Chapter 173

As soon as the explosion took place, hundreds of members felt a cold wave of killing intent surrounding them . Ed released the largest range of his En and imbued it with bloodlust . Even the strong members couldn't help but shudder while they felt it . They hesitated to move due to fear, which proved to be a fatal mistake . Ed conjured more than one hundred lances of Fire and Water . He didn't stop there as he used Wind magic to turn them into spiraling lances . In a heartbeat, the lances attacked their targets which had frozen due to fear .

Monsters and cultivators fell victim to this attack . The lances didn't simply hit their target . Instead, they exploded upon impact causing them to affect more people . Ed didn't let up with his assault, as he created two lances each time one exploded . The post was not a fortified city . It was instead a glorified camping site with tents and fires spread all over the place . Ed's initial assault managed to kill a quarter of the people who were confused by the sudden change in their life .

The posts were all hidden, making it unlikely to be found . Even if they were found, they would usually kill the person that spotted them . Ed's sudden appearance disturbed the peace they had created for themselves .

"Who are you?!" Some of the strong cultivators turned up after regaining their composure . They couldn't make heads or tails from the current situation, so they asked Ed .

"Nightmare," Ed said while withdrawing Muramasa . The instant those cultivators' eyes caught sight of the weapon, was the instant they lost their lives . Ed swung his sword in a speed that couldn't be seen by their untrained eyes . Dozens of head rolled on the ground due to a flying fiery slash . By now, even the Heavenly Establishment cultivators and monsters turned up . They couldn't ignore the ruckus, nor Ed's aura which frightened them .

"You! Do you know who you're attacking! You won't get away with thi-" Before one of the men could finish his words, a sword burst out of his chest . "Aaaargh!" A scream was the only thing that escaped his mouth before he succumbed to death . Ed had teleported behind him and finished him off .

"I'm quite busy, so I would appreciate it if you helped me kill you quickly," Ed spoke to them as multiple version of him started appearing . Ed was using his speed clones combined with his Shadow Steps . People could only look in horror as they kept hearing a sword slash followed by a flying head . Suddenly, over a dozen silver knives appeared and started flying around the post . The strongest member of the post had a cultivation level of Heavenly Establishment level 10 . He had a Flare Lion, who had the same cultivation, stay with him at all times .

Both of them turned up at the scene late as they were stationed in the opposite direction . Their pride in being the strongest in the post was shattered by the massacre that Ed was causing . The whole ground was dyed by the red blood of their comrades . Both of them felt a sense of danger rise from the pits of their stomach . Before they could even speak or prove their strength, silver knives appeared . Ed's knives wouldn't lose to any normal weapon . Thus, they hacked the two 'strongest' adding them to the countless bodies lying in the ground .

Less than half an hour later, the previously busy post turned dead silent . Only five members had remained from the original thousand or so . They only remained as they ran away for their lives . More accurately, Ed allowed them to run away . He was always monitoring them with his Map . He wanted to know if they had a way to reach another post of Blood sect . He confirmed his theory, as they headed towards one of the southern posts . The southern post wasn't one that will be hunted tonight so he teleported in front of them .

"I am watching," Ed spoke to them as he appeared like a ghost . Fear took over the bodies of those members . They tried to flee but couldn't . They looked at the black figure in front of them, which they could barely see due to the darkness . They were inside a forest . Being only King Establishment cultivators they didn't have the ability to see as well as the Heavenly ones . Yet, they caught the hand movements of Ed clearly . The hand moved sideways and claimed the lives of three members . The two left alive didn't know what happened, nor did they want to know .

"I will 'always' be watching," Ed spoke to them and disappeared . Ed left them with one last burst of killing intent . It was so dense and so chilling that they soiled themselves . Their hair started going grey . They waited for him to take their lives for many minutes, but he never appeared . They could only walk towards the next post with hesitation . No kingdom would take them in if they knew they're from Blood sect . And only death awaits them in other posts .

"Let's see . There was him, him, her, and him as well..." Ed kept going around gathering the spatial rings of the ones he marked . He marked those he deemed strong enough to have some useful items in their rings . They had one thing in common, a hole in their head . Ed spent a couple of minutes gathering the rings, and then he teleported to Garu's location .

"Oh hey! You're finished as well!" Ed saw a white figure waiting for him near his sigil . Ed looked over to the post and noticed that it was split into many circles . He flew in the sky to take a better look and noticed fire rings and ice rings . It was like an elemental onion with some slashes within it . 'It looks like he let loose like I told him . ' Ed smiled while thinking .

"Master, take this . " Garu handed Ed a spatial ring . Ed was surprised that he got only one of them but soon noticed that he had put spatial rings within a spatial ring . Ed stored them in his Inventory directly, so he never thought about this before .

"Thanks . We destroyed the large posts, so the rest will be much easier . " Ed told Garu while he took his sigil back . He teleported both of them to the next location .

That night, Blood sect felt what a true nightmare is like . The surviving members had a tale to tell to the other posts, 'The Black/White Demon Nightmare is coming' .