Chapter 148

Two days have passed and the Blood sect army came knocking on Avalon kingdom's walls . Only two thousand meters separated the army from the wall . It was surrounded from all directions . Luckily, Avalon was prepared . Thanks to Elizabeth supervising the preparations herself, they manage to finish everything in one day . However, the danger was still here . Finishing early didn't change the fact that they were being attacked .

"Why don't you guys give up already?!" A man came closer and closer to the wall, his voice sounded strong even from far away . When he was about 500 meters away, a lightning arrow hit him in the head . Oliver, who has been training for two years, didn't even give him the chance to get one step closer . He didn't even warn him .

Oliver was another surprise for the Avalon kingdom . Only two years have passed, yet he managed to become a cultivator at Earth Establishment level 6 . His speed was no slower than Griffin's or any noble who cultivated from a young age .

"You should respect your elders, boy . " The man who was hit by an arrow simply stood still . The lightning arrow crumbled away instead of injuring him . Oliver was not shocked at all . The man was a Heavenly Establishment cultivator, and the arrow only served as a warning .

"Respect is earned . Blood sect will never be worthy of our respect . " Eric who was standing on the wall alongside the other flew, and stood right in front of the man . The man in front of him was not the one who injured Leonard, but he wasn't a pushover . Both of clashed, announcing the start of the war .

Elizabeth, Griffin, Sebas, and the seven remaining Elders of Glory sect all engaged the enemy in battle . Bella was not allowed to fight, as she only hit King Establishment level 4 . Her speed was also stunning, but Oliver took the spotlight . Becky also managed to achieve Earth Establishment level 9 after cultivating hard for two years . She was tasked with the protection of Bella .

Avalon kingdom used all of the available militants . Sect disciples and army soldiers . Even the cultivators that weren't enlisted in any of those joined them in order to protect the kingdom . However, the enemy numbers were too overwhelming . The enemy had both monsters and cultivators; it wasn't going to be an easy fight .

"Focus on reducing the number of monsters first! Be careful of the ones that can hide underground!" Eric gave the orders while fighting the man . The man had a higher cultivation, but they were even . Both of them fought for a while, and Eric was gaining the upper hand . Griffin and the others were also fighting strong opponents, monsters, and humans .

"Let me in on the fun!" a man suddenly appeared behind Eric's enemy . Eric was surprised but managed to react in time .

"You bastard!" Eric recognized him as the man that took Leonard's arm . He became furious the moment he saw . Unfortunately, fighting two strong opponents was too much for Eric . Yet, before they could even fatally injure him, an old man joined the fight by flying like a white arrow . He knocked away the man using Leonard's weapon .

"I'm not going to let you bastards do whatever you want!" he spoke to them while standing next to Eric .

"My my . It's the all-seeing Edmund . It's a pleasure to meet you . " Eric's first opponent recognized the old man . It was Edmund whom Ed had met on the tenth floor of the Tower of Strength . He was the one looking for Ed every day for the past eight months .

"It's not my pleasure . " Edmund snorted while looking at him .

"I thought we told you not to get involved . We don't want bystanders to get hurt in our affairs . " Eric scolded him for joining a war that didn't concern him .

"But it is my affair . Edward saved my life, how can I stand by and let his brother get killed . " Edmund didn't forget the help he received from Ed .

"Sigh . Do what you want . Still thanks for helping me . " Eric was not an ungrateful person . He knew that if he kept fighting those two, it wouldn't end in a good way for him .

"You bastard!!" Leonard's enemy appeared again . This time much angrier, as if he was crazy .

"No time for chit-chat I see . " Both Eric and Edmund started fighting the two of them . Sadly, the man was using Leonard's two greatswords . Which are of a much higher quality than Edmund's weapon, a spear . Due to this, Edmund was forced to be on the defensive .

On the ground, Elizabeth and the others were doing their best to kill the monsters . But, the other cultivators were being in their way, stopping them from moving around so much . Oliver was also doing his best trying to shoot down flying monsters . His arrows were the fastest and strongest out of all the archers . He was especially adept at using Lightning magic . Yet little by little, they were being overwhelmed by the monsters . Disciples were being killed, soldiers as well . Many people were thinking of either deserting Avalon or joining Blood sect .

"Be careful, it's a Wyvern!" One of the disciples screamed . A Wyvern appeared in the sky, targeting those on the wall . Oliver jumped up in an incredible way and hit the wyvern with a bow as if he was using a club . The Wyvern spiraled to the ground, but Oliver didn't finish there . He sent a couple of elemental arrows, pinning it on the ground before killing it . He wasn't going to let anyone break through the walls . At least not those he could see .

Back on the castle grounds, Becky and Bella were struggling against a man . The man suddenly appeared and killed every one of the guards . Many butlers and maids fell on his hands as well .

"Miss Bella, please escape!" Becky knew she wasn't a match for the man . She could only hope that she can stall him enough for Bella to run away .

"She won't escape . She is my target after all . " Hearing his words, Becky lunged at him in an attempt to block him . However, the left side of her chest and stomach were blown away, causing her to fall down on the ground . Her mouth opened up trying to speak to Bella, but no sounds came out .

"Nooooo!" Seeing her in that state, Bella didn't think straight . She couldn't . She raised the Katana her brother made her and slashed at the man . Yet, even with her full power, she couldn't even make him budge . The man hit Bella in the stomach, hard, causing the air to escape her lung . Her body attempted to save her from the pain, causing her to faint . The man then disappeared from the scene, taking Bella with him .

A couple of seconds later, a man came flying from far away . His speed was extremely high, yet he was completely silent . No one could feel or see him . He didn't stop even though he could see a war going on . He went straight to the castle; crashing the walls as he entered, fear slowly taking over him . 'I'm too late again!' He was cursing himself but still didn't lose focus . He quickly made his way towards Becky .