Chapter 58

"System, scan the two new skills" Ed gave the system some orders .

[Scanning...]

Nen: Change your life force into a special energy .

Shunpo: movement skill .

'Isn't the description really vague...? Well, whatever' Ed focused on the important question to ask . "Why don't the skills have a grade?" Ed noticed that his new skills didn't belong to any grade . He knew they were very useful and powerful skills to have but still felt uncomfortable at this .

[These skills would keep growing with the user as he keeps getting stronger . This means that they would never be at a certain rarity forever . The Shunpo skill, for example, would become better than supreme grade skills if the user is strong enough] . The system's explanation gave Ed a great deal of relief as well as confidence . Skills that grow strong with you were more than he could ever ask for .

Ed went into the training room and locked the door . Immediately, he mimicked what he had seen before and used Ren . His aura exploded out of his body and the air shook inside the room . Both Ed and Raikou were surprised at this, and Ed quickly used Ten making his aura smooth around his body . The only reason Ed had this much control over his aura was thanks to him practicing KI control every day, making this a child's play for him .

Ed finally used Zetsu and looked back at Raikou . "Raikou, I'm going to help you open up the pores that are closing your aura" He made his way to Raikou and was going to use the Initiation ceremony . He wasn't afraid of injuring him due to his inexperience because firstly Raikou was strong . Secondly, Ed had enough control over his aura not to make fatal mistakes .

Ed made an influx of his aura enter Raikou . The latter's aura was released and again, the air in the room shook . Raikou's aura looked much fiercer than Ed's . Soon enough, he used Zetsu as if it was natural to him .

Ed similarly did the Initiation ceremony with each one of his other monsters . Every one of them quickly controlled their aura and used Zetsu to keep it in check .

"System use one upgrade card on each one of Gobuta, Goburou and Garu" Ed was satisfied with his monsters' performance and decided to use his cards to upgrade them . He wanted to evolve his Sharingan at first but decided against it . He wasn't an Uchiha and using Mangekyo Sharingan in his current state would drain him completely . Even the system decided against it, saying he should wait until he breaks into Earth Establishment real at least .

[Upgrading please wait...]

Congratulations Gobuta evolved into Ogre .

Congratulations Goburou evolved into Dhampyr .

Congratulations Garu evolved into Werewolf .

'Huh that doesn't make sense' Ed was while looking at the evolution notifications . One of them didn't make sense .

"System, how come Goburou transformed into a half-vampire when he is a goblin . Shouldn't he be an Ogre as well?"

[Host is mistaken . A monster's evolution is related to the blood they have . Goblins have the most polluted blood among monsters because of their excessive mating . The system simply picks up on the strongest one of the types of blood and evolves them accordingly] The system's explanations never failed to enlighten Ed . He also decided not to dwell on it as it would not matter as long as his monsters do get stronger .

Gobuta's transformation made him a bit of a giant . He was now more than two meters tall and he had dark green skin . His hair was black and he had the face of a human with fangs coming out .

Goburou was now a bit taller than Ed . His skin was pale while his eyes were blood red . Garu didn't change much as he had gotten even bigger and had even more fur around his body . However, all three of them had an aura stronger than any monster Ed had killed before .

"It's time to do a bit of testing wait here for a little while" Ed went outside and got a couple of leaves needed for his tests . Soon enough, he was back in the training room . He also got a cup and filled it with water .

"I'll go first, watch me and do the same afterward" Ed activated his Nen and injected the water cup . Suddenly the water started overflowing . Ed stopped and had a big smile on his face .

'I'm an Enhancer . This is just what I needed' Ed had wanted to be an enhancer more than anything . He had movement skills as well as an ocular skill . What he needed was a body strengthening skill and now Nen would be more than efficient .

"Now you guys do the same"

Raikou was first . Ed wanted to see how he would be able to do the Water Divination test without hands, but Raikou simply extended his aura and made it surround the water cup . However, nothing happened . Raikou looked concerned but soon saw Ed moving towards the cup and taste the water .

"The water is sweet . You're a Transmuter, I'll explain everything later" Ed soon asked everyone to do the test after changing the water in the cup .

Gobuta's water increased in volume making him an Enhancer . Goburou made his water leaf move on the surface so he was a Manipulator . Garu had the same result as Goburou making him a Manipulator .

Ed recalled the three of them to let Suika take her test . She made 'hands' by changing the shape of the parts she extended . After taking the test, the leaf in the water seemed as if it was alive and started growing bigger . This didn't follow the usual results making Suika a Specialist .

Ed explained to her what this means and told her some examples that he knew from before . Suika was smart so she could easily understand what she was told . Ed recalled her and summoned the other three and started explaining things to them and Raikou .

After their evolution, all three of them were much smarter than before and understood what Ed was telling them, even though they had no reference .

After finishing the tests, Ed was planning to train some more with everyone so he cleared the water cup and everything else and got ready .