a Gacha ticker, but Ed was able to gather quite a bit of Exp . Every single one of them gave him Exp higher than 10 . 000 . Ed didn't like this floor at all, but it was a good way for him to farm experience points . He was going to stay here for a couple of weeks in order to train .

After hunting more monsters, Ed found out that the zombies were the lowest class monsters of this floor . Many other undead monsters inhabited this floor . Such as Ghouls, Wraiths, and Skeletons . Ed only met with a couple of them but didn't kill them . He was simply gathering information for now . He surveyed the area around him, but there was no sign of the floor boss . Ed wanted to pinpoint its location before hunting, so he could easily come back .

Ed opened a pocket dimension and set the Gravity for 10 times . He decided to change the training regime . This time, he would be sparring with others . The basic training did indeed help him, but he required a faster improvement . Now that he was able to summon all of his monsters at once, it would be a shame if he couldn't engage in combat with them . Ed's training partner was obviously Raikou . Gobuta with Suika, and Goburou with Garu . All of them took the training seriously, as even weapons were allowed .

Ed and Raikou's sparring went as expected . Both of them didn't use their full power as Ed didn't want to exhaust himself, causing the dimension to collapse . However, things were different for Suika and the others . After evolving for another time, Suika's abilities outclassed Gobuta's and the others . Her basic abilities and her QI reserves were now many times greater . Gobuta had to use En to keep up with her movements . But, after using some of her debuffs on him, he quickly lagged behind . Goburou and Garu were about the same . Neither of them could overcome the other's strong points .

Goburou had a speed far greater than Garu's . While Garu's strength and endurance outclassed Goburou's . Garu could also heal some of the wounds he got from Goburou's rapier . His healing was similar to regeneration at this point . After about an hour, they stopped the sparring and Ed distributed some healing pills . The rest of their time was spent training in some form or the other .

After the eight hours were up, Ed got out of the dimension and started his hunt . The first monsters he met this time were the Ghouls . Ghouls were like a higher version of zombies . They looked more human as their skins weren't as rotten as zombies' . But, they could be distinguished by their pale skin and their black-red eyes . Being higher ranked than zombies meant that their abilities were also ranked higher . Most of them could use techniques that they used while they were still alive .

Ed decided not to engage many of them at once since he didn't know what abilities they could be hiding . The first couple of ones he killed were a group of three . Ed wanted to finish off the first one by using Space magic and teleporting behind it . Yet, as his sword was about to pierce the Ghoul, it disappeared . Ed was surprised and looked back to find the Ghoul standing there . 'Space magic or a substitution technique...' . Many techniques that could save one's self, existed . So this Ghoul might have practiced one of them . They generally couldn't be used many times in succession .

The only problematic opponent was the one who dodged Ed at first . The rest of them fell down easily due to Ed and his companions' strength . Also, it wasn't Space magic so the first Ghoul was also killed easily .