Chapter 103

"Isn't that a Kyuubi?!!" In the middle of the crater sat a nine-tailed fox . Ed knew very well how dangerous this type of monster is . It was very famous thanks to an anime back on Earth . However, this fox was different . It had a yellow fur and its nine-tails were not very long . The top of its mouth was white in color, as well as the top of its ears . When it noticed Ed, it released a killing intent that made him get serious in an instant . Ed knew this fight wasn't going to be as easy .

"System what is its rank?" From the killing intent alone, Ed knew that the monster in front of him wasn't normal .

[Legendary] The system confirmed Ed's thoughts . Ed scanned the fox and its cultivation was Earth Establishment level 7 . 'That's quite the jump...' Ed withdrew all three of his swords and got ready . Raikou stood next to him and got ready as well . He looked more tense than usual . Ed didn't summon Suika and the others . This fight wasn't something that they could handle . The difference between them wasn't something they could cover with abilities alone .

Ed and Raikou rushed at the monster, while it did the same . Ed took the initiative by teleporting behind it and slashing . However, he was surprised to see that it stopped one of his swords by its tail . He was even more surprised since it was able to detect him . Ed swung once more but he was stopped again . Although its tails weren't long, it was in comparison to its size . The Kyuubi was even bigger than Raikou, so its tails were all at least one meter long .

Ed kept trying to injure it, but he was stopped every time . Seemingly bored, the Kyuubi, who was fighting both Raikou and Ed at the same time, released its magic . Ed noticed that one of its tail tips burned with blue flames as it struck the ground . The already hot atmosphere turned hotter . Ed and Raikou backed away quickly and saw that a circle around the Kyuubi was burning . Had they stayed at their positions, they would be severely burned .

"Raikou, the opponent this time is very tricky . You can go all out" The exchange right now was a way for both parties to size up each other . 'By the way, system . Isn't the jump in difficulty too much? The fourth floor, although confusing, was much simpler than this floor' . Ed had his doubts about the boss this time .

[The monsters' cultivation stays the same every time they respawn, but not their rarity . You're simply too unlucky to meet a Legendary monster . ]

Ed didn't too deeply into it . He and Raikou activated Ken, while the monster seemed as if it was enhancing itself somehow . 'It's probably using its QI as a doping' Ed guessed while activating his Mangekyo Sharingan . He wasn't going easy in this fight at all . Ed took the initiative this time, but not by using space magic . Instead, he used Shunpo with Ken giving him unprecedented speed . This time he attacked the Kyuubi from the front .

The Kyuubi was able to react to Ed once more and blocked his attack . This time, however, Ed kept using Shunpo is succession . Allowing him to 'split up' and attack from multiple directions . As expected, the Kyuubi was having a hard time following his movements . It had to go into a defensive mode in order to stay safe . Being occupied with Ed, it didn't notice Raikou charging towards it . Raikou rammed the Kyuubi with lightning magic clad .

Raikou's attack was very effective since it could stun the Kyuubi . This gave Ed the chance to attack it . "Oni Giri" Ed slashed with his three swords simultaneously . He enhanced his swords with Shu giving them extra slashing power . Three injuries appeared on the Kyuubi's body, but Ed knew that they weren't serious injuries . However, they were just enough to piss off the Kyuubi .

"Grrrr!" It bared its fangs at both Ed and Raikou, and its nine-tails spread out like a fan . Each one of the tails' tips had a blue flame on it . "Raikou get into my shadow!" Ed didn't know what it was going to do, but he knew a big attack was coming . Right after Raikou disappeared, a burst of flame surrounded the area . It seemed like a bomb had just exploded in this place . Ed activated his Ken and used Ryu to greatly enhance his legs . He also Shunpo and Spectral Shadow Steps . He was running at maximum speed, yet he could barely outrun the flames . If a wall were to appear in front of Ed right now, the slight delay in hitting it would cause the flames to catch up to him .

After a few seconds, the flames finally stopped . Ed was hundreds and hundreds of meters away from the Kyuubi's location . When he got back there, he noticed that the crater's size grew . 'So the original crater was its doing' . Ed could understand why the group from earlier wasn't a match for this monster . It was simply too powerful . "Well, nothing we can't handle" Ed joked around as Raikou left his shadow . Raikou didn't look tense this time; instead, he seemed as if his pride was hurt . Both of them were Legendary monsters, but Raikou had to rely on Ed to run away .

Raikou took the charge this time and clashed with the Kyuubi . He was using both Lightning and Fire magic . Any Fireball that hit the Kyuubi would be followed by a lightning strike . Raikou was using his maximum potential, and he was overpowering the Kyuubi . It seemed like his pride being hurt gave him an increase in power . "Grrrrowl!" Raikou was the one who growled this time . Multiple 'hands' came out of its shadow and surrounded the Kyuubi . The latter seemed surprised as it didn't expect this to happen . Raikou finally used its race characteristic after such a long time .

With the Kyuubi being bound, Raikou let out a lightning discharge . It was similar to the one he used on the Vermillion Eagles . But, this time it couldn't be compared to before . The effect area was much smaller compared to the Kyuubi's skill, but its density was higher . If someone were to see it from afar, they would only be able to describe it as such "A pillar of light from heaven" .

The fifth floor's sky was covered by ash, making it seem like it was always night . But Raikou's skill lit up the entire floor . Ed could only look in astonishment . After the skill receded, the Kyuubi emerged still alive but badly injured . It seemed almost unable to stand on its two feet . Ed didn't move in to finish it since it was Raikou who did most of the damage . Raikou stood in front of the Kyuubi as if telling it such is the fate of the weak, and in a swift motion, he snapped its neck, killing it .

"Good job" Ed gave a thumbs up to Raikou as they were being teleported to the next floor . Ed quickly stored the Kyuubi's body before he was fully teleported .