Chapter 164

Emilia felt warm inside once she heard Ed's words . She knew that her words were incoherent, but she truly cared about her friends and didn't want to lose them . She still had the thought of ending her life but knew that Ed wouldn't let her do it . She had no choice but to give up .

"What is that, some sort of proposal?" Emilia chuckled at Ed's last sentence and tried to tease him .

"Yeah, something like that . " However, Ed's answer caused her to blush a little . Ed noticed this but didn't point it out . Instead, he withdrew one of his specialty potions and gave it to her . Her wounds weren't severe, but it wasn't an easy thing to fight with them . But, thanks to Ed's potion, most of them quickly healed up .

"By the way, who is 'we'?" Emilia remembered that Ed mentioned a lot of people coming to save her . She wanted to know who put themselves in danger for her .

"Hayato, Ellie, Alicia, and my companions," Ed answered her, only to be asked another question .

"Companions? Like Suika and that black wolf?" Emilia remembered those that were with Ed .

"Unfortunately, not them . Suika wanted to come to save you but needed to stay behind and heal some of the injured . The wolf is called Raikou by the way . " Ed explained to her, and they finally got back to the castle . As they went into the corridor, they noticed a great number of guards laying down unconscious .

"This is what you did earlier?" Emilia remembered a sudden outburst of power from Ed and linked it to the incident here .

"Yeah, it's something similar to a QI burst, but much more useful," Ed explained it in words she could understand .

"So, where is your mother's body?" Ed got them back on track . Emilia only wanted one thing from this country, and that is her mother's body . Ed didn't know how her mother was killed, or who did it, but he was going to help her retrieve the body at least . He was also afraid that the body would be too injured, causing Emilia to grieve too much when seeing it . So, although it wasn't an appropriate time, he had to ask her .

"It was the Poison sect's master . He's from the lower continents, and he also joined the Blood sect . Due to Norris' help in infiltrating and brainwashing students, they agreed to help him take over the country . " Emilia explained to Ed, and he got a little wary . If the poison sect's master could kill Emilia's mother, that meant he was very powerful . Since he was confident enough to cross over continents in order to do it .

"What's the deal with Norris? Hayato told me you were going to take care of him . " Ed needed to ask this question, so as to put his mind at ease .

"My mother exiled his family after knowing about the incident . But, since Norris' father was a corrupt man who bribed the other nobles, they soon turned against my mother . Soon, the kingdom had many rumors spreading through it . 'The queen wants to sell the country' 'We'll be slaves all our lives' People started turning the rumors into the truth . The years of sacrifices that my mother made were all forgotten . I could see regret in her eyes growing every day . 'How I wish I killed the man and let the kingdom rot' . I believe this is the thought that crossed her mind before she passed away . " Emilia's voice was becoming hoarse as she was speaking . Ed could truly feel both her mother and her pain .

It was one thing to let your family's killer stay alive . But to have the people you protected turn against you was something Ed never wanted to experience . Emilia continued explaining the situation to Ed .

"We didn't hear anything about Norris' family for over a year, until one day his father's head was sent to us . We didn't know why they would do such a thing, but we later learned that Norris killed his father . His father was a rotten man, but he didn't agree with the Blood sect at least . So the Elders of the sect gave Norris two choices . To leave with his family, or to kill them and they would grant him his wish . " Ed frowned upon hearing it, as he knew what Norris had chosen .

"One of his wishes was to take control over the country, as that was both his and his father's goal . Yet, Blood sect told him he could choose another wish as they would grant him this one for his help . I don't know what he ended up choosing, as the things I told you were said by him . He was boasting about how he managed to come to power . But, whatever he chose, helped him gain immense power . He's a lot stronger than before . " Emilia said the last words while looking at Ed . She knew Ed was going to kill him, as he was one of the reasons why he lost Eri and the others back in Scale kingdom .

Ed was thinking exactly what Emilia was thinking . He was going to do everything he could to kill all the ones responsible for the incident . There was also the fact that they targeted his kingdom, which was not a forgivable thing . Ed checked his Map and noticed that a red dot was pacing around at the top of the castle . 'That should be Norris . " Ed thought while checking everything else . The castle was still filled with red dots, which surprised Ed .

"The maids and butlers that worked here, where are they?" Ed couldn't help but ask Emilia . It felt too weird to have nothing but enemies in the castle where she and her mother lived .

"They were all killed since they supported my mother . " Ed could feel the pain in Emilia's voice . He himself lost many of the maids and butlers who were like family to him .

"I don't feel like walking the stairs anymore . Emilia, do you any sentimental value towards this castle?" Ed asked her while looking upwards . The moving red dot right above his head .

"No . " Emilia didn't know why Ed asked such a question but answered it anyway . She had a sentimental bond with the people that lived in these walls, not the walls themselves .

"I see," Ed spoke while withdrawing Muramasa . A small flame orb appeared at the tip of his sword . He thrust his sword upwards . A concentrated flame tornado broke through the floors, all the way to the outside . For those out of the castle, it looked like a flame fountain .

"That's a small greeting, isn't it Norris!" Ed spoke loudly while looking at the figure that was looking down at him from above .