Chapter 31

"Eh eh, ah the bath! Yes, Mister Ed can just go ahead to the back and you can find the bath! But I would recommend settling down in your room first . " Alice was surprised at first but quickly regained her composure and talked like a professional .

Ed decided to follow Alice's advice and headed to his room . There he got Raikou to come out of his shadow and they both relaxed for a while .

'Now then how can I get them to allow Raikou to take a bath with me?' Ed had one more matter to worry about . 'I guess the best way is just directly asking them' .

Ed headed downstairs and called Alice . "Alice, are your parents around . I would like to ask them a favor"

"My mother is outside but my father should still be in the kitchen . Father! I guest wants to talk to you!" Alice ran to the kitchen while calling her father . She soon returned with her father .

He was a middle-aged man who had brown hair and eyes, same as his daughter .

"How may I help you, Mister Ed . Ah by the way my name is Eric" Eric spoke to Ed .

"What a coincidence my brother is also called Eric . As for the matter I want, can we talk in some place secluded" Ed asked in the most polite way possible .

"Sure follow me" Eric didn't understand why such a request but still complied . He took Ed to the storage room next to the kitchen .

"Now Mister Eric, please don't get shocked . Raikou" Ed warned Eric and called Raikou . Raikou came out of Ed's shadow and Eric screamed . It wasn't every day he could see a giant wolf . Alice was near the door and entered when she heard the scream afraid something might have happened to her father .

"Father! What's wrong-" when Alice looked at Raikou, she immediately became pale and fell to the ground . Both father and daughter were now scared stiff .

"You don't have to worry, he doesn't bite hahaha..." Ed didn't know what to make of this situation . Raikou next to him was flustered as well .

"What do you want" Eric seemed like he was shaking but still spoke .

"Ah I wanted to ask if you would allow Raikou to join me in the bath," Ed told them the reason while scratching his head .

""EH?!"" The pair looked like they didn't believe their ears and soon broke into a laughing fit . They felt stupid at being scared of Raikou and Ed who only wanted to take a bath .

"Of course you can just don't scare the customers away" Eric seemed to be back into his friendly attitude and allowed Ed to take his bath with Raikou .

"Thank you very much Mister Eric" Ed thanked him while smiling wryly .

Ed headed straight to the bath and washed . Raikou and Suika also enjoyed the bath as it became a habit for them to join Ed . When Ed got out of the bath he was stopped by Alice .

"Mister Ed I always wanted to ask you, what is that thing on top of your head?" Alive pointed at Suika .

"Ah, her? She's called Suika, a slime she's my companion along with Raikou, the wolf from before .

"Uhm uhm" Alice looked like she was gathering her courage . "Can I play with her for a bit?!" She had sparkles in her eyes . Apparently, she likes animals and was only scared by Raikou earlier because it was the first time she saw a wolf as big as him .

"Sure, do you mind Suika?" Ed didn't forget to ask for Suika's permission .

"Suu~!" Suika didn't seem to mind at all as she jumped down from Ed's head and landed on Alice's arms . The two of them played for a while with Suika jumping around and Alice catching her and stretching her .

After the two were done Ed was notified by Eric that he cooked him a meal and sent it to his room . Ed wanted to pay him but Eric reminded him that it was included in the room fee . When Ed got to his room he found a huge feast . Apparently, Eric took into considerations Raikou and Suika as well . The trio ate and slept immediately, they had been on a long journey .

In the morning Ed woke up by Alice bringing all three of them breakfast . She stayed for a while playing with Suika and touching Raikou's black fur . Then all of them headed out .

Ed planned on selling the wyvern corpses and restocking on a lot of thing such as medicinal herbs, spices... He asked Eric where he should go for selling monster corpses, and he told him that the Scale country has a guild that anyone can buy and sell things at . Apparently, instead of a sect, they have a guild . There are branch guilds in every city while the guild headquarters is in the capital . Anyone can sell things and buy them, but to benefit more one needs to register in the guild .

Ed headed to the branch guild location and got in; everyone inside looked at him but soon returned to their business . It seemed like the cliché situation where someone would try to pick a fight with him wasn't going to happen .

Ed got to the receptionist and she spoke .

"Hello, sir how may I help you?" She didn't forget to smile .

"I would like to sell some monster corpses, where can I do that?" Ed planned to sell only 2 of the wyverns in this branch guild . He would draw too much attention if he suddenly pulled out five elemental wyverns .

"Well then if that's the case please follow me sir" Ed followed the receptionist to the back .

"Where are you keeping the corpses, sir? Should we send someone to carry them?" She asked Ed because she didn't expect him to have it here .

"No need, I have them with me" The receptionist looked at him in surprise as he pulled the corpses out of thin air . She had seen the item box before but she was still surprised .

Soon she called someone to identify the corpses in order to assess the price . The total came to 3000 gold coins . Slightly more than Ed had expected . After leaving the guild, Ed headed to the market and restocked on what he needed and got back to the inn .

Ed had gathered 10 Gacha tickets and it was time to use them!