Chapter 99

"Raikou get in my shadow" After studying the way to the boss' room, Ed decided to make his way to it . He was the only one who could see the Map, so he decided to run on his own . The Labyrinth was colossal . The way Ed was taking was the shortest, yet it was more than a hundred kilometers long . He would be spending a while before reaching it .

Ed activated his Ren and Spectral Shadow steps . His speed was even greater now that he was an Earth Establishment cultivator . But due to the corridors, he had to adjust his speed every time, making it harder to cover more distance . Ed encountered many monsters on the way . He ignored most of them as he planned to advance to the next floor without being delayed . Ed found it hard to keep check of the map, run, and dodge the monsters . This reduced his overall performance even more . 'I should train my ability to do multiple things at once...' Ed thought to himself .

After running for about four hours, Ed finally stopped . He was close to the Boss' room . But as he wanted to advance to the next floor in perfect shape, he decided to rest for the remaining day . Raikou got out of his shadow, and Ed summoned Suika and the others . "I'll try to use my Mangekyo Sharingan's ability," Ed told them while he activated his ocular skill . The intersecting square he had in his eyes gave them quite the illusionary charm .

"What is the maximum time ratio that I can set?" Ed made sure to ask the system before doing anything . It would be a joke if he were to set some conditions that would wear him out quickly .

[I already told you it was 1:2 . You should be able to keep it up for four real-time hours] the system answered his question . 'That's very good!' This meant that Ed would be able to rest for eight hours without having to undo his dimension .

Ed focused with his right eye . He was creating the pocket dimension . His eye shined with red, looking as if blood was forming inside of it . The space in front of Ed seemed as if it was being distorted by something . Suddenly a 'door' opened as if indicating that Ed should enter . Before entering, Ed focused with his left eye this time, setting the condition for the time shift . He asked the system how he can do it . The answer was simple, Ed should just think of the condition as he activated his eye power .

"Let's go in!" Ed's companions who had been keeping watch while he was setting up the space came close to him . One by one they entered the pocket dimension . The pocket dimension looked like a perfect replica of the corridor they were in . after asking the system, Ed found out that its default view would be set to the already existing dimension . Unless Ed makes a condition to change it . However, that would cost him to be worn out even faster . The size of the dimension was about as big as the training room of the academy . Allowing to rest and train without worry .

"We'll just sleep today . After advancing to the next floor, we'll start training every day in here . " Now that the maximum amount of summons was increased to five, Ed decided to spend more time with his companions . This time, without having to change the members every time . Ed used the tent from before but also bought some extra ones . He set them up near each other and started a fire . He cooked a meal for everyone . It was the first time that they ate together . It was also the first time they slept together .

[Time is almost up . ] The system notified the sleeping Ed . It seemed like it kept check of the time for Ed .

"Thanks" Ed got up and woke his companions . "How do I cancel the dimension?" Ed didn't know many things about this ability . He would need to experiment with it when the time comes .

[You can do the same thing you did when creating it . But this time, think of closing a 'door' instead of opening it] Ed followed the instruction . Although they were abstract, Ed still understood the general idea . The dimension seemed as if it was glass, crumbling down after being smashed . The view didn't change much for them except for one thing . There were monsters in front of them .

Ed and his companions didn't panic . Each one of them rushed at a monster, instantly finishing it off . None of the monsters surpassed King Establishment level 5, so it was easy . Ed was surprised to see that one of the monsters dropped him one Gacha ticket .

"I'll recall you guys, for now, Raikou get into my shadow again" Ed did the same thing as before . He was very close to the boss' room this time . It took him less than 30 minutes to reach it .

The gate of the room looked like a giant sculpture . It was made from rocks and had inscriptions on it . Ed couldn't understand anything . He could only make up a vague shape of a monster . But it wasn't visible as time took its toll on the gate . Ed opened the gate and entered . Much to his surprise, nothing was inside . He was shocked and ran to the middle, hoping the boss would appear when he gets to the center . Nothing happened . Ed summoned all his companions, and along with Raikou, started to scan the room inch by inch .

"No way . It can't be..." Ed's mouth was twitching . He remembered the group of young people that killed the Yuki-Onna in front of him . If they spent a long time to find and kill the boss of this room, Ed might be stuck here for a while . "Those little..." Ed felt as if his strength was leaving him . Every time he thought of advancing quickly, something would stand in his way . He couldn't even leave to search for a teleportation circle . If he takes too long to come back, another group might kill the boss before him . Thus leaving him stuck in this place even longer .

"Guess we'll be training until the boss re-spawns" Ed decided not to dwell on the matter anymore . This was something that could not be helped . Instead, he would use his time to the best of his ability .