Chapter 141

Ed and the other spent one month on this dark land . Although Ed could travel up the mountain and come back, he preferred to stay with his companions . While Raikou and Gobuta did their thing, Ed and the others didn't stand-by . Instead, they trained, trained, and trained . Ed now set the Gravity multiplier to x50 . This was the highest he could set and still maintain a long time in the dimension . Instead of two days, he could only stay for one day .

Ed also tried the initiation ceremony of Nen with Agumon and was successful . However, after trying the water divination test, nothing happened to the leave . Ed kept some leaves in his Inventory for such cases, and it proved to be a good idea . Otherwise, he wouldn't have been able to do the test . 'Maybe this means he's a specialist . ' Ed thought while looking at Agumon . "What's wrong?" Agumon asked him with concern as if worried if he did something wrong .

"Nothing . Want something to eat?" Ed told him while smiling .

"Of course!" As usual, Agumon was the most energetic . Maybe it was because he's the one that ate the most .

As they were eating, Ed looked carefully and studied the changes of Raikou and Gobuta . Raikou's size increased a little, but that was not the important change . A dark thick mist was stuck closely to his body . It seemed like a shadow that was stuck between a liquid and a solid state . His QI increased, making his aura a lot stronger .

Gobuta's skin was darker as well, and the tattoos on his arms extended to include parts of his chest, stomach, and neck . Same as Raikou, his QI and aura both became stronger . He also told Ed that he now has the Darkness attribute .

Ed stayed for an extra week to allow Raikou and Gobuta to stabilize their abilities . He was certainly losing time this way, but it was for the sake of his companions . It would also play a useful part in the future if they were to get stronger . After sorting everything out, Ed and the others went inside the mountain . The mountain was large . Large was an understatement, Ed guessed that the base of it was as big as his own Kingdom . After entering, he the first thing he noticed was a ceiling above him . As well as a multitude of monsters .

The monsters were like a basketball in size and released light . Ed scanned them and found out that they are Will-o'-wisps . Each one of them had a cultivation of Heavenly Establishment level 5 . However, they were fairly easy to beat . Their strongest ability was their self-destruction, which was like a small bomb detonation . But this ability failed against Ed and his companions . Each one of them had high defensive capabilities . With their thick layer of Nen, they weren't hurt if they paid attention to the attacks . Ed managed to level up thanks to killing them . He also dropped two Gacha tickets, giving him a total of six .

After doing a check up on the whole base of the mountain, Ed managed to find a spiral staircase . The staircase lead above the ceiling . On the second floor, a flock of three-legged crows filled the whole place . These crows were called Sanzuwu . Their cultivation was Heavenly Establishment level 4 . But, their true abilities were comparable to a level 6 . Ed decided to use his pocket dimension and rest before fighting all of them . There were more than one hundred of the monsters . It would be foolish to challenge them without a full reserve of energy .

Ed spent two days to kill the crows . He used a hit-and-disappear tactic, as he kills a group of them and retreats into his pocket dimension . It was the first time Ed used his ability to keep it open even while he wasn't inside . The crows were extremely ferocious and would attack anyone in sight . If it wasn't for Ed's abilities and his companions, he would have been overwhelmed by them . Due to him leveling up on the floor below, he only managed to gather a good sum of Exp, but not level up .

Ed spent another month in scaling the mountain from inside . As the challenges grew bigger, so did the time needed to surmount them . Two more floors existed before he reached the top . On the third floor, a group of Centaurs existed . At first, Ed wanted to simply look for the staircase and leave . Although they had the lower body of a horse; their similarity to a human made him want to spare them . Yet, the Centaurs were aggressive towards him, which brought his wrath upon them .

'It was my fault for trying to be considerate . ' Ed blamed his naivety and retaliated . The Centaurs only had a high cultivation, but not a strong ability . They used arrows enhanced with QI, and that was it . Their physical abilities were also high, but still lower than Ed's group . After killing them, Ed got nothing except Exp .

On the fourth floor, Pegasus groups existed . They were completely white, and their wings gave them the ability to fly . Unfortunately, they were also aggressive and attacked Ed . Contrary to the Centaurs, Pegasus's abilities were strong . They could use Light magic for healing and support, and Fire magic for damage dealing . In the end, Ed spent most of the month fighting them . Luckily for him, he managed to level up and get one Gacha ticket, for a total of seven .

After climbing the final staircase, Ed found that he was at the top of the mountain . The top was above the clouds, and the sun's light hit him in the face . The inside of the tower was dark, except for the last two floors where the inhabitants used magic to light it up . Only a slight breeze of air filled the place . The mountain's top wasn't pointy . Instead, it was like a dead volcano's mouth . In the middle of it, a majestic building spanned almost the entirety of the top . It was similar in architecture to the Acropolis of Athens . This fact, coupled with the gentle rays of the sun, gave it a heavenly feeling .

'That's the boss' location I believe . ' Ed thought to himself as he advanced to the building .