Chapter 11

Ed woke up early in the morning like he planned . He opened up the Gacha function since he got 10 tickets yesterday .

'I never tried the monster Gacha so let's try it with 1 ticket, getting a partner for Raikou wouldn't be a bad deal . ' Ed enjoyed his time, although short, with Raikou and thought that more companions wouldn't be so bad .

"System use 5 tickets on weapon Gacha, 2 on armor, 1 on function, 1 on skill and 1 on monster Gacha!" Ed gave out his order to the system .

[Using Gacha tickets x10]

*Ding*

Acquired Kunaix2, Sword, Shurikenx2, Linen underwear, Leather armor, Upgrade card, Wind blade, and slime .

' . . . It's that bloody underwear again!!' Ed was disappointed that he got the underwear again . Anything would have been better . . .

Ed crushed both the wind blade ability card and the slime monster card .

Ability: Wind blade (Rare) .

Able to create wind coatings that are as sharp as swords . Possible to coat weapons for more sharpness .

Monster: Slime level 1 (Uncommon) .

It's a slime .

Master: Edward Avalon .

"System why does the slime have a level? I thought I'm the only one with levels instead of cultivation states?" Ed was weirded out by the description he saw .

[The system was fused with the game interface . Anything gotten from the system will have a game-like desctiption]

"Then what Raikou?"

[Raikou is not part of the system, but he is in a soul contract with host]

Ed didn't mind it much; they were both going to get stronger so he didn't care .

Ed summoned the slime and as soon as it was out it let out a cute voice .

"Suu~~!" It started to jump in its place .

Ed found it very cute, although it didn't have any expression it was round it with a little cowlick on top of it .

"Let's call you Suika, how about it?"

As soon as the slime heard its name it started jumping even harder" Suu~~!!" It seems like it likes its name .

'I got one more upgrade card so what to use is it on?' Ed knew was in a bind . He knew he couldn't use it on the Sharingan since it would be too much for him to handle .

"System can I use the upgrade card on my Two-sword style skill?"

[Host would need 2 Upgrade cards to level up that skill as it is already an epic skill]

Ed suddenly remembered that Suika was an uncommon monster .

"System, are monsters divided by grade as well?"

[Yes everything is]

"Then what is Raikou's grade?"

[Rare] .

'!!' Ed's eyes lit up and immediately crushed the upgrade card

"System use Upgrade card on Raikou"

[Confirmed]

Light suddenly surrounded Raikou but he didn't panic, he knew it had something to do with Ed so it trusted his actions .

After the light went away Raikou looked even more imposing now . Its fur was darker in color and now had purple lightning-like patterns on both his sides . His eyes also turned red .

Name: Raikou . (Fire-Thunder wolf)

Cultivation: Knight establishment (Level 3) .

Ed got another surprise after checking out Raikou's description . It could now use fire as well as lightning magic .

'He's eligible to be a Jounin now . . . ' Ed was chuckling in his mind .

"Well then, Raikou Suika it's time to hunt" Ed got up and prepared to leave . This time he wore his leather armor and shoes .

Becky also knew he was preparing to leave and prepared herself . Although she noticed Suika's existence, and Raikou's changes she said nothing and moved on .

After getting to the forest they started looking for prey . Raikou was quick on his feet, even faster than when he fought Ed . Any small monsters that came across them were instantly killed by him .

The party met another group of wolfs but dispatched them a lot faster this time . The maid Becky didn't even get a chance to intervene this time .

After finishing their hunt, Ed noticed that he leveled up, while Suika was now level 3 and Raikou had advanced to level 4 in the Knight establishment .

"System I know Raikou killed many monsters, but about Suika . She didn't kill any monsters . "

*Ding*

Unlocked Party function .

"Huh, what is that?"

[The Party function allows host's allies to enter a party with and share the exp]

"Shouldn't this be unlocked the moment we made a party?"

[ . . . ]

'It can't be, the system didn't forget, right? Well, whatever' Ed shrugged the matter off as it wasn't important . It was good that he could level up with his party members .

Ed got on the carriage with Raikou and Suika while Becky drove . Becky always had a poker face on so he didn't know how to start a conversation with her, so his trips were always silent . But now Suika and Raikou were around so it was a bit better .

After entering the city, Ed noticed shouts and screams coming from the side of the road . He was curious so he got down and headed that way .

"Humph! How dare you stand in my way when I'm this country's prince?!" It was Eric, Ed's brother . Next to him was Griffin, the number one disciple . Eric was kicking a little boy who seemed like a slum orphan while screaming at him .

After seeing his brother acting in a weird way he started sprinting and when he got there he shouted at his brother "Eric what are you doing?!!" .

Eric turned around to see his brother coming towards him .

"I was just teaching this slum rat not to mess with us nobles" Eric had a weird smile on his face .

"Slum rat? Nobles? What are you talking about? They are our country's people without them NOBLES WOULDN'T EVEN EXIST!" Ed was fuming because of his brother's actions and words .

"Huh? What are YOU talking about? These commoners should be glad to work for us-" Suddenly Ed lunged at his bother and punched him with all his might . His brother might be stronger than him but he was still caught by surprise .

Eric fell to the ground and blood flowed out of his mouth . As soon as he realized what happened he got up, ready to fight Ed . Ed also got ready to fight but suddenly two silhouettes got between them .

It was Becky and Griffin .

Griffin suddenly spoke "Let's stop here . The royal family members shouldn't be fighting among themselves . "

"If you stopped us now, why didn't you stop Eric?!" Ed was still mad so he directed his anger at Griffin .

"I cannot possibly stop the prince when I'm merely a disciple" Ed heard Griffin and realized he was right . It was not his place to change the actions of a royal family member .

"Young master let us return now" Becky spoke at that moment . Eric and Griffin were already on their carriage .

"Wait a moment" Ed moved closer to the orphan who was barely conscious . He looked like he was no more than 12 years old .

"Here eat this" Ed pulled out some of the pills his father had gotten him for his training in case he got hurt and fed them to the orphan .

"I hope you will forgive my brother . He cares deeply about this country, something was wrong with him today . "

After saying that, Ed got back to his carriage and headed to the castle .