Chapter 9

After noticing Ed moving, the black wolf howled as if giving an order, and the other wolves started their assault .

Two of the wolves leaped at Ed trying to bite him, however, Ed was already prepared . He used his shadow steps to maneuver and dodge the two wolves and suddenly he was behind them .

Ed could feel the power-up he got after the spar . His movements were smoother and more concise, he wasn't at the level where he wouldn't leave any openings but it was a lot better than before .

After the wolves realized what had happened they turned around, Ed didn't attack them since he wanted to test himself before killing them . The other wolves didn't attack as well; it was as if they were studying Ed's movement .

"Nitoryu Nigiri!" Ed took a stance where his swords were parallel to each other and waited . Ed could now use more techniques thanks to his strength getting better .

The two wolves each attacked from one side trying to pincer Ed . However, he was prepared and focused only one them .

Just as the wolf on the right jumped; Ed used his technique "Toro!" and slashed his swords upwards . Although Ed still can't use air-projectiles, his slashes were deadly . The wolf dropped to the ground with blood gushing out as his head had two deep slashes on it .

Seeing the wolf die, his partner stopped in his tracks, It was afraid . Ed used this chance and pounced on the wolf, the latter was surprised as a sword came down on it faster than it could blink .

*Ding*

Gained 310 exp .

Gained 300 exp .

[Congratulations, Experience has been unlocked]

'Huh, what's this about?' Ed wondered what this was about .

[You can now view the experience needed for leveling up] The system explained .

'I'll have to check it out later now I need to focus on these wolves' Ed didn't have time to love concentration .

Seeing the two wolves dying; the black wolf howled again and all of the wolves moved . Five of them headed towards Ed while the other four went to Becky .

Ed got serious and activated his Sharingan, he couldn't afford to take it easy now . After the Sharingan was activated he could see things even more clearly and time slowed down .

He rushed towards the wolf closest to him and slashed . His actions were so fast that the wolf's head fell down before he could even make out what had happened .

Gained 300 exp .

The other wolves were surprised but still attacked him . Seeing that he was surrounded, Ed swung his swords around in a circular motion . Two wolves were already mid-air and got their foot chopped off, while the other two retreated back .

Ed finished the two wolves off since they couldn't do anything, and exp notices sounded in his head . Ed then made his way to the wolves that were left and it ended with a couple of swings of his sword .

After activating the Sharingan; Ed's movements were refined, even more, so 2 wolves couldn't be a challenge to him .

"Becky are you do-!" Turning around to see how Becky was doing, he found out that she had two wolves in her hands while the other two were dead on the ground .

'She didn't even use her sword, what the hell!!' Ed kept getting more surprised by this maid of his .

"GROWL!!" The wolf leader who was sitting down got up and growled . He was making his way to Ed .

"Don't butt in Becky!" Ed was afraid Becky would finish this all too quickly .

Ed started sprinting towards the black wolf as well, as soon as the wolf entered his range of attack he swung Murasame in an overhead strike, aiming for the wolf's head . The wolf, however, was quick on its feet and dodged the strike to the left .

These movements were seen clearly by Ed so he gripped his Murata-tou hard and swung in from his right forcing his body to follow it . His body twisted and turned while his sword was getting closer and closer to the wolf .

The wolf wasn't surprised at all and jumped backward dodging the sword strike .

Ed knew this wasn't going to end so easily so he still kept his cool and was looking at the wolf's eyes directly .

They both started moving and sword slashes, as well as howls, could be heard, they both had wounds on their bodies but it wasn't serious . They were dead even .

'I need to finish this soon' although they were both even; Ed knew this was thanks to his level 2 Sharingan . If he were to run out of time it would be a disaster .

Ed brought out his two Kunais and tried to use the same strategy he used against his father, only this time he used a tree as a target for Murasame to get stuck at .

After the plan was executed Ed found himself about to stab the wolf, however, he heard cracking sounds . It was a thunder attack . Ed got electrocuted and the wolf escaped his predicament .

The thunder attack didn't hurt Ed a lot but still caused to get paralyzed for a few seconds . 'Damn it! I forgot he was called a thunder wolf'

Ed looked at the wolf and noticed it was breathing hard, it was tired . 'It seems it can't use its thunder that regularly'

Ed and wolf started battling again; they were both tired and at their limit . Ed's eyes started hurting so he knew his time was almost up and got desperate .

He swung his left sword in a clumsy way, the wolf didn't let go of this chance and moved in to bite his hand . Ed could only bear with the pain and used his hand to latch on to the wolf .

'I got you now!!' Ed then stabbed the wolf with Murata-tou and felt the wolf's bite losing its force .

Both Ed and the wolf dropped to the ground .

'What a tough opponent this was, too bad it's going to die, it would make an excellent companion' As Ed was thinking about his battle with the wolf, his system notified him .

[Host, the wolf can be saved if you both agree on a soul contract]

Hearing the system, Ed's eyes lit up with hope and expectation .