Chapter 172

Ed noticed how much they had underestimated Blood sect's influence . They may have disappeared for over a hundred years, but they still managed to draw millions of people to join them . Thousands of posts covered the entirety of the continent . Ed could only imagine the state of the other three continents right now . Of course, numbers didn't mean anything in front of absolute power . Ed knew that the thousands of posts will have at most Heavenly Establishment people .

Blood sect wouldn't invest Immortal Establishment cultivators in such a large number . It was a question if there were even this much of such cultivators . This was clear due to Ed's attack on Emilia's kingdom . He had asked her if the kingdom didn't have a general or any other capable people . Emilia explained to him that those kinds of people were either killed for not joining Blood sect . Or joined them willingly and were moved to another continent . This was a way for Blood sect to dispel any hope of changing their minds by throwing them in the midst of Blood sect members .

'We're not fighting brutes with no brains after all...' Ed thought to himself as he descended near the first post . He did nothing but stare at his Map, and then leave . But, he didn't forget to leave behind a wooden sigil . He then did the same for the next ten or so posts . Each time he would descend a couple of kilometers away in order to avoid detection . He didn't use Zero Sign or his dimension to save up on energy . He only relied on the stealth effect of his Spectral Shadow Steps .

Ed managed to draw a conclusion about the posts by visiting only ten about them . There were small, medium, and large posts . The small posts had only about 300 members, mediums had 500 . The large posts had up to 1000 members . The strongest cultivator that Ed could feel from each of them was Earth Establishment level 8, Heavenly Establishment level 5, and level 10 respectively . Each one of the posts had humans and monsters, as well as Oni or beast men . Ed used Zero Sign only once in order to find out about the races in one of the posts .

'How are they able to do it...' Ed thought to himself after seeing the monsters . They weren't chained or put in cages . Instead, they were roaming around the members of Blood sect as if they were friends . Ed, as a monster tamer, knew that such a thing was almost impossible . The monsters were varied in type so it wasn't possible for such members to tame them . He also thought that the soul contract was not a viable solution . They would lose double the numbers in case someone dies . The only possible conclusion Ed could think about was a beast tamer joined Blood sect . A rather strong one in fact . But he never heard of a beast master capable of taming hundreds of thousands, even millions, of monsters at once .

'I'll think about it when the time comes . ' Ed thought to himself as he headed back to Avalon . He met up with Garu in secret and handed him the white disguise set .

"Garu . Since you're a Lycan, you can transform into a human, right?" Ed had thought of this possibility ever since Garu became a werewolf . Garu nodded in agreement and proceeded to transform without waiting for Ed's confirmation . After he was done, Ed looked at him in surprise . Garu looked like a man in his early thirties . His hair remained silver while it was slicked back . His size decreased to almost two meters, but he still looked huge .

"Change into those . " Ed pointed at the set of clothes he handed him just now . Garu agreed and wore the clothes that fit him magically, even though Ed was smaller than him . Ed had modified the clothes in order to fit whoever wears them . He was still growing, so the last thing he wanted is to turn up in a disguise were his pants didn't fit him . His decision worked in his favor, as now even Garu benefited from it .

"We're attacking Blood sect posts . I already prepared the teleportation locations, so we will save time . You can do whatever you want in the posts, but make sure to leave one or two alive . And make sure they take a good look at you in your disguise . " Ed's plan seemed to be a little foolish, but it had a purpose . It was also the reason why Ed asked Garu to transform into his human form . He wanted Blood sect to worry about the two of them as they would destroy many posts .

Having survivors would lead to them heading to another post, where they will realize someone is hunting them . This way, they wouldn't think about attacking a kingdom, as they themselves are being attacked . This would lead to them being prepared to intercept Ed and Garu . But, Ed only did this to last until his mother's birthday is over . After that, he will lead all of his teammates to completely eradicate any post they could reach .

"Let's go . " Ed had Garu put his hand on his shoulder as he teleported him to the first post .

"This is a large post; it has almost one thousand enemies . Let loose!" Ed smiled, but no one knew as his face was hidden under the mask . Before he left he turned around and said, "Oh, remember the spatial rings!"

Garu gave him a thumb up as he was also smiling under the mask . He quickly made his way to the post .

Ed also teleported to one of the large posts . He flew to the entrance, all while not using Zero Sign . He wanted the people to see his power firsthand, so whoever leaves will tell about his power . He wasn't going to let someone strong leave, as they might figure out some of his powers . He was going to let someone weak leave . An ant wouldn't care about the size of the shoe that killed it .

"Who are you?!" One of the members watching over the post screamed as he was looking at Ed, attracting the attention of his comrades .

"You see an enemy, and you foolishly ask questions . You should have attacked as soon as you saw me . Well, if you must know who I am . " Ed was speaking in a different cold-blooded voice thanks to his voice disguise ability . His voice sent chills down everyone's backs . "I am your nightmare . "

Surprisingly, both Ed and Garu said the same thing as they started their assault . An enormous explosion took place near the entrance of the post .