Chapter 32

"System use 3 cards on monster Gacha, 2 on weapon, 3 on skill and 2 on function!"

[Drawing please wait]

*Ding*

Acquired Goblinx2, Kobold, Swordx2, Driving, KI control, Fire magic, Transformation card, Upgrade card .

Ed reviewed each card and was dissatisfied . The only seemingly good things he got were the function cards and the KI control .

"System how come I got a Driving skill when there are no cars in this world?" Ed had to ask about how he got such a skill .

[The driving skill isn't limited to modern vehicles . It can be used to ride on animal mounts and manipulate carriages and similar vehicles] Ed thought about what the system said and couldn't find anything wrong with it . Such a skill was actually valuable .

"And about the KI control, shouldn't I already be able to manipulate my QI? Do I really need such a skill?" Ed had indeed used his QI in attacks before so he was skeptical about the skill he got .

[Although you used you Qi it can't be said that you can control your QI . Such a skill will allow you to have a head start compared to others since people can't start to control their QI until they break past the heavenly Establishment rank]

"That makes sense . Then should I be able to fly and use KI attacks like in those anime when I'm skilled enough?" Ed was excited at such a thought .

[You can do anything others could do]

Ed was now convinced by the system and crushed the driving and KI control skill cards . He ignored the other cards since they couldn't benefit him for now .

He then activated the KI control ability and started focusing his KI on his palms . Soon enough he could see energy forming between his hands and was excited . A normal human was able to fly in less than a week, so in Ed's case, he should be able to do it in even less time .

Ed spent the entire night trying to control his KI until he could feel like he grasped the principle . As morning came around Ed had already achieved floating . It won't be long before he could fly at high speeds .

Since Ed didn't sleep during the night, he asked Alice that it was okay not to bring breakfast today and went to sleep . Raikou and Suika accompanied Ed during his training so they were tired as well and the three fell asleep .

Ed was sleeping peacefully until loud noises and crashes woke him up . The sound came from the dining area downstairs . Ed was worried so he got down to check on Alice and her family .

When Ed got downstairs he found a man with a haughty-looking man holding Alice's hand while she had tears rolling down her cheeks . The man kept shouting at the surroundings saying that the girl belonged to him now . Ed could guess what was going on here; after all, it happened quite a lot in most novels and stories .

Ed thought up of a way to end this dispute peacefully . He didn't want to fight and show his powers for no reason . Ed got back to his room and used a short teleport to get down to the ground; he didn't want to jump as he might attract unwanted attention . He teleported when no one was looking, and was now in front of the inn's entrance . He had Raikou and Suika wait in the room .

Ed opened the door and entered the inn as if he was not just inside .

"You, what do you think you are doing to my fiancé?" Ed pointed at the man and blurted out some unthinkable things .

"Huh? Your fiancé? You must be dreaming go back before you get hurt" The man ignored Ed .

"I'm being serious release her" Ed continued speaking .

"Who do you think you are to order me?!" The man looked pissed this time .

"I'm the Avalon kingdom first prince, Edward Avalon!" Ed spoke with dominance and the surroundings got quiet . Everyone knew of the Avalon kingdom, the kingdom whose king is at Heavenly Establishment . Even the man looked like he was rethinking his choices .

"If you really are a noble then, what are you doing in such a rundown inn?!" Alice's family looked hurt when their prized inn was called rundown .

"You seem to be a noble yourself . So what are you doing here?" Ed replied with the same question .

The man looked like he couldn't speak anymore and let go of Alice's hand . "Humph I can get girls like her anytime I want! Consider yourself lucky Edward Avalon . Next time we meet I won't be so nice" He then left the inn looking dejected .

"Thank you for your help, your highness" Eric spoke to Ed as if he was a stranger, which made Ed feel a little bit sad...and awkward .

"No need to call me your highness I'm still the same Ed who enjoys taking baths . Besides you and Alice took care of me in these couple of days I was here, so just think of it as me repaying you back" Ed smiled and waved his hands at them . However the family of three kept thanking Ed, even the mother who he had just met kept thanking him nonstop . It seemed like no one noticed that Ed, who should have been resting in his room just entered the inn from outside .

Ed accepted their thanks and got back to his room . Thanks to his quick thinking he changed his clothes to some noble looking clothes, which helped him in his act . If he had gotten out in his armor things might not have ended so smoothly .

Ed got back to sleep thinking that he must leave the city tomorrow . He revealed his identity now so he couldn't just sit around, noble identities did bring trouble along with it after all .

Ed didn't wake up until it the sun was setting down . He went down to get something to eat since he didn't eat anything for almost a day now . When he got down Alice kept avoiding him while looking red all over her face .

Ed knew she was feeling embarrassed about being called his fiancé and decided to leave her alone . Her embarrassment would soon go away anyway . After getting the food, Ed went back to his room and ate with Raikou and Suika . The three decided to go on a tour of the city one last time since he was leaving tomorrow .