Chapter 112

"Get behind me!" Ed told his companions . He gripped his Muramasa hard as he concentrated fire magic on it . The heat was so intense that it began to make the air around the sword warp . "Blazing Blade!" Ed used another one of his original techniques . A sea of flames erupted from his sword and engulfed all the undead monsters . With the undead being weak to fire, Ed decided to capitalize on this element in this fight . At least until he is able to kill the scrubs .

Most of the undead monsters that were summoned were weaker than the ones who were already on this floor . The skill alone killed them in an instant . However, Ed didn't care about those monsters . His only target was the Elder Lich, who wasn't even touched by a lick of flames . It was as if a barrier surrounded its body, making it impenetrable . Ed was baffled at this . Granted, this skill wasn't the strongest he could use . But, it not being able to even approach the body of the Lich was abnormal .

'I guess we're in for a long fight . ' Ed thought to himself while activating his Sharingan . He didn't plan to use the Mangekyo Sharingan from the start as he didn't know how long this fight would last . Plus, trump cards should be kept until a critical moment . "How about these for a change!" The Elder Lich spoke as he activated another one of his magic abilities . This time, instead of the feeble zombies and ghouls, he summoned armored skeletal warriors . All of them looked like Legendary warriors that were summoned back to this world in order to wreak havoc .

Everyone in Ed's team started to take things seriously . Due to the number of skeletons that were summoned, every one of them was fighting at least three of them . Ed and Raikou planned to finish their opponents quickly and go to help the other . But, this proved more difficult than they thought . The armor that the skeletons wore had a weakening effect, making them take less damage . 'No way around it!' Ed activated his Nen . His increased attack power was able to overcome the armor's defenses . The rest of his teammates were able to slowly overcome their enemies .

'How can they be this strong...' . Ed had more difficulty with these Skeletons than he did with any other non-boss monster . The opponent this time was definitely in a class of his own . "Not bad! Not bad at all! Then try to overcome these guys!!" The Elder Lich continued to speak in high energy . Ed could only think about how an undead could be so energetic . Ed, this time, didn't stand around without doing anything . He attacked the Elder Lich by some flying slashes in order to get him to stop his magic . Regretfully, The barrier stopped the attacks .

"You know, it's proper manners to let someone finish their magic before attacking . I didn't stop you when you used that fire skill..." The Elder Lich had a sad and confused face . It seemed like his feelings were hurt . 'What now, are we in a manga?!' Ed retorted in his mind and stopped attacking . Even if he could break his barrier, it would be embarrassing if he did attack after being told by a Lich . "Then let me continue . " The Elder Lich finished his magic and this time, something terrifying came out .

Six headless horsemen came out one after the other . 'Dullahan...' Ed could recognize them as he knew about this type of creature before . However, the ones in front of him lacked a distinct feature . They didn't have a head in their hands . All of them were pitch black in color, their horses included . Each one of them stood in front a member of Ed's team . It was now a one on one battle . "Everyone, don't hold back!" Ed couldn't let his teammates die because of them conserving their power for the Elder Lich . Even if they were exhausted after the fight, Ed would figure something out .

Ed engaged in battle with the enemy in front of him . Being at Earth Establishment level 8, the Dullahan was further ahead than Ed considering only cultivation . But Ed planned to finish this fast . He charged straight at his opponent . Before either the horse or the horseman could react, Ed was in front of them . Ed planned to cut the horse's legs fist in order to make the Dullahan lose its advantage over Ed . But as he was slashing, he felt an attack coming towards him . The Dullahan's spear cut through the air while aiming at Ed . If not for Ed's Sharingan, he would not have been able to read its trajectory .

Ed used Shusui, which was hanging on his wait, and blocked the attack . Ed was pushed back a couple of steps . Although Ed was not using Nen, it was still surprising to make his retreat . 'Guess I really can't hold back' Ed started taking his own advice and used Ken . Along with both of his swords, Ed was able to slowly overwhelm the Dullahan . His ability to parry the spear attack, even though the Dullahan had the advantage, gave him the upper hand in the fight . Even the horse tried to injure Ed, trying to bite him or hit him with its front legs . But, to no avail .

As Ed felt the Dullahan weakening, he crossed both of his swords in front of him . He used Fire magic on both of them and slashed upwards . A small explosion occurred once the flames connected with his enemy . Ed was finally able to win his battle . But, as he turned around to check on his teammates, he didn't see the Elder Lich anywhere . Ed got a bad feeling and activated his En, Ryūsui Seikūken, and Observation Haki . The three skill being layered on top of each other allowed Ed to perceive everything . Even the leafs falling down from the nearby trees were within his reach . His En could now be maintained at a constant distance of 40 meters .

'There!' Ed was able to catch the Elder Lich while it was teleporting . It could use space magic as well . The Elder Lich was targeting Gobuta who was still fighting his opponent . Ed used a short teleport and intercepted the Elder Lich who was about to attack Gobuta . His two swords struck the barrier and pushed him back .

"You bastard! You kept talking earlier about how unfair it is to attack someone while they're using magic . And now, you're attacking someone who is fighting!" Ed pointed one of his swords at the Elder Lich who broke his own rule .